• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

America there I come.Iam leaving Kenya with family on 26th nov.2013 via British airways destined for st Louis Missouri.Thanks folks for your great assistance through the entire Dv process.God bless all of you.As for those still going thr the process especially Dv 2014,best of luck

Hi Losiamoi,
This is nice! Safe flight to you and your family.
How is BA's price? How much did you pay for your tickets?

America there I come.Iam leaving Kenya with family on 26th nov.2013 via British airways destined for st Louis Missouri.Thanks folks for your great assistance through the entire Dv process.God bless all of you.As for those still going thr the process especially Dv 2014,best of luck

All the best, come and have sleepless nights my friend by the time you settle.:p

I am happy to note that my GC has been produced and is my way to me. I can track it online. Seems the DOS people worked on it after I inquired about my case from them

Now I cant just leave this quiz.I have a DL from Kenya, and an IP here. can I take road test before the 3 months are over?

my brother welcome to st.Louis hope we meet one day

Hi enoo, you can go ahead and do you driving test as soon as you are ready. For Virginia, all they needed at the DMV was 2 forms of government issued ID, so soon as I had my GC, I took that with my UG passport as my 2 forms of ID. Once you have your State DL, then you no longer need your passport as an ID, after that, any place they need 2 forms of ID, you'll have your GC and DL.

Now I cant just leave this quiz.I have a DL from Kenya, and an IP here. can I take road test before the 3 months are over?

great news buddy ,hope all is weel with at least you can now smile and thank the lord cz you got the card with you ,wishin you success mate in your endeavors
I just received my permanent resident card (Greencard) Thanks to God.

snow update people!!how are you guyz keeping on with the biting cold? I bet the young kids are really enjoying it eh...

snow update people!!how are you guyz keeping on with the biting cold? I bet the young kids are really enjoying it eh...

No Job without a car and a legal status (greencard or citizenship). No car without driving licence, tabs and insurance. No driving license without passing road test after staying for 3 months and having a legal status with an instruction permit.. No legal status without being a greencard holder or a citizen. No greencard (permanent resident card) minus winning one or marrying a greencard holder or a citizen. No apartment minus good credit history and signing a 1 yr or 6 months lease. All apartments for rent need you to sign a lease 6 months or 1 yrs....whether you relocate or not you must pay for the time indicated on the signed lease! Remember rent only is about 60% of your total earnings. No credit history minus having paid several bills with check. No paying bills minus a source of income. No source of income minus having a job. No job minus having legal status (greencard or citizenship) and good background checks (no criminal record, no drug use). TAX TAX TAX everywhere. Federal tax, state tax, local govn tax, social security tax, medicare tax, car and medical insurance etc, car fuel, car maintenance, rent, food, garbage, gas, electricity, cable TV bills etc. LIFE IS HARD. You MUST depend on someone for several months here yet nobody wants unnecessary burden and extra expense! I now see a reason why most immigrants are under depression and some commit suicide cos here you begin from ZERO.

No Job without a car and a legal status (greencard or citizenship). No car without driving licence, tabs and insurance. No driving license without passing road test after staying for 3 months and having a legal status with an instruction permit.. No legal status without being a greencard holder or a citizen. No greencard (permanent resident card) minus winning one or marrying a greencard holder or a citizen. No apartment minus good credit history and signing a 1 yr or 6 months lease. All apartments for rent need you to sign a lease 6 months or 1 yrs....whether you relocate or not you must pay for the time indicated on the signed lease! Remember rent only is about 60% of your total earnings. No credit history minus having paid several bills with check. No paying bills minus a source of income. No source of income minus having a job. No job minus having legal status (greencard or citizenship) and good background checks (no criminal record, no drug use). TAX TAX TAX everywhere. Federal tax, state tax, local govn tax, social security tax, medicare tax, car and medical insurance etc, car fuel, car maintenance, rent, food, garbage, gas, electricity, cable TV bills etc. LIFE IS HARD. You MUST depend on someone for several months here yet nobody wants unnecessary burden and extra expense! I now see a reason why most immigrants are under depression and some commit suicide cos here you begin from ZERO.

Nice post as usual thanks for the precious information enoo
My self I I immigrated 3 times in my life I always had to start from zero! Usa will be like holliday resort for me :), I love challenges in life keeps me on the Go...
Thanlks again enoo

Good now you are catching up,he he but all in good time you will be on your own.:p

Life is about choices. The above posts might be well intended but from my view it's nothing new from how you have been living life. Even in our home country rent, food, fuel, electricity....bills bills was part of us. The difference comes in you being new to the environment. I believe if you set your priorities and work hard towards achieving them nothing is impossible, but If you set your mind to how hard life is, i don't think it will be easy either. Take up the challenge and rise to the occasion and do your part. Bills is part of our life.

Life is about choices. The above posts might be well intended but from my view it's nothing new from how you have been living life. Even in our home country rent, food, fuel, electricity....bills bills was part of us. The difference comes in you being new to the environment. I believe if you set your priorities and work hard towards achieving them nothing is impossible, but If you set your mind to how hard life is, i don't think it will be easy either. Take up the challenge and rise to the occasion and do your part. Bills is part of our life.
Well Said Dubai B.Life is like that everywhere.We Only pick up our pieces together and focus on wwhere we want to nbe.So One must face the challege positively and have positive goals to Achieve.We get whatever we want to achieve.so bills are part of us taxes etc etc.The Challenge is to think and act smart and realize the best we can in this World Then the Rest God will be there for us For he knows us and whoever trusts in Him,he never let us down.

Finally i landed today at Lambert international airport here in Missouri at exactly 7.50 pm through chicago.I was received well by my host(a church) which has rented for me and and my family a fully furnished apartment atleast for the time being as we learn the new ropes.Friends God is precious please trust in him and all will be well.
As for the fares, i used British airways which charged me a total of ksh 380,000 for the entire family of 5.
When it comes to the perceived hard life in America i believe that everything is possible.Set your priorities right and all will be well.