2013 July N-400 Tracker

Cool! Congrats Lightcz and fushy!
My status still says 'testing and interview'. I think that probably means that my oath will be in October.

Husband called me at work: letter received - oath on the 25th at 9:30 am! That is exactly 3 months from my priority date! Awesome!

I just got an email that "application in the oath scheduling que". Probably means that I should make the October oath ceremony!

yes fushy, can't complain.. considering my field office shows a 5 month processing time :) Yours is pretty fast too.. application to oath in exactly 3 months! Hope to have my oath done within 3 months as well.

immbie, they do not usually put you in line until a month before the statutory period (I guess in your case, 3 years) is reached. As you will complete 3 years as a GC holder on Oct 24 2013.. I would expect your status to move in a week or so.

mangeshm,
I didn't receive any letter yet. But I took an INFOPass appointment to meet the Immigration officer. Today I went there and IO said he doesn't know why I was not received biometric notice even though I was in queue. IO gave biometric appointment there itself and finish it. I hope It will not take the same route for next steps.

immbie, they do not usually put you in line until a month before the statutory period (I guess in your case, 3 years) is reached. As you will complete 3 years as a GC holder on Oct 24 2013.. I would expect your status to move in a week or so.

Ah so they go with the date that they cashed my application fee as oppose to when actually my GC anniversary? If it's GC anniversary, I should be getting in line by now, but so far nothing. :(

Had my interview on 18th Sep, and had oath same day. Now I'm a USC!! W00t! Thanks to all the support we get here on this forum for making this less anxious. Now the process of marriage starts :)

Took oath today. Got to the place at 1:30 and I was out by 3:00pm.
I am US citizen now :)

Now all the fun of passport and updating ssn etc etc

mangeshm,
I didn't receive any letter yet. But I took an INFOPass appointment to meet the Immigration officer. Today I went there and IO said he doesn't know why I was not received biometric notice even though I was in queue. IO gave biometric appointment there itself and finish it. I hope It will not take the same route for next steps.

Hi n400abc:

I too am in the same situation. More than 2 months and nothing from USCIS on fp notice as yet. I even put in a service request and still nothing from them on that.

I think that I should do just what you did. But, somethings in your post are not clear to me.
1. What is an INFOPass appointment?
2. Where did you get to see an Immigration officer?

It will be great if you could provide a few details on this front and especially on these two questions that I have presented here.

Thanks so much for your help.

-Sal

Hi n400abc:

I too am in the same situation. More than 2 months and nothing from USCIS on fp notice as yet. I even put in a service request and still nothing from them on that.

I think that I should do just what you did. But, somethings in your post are not clear to me.
1. What is an INFOPass appointment?
2. Where did you get to see an Immigration officer?

It will be great if you could provide a few details on this front and especially on these two questions that I have presented here.

Thanks so much for your help.

-Sal

Sal, check this out.

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_lang.php?sel_lang=en

Hope that helps. Basically it allows you to make appointment with your local office to talk 1 on 1 about your case status and any information related issues. Good luck.

Same Day Oath Ceremony in Chicago?

My sister has her Naturalization test and interview on October 8, 2013 at the Chicago USCIS office. Does anyone have current interview and Oath Ceremony experience for the Chicago USCIS location? Do they have the Oath Ceremony on the same day as the interview or is it deferred? If deferred, what were your interview and Oath Ceremony dates? Thanks.

Sal, check this out.

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_lang.php?sel_lang=en

Hope that helps. Basically it allows you to make appointment with your local office to talk 1 on 1 about your case status and any information related issues. Good luck.

Hello Immbie:

Thanks so much for presenting this info for me. I will certainly pursue this route.

I will keep you posted how it goes. I might get back to you with additional questions in case I run into unforeseen difficulties.

Again, thanks so much my friend.

Kind Regards,
Sal