• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

SSN Inquiry

Arrived end of Jan POE Denver Colorado- Yesterday i visited Social Security office in Aurora and was told my SSN was registered for by Immigration?? lady behind the counter me asked to register at WWW.USPS.COM. She didn't give much ear to my inquiry in this registration she just insisted i register immediately anyone with a similar experience??. Please advice on how i register for USPS.

Thanks

welcome to America Favor, just go to www.usps.com its the goverment owned postal service, your social security card will be delivered by them to your address. just register to have an account, to rwegister u need only your email and names

SSN Inquiry

Arrived end of Jan POE Denver Colorado- Yesterday i visited Social Security office in Aurora and was told my SSN was registered for by Immigration?? lady behind the counter me asked to register at WWW.USPS.COM. She didn't give much ear to my inquiry in this registration she just insisted i register immediately anyone with a similar experience??. Please advice on how i register for USPS.

Thanks

Thank you Solwach, i finally received my SSN today Glory be to God. Wonder how much longer its going to take before i can get the Green card, i paid for it a month ago prior to my entry into the US.

Need your advices mates

Mates, my prospective host changed the address, this needs to be corrected if I intent to be hosted by him and I think even the CO will get me well. But now I want to change the host of course with different address.
When shall I do that? If I do this on the day of interview, it won't jeopardize my case?

Hi, house, happy new to all, I can see everyone is busy settling down. May God bless us all in our new dreamland. Do not forget your God who had help you to be where you are today, when you are in the new land God has given you. Remain bless.

Thank you Solwach, i finally received my SSN today Glory be to God. Wonder how much longer its going to take before i can get the Green card, i paid for it a month ago prior to my entry into the US.

Congs favor, yo green card will be out soon, usually wen u pay from here in US, it takes one week and its delivered.

Mates, my prospective host changed the address, this needs to be corrected if I intent to be hosted by him and I think even the CO will get me well. But now I want to change the host of course with different address.
When shall I do that? If I do this on the day of interview, it won't jeopardize my case?

U can change yo address any time, it does not affect yo case at all. Stay calm.

got my SSN ....Now am calmly praying about and waiting for my green card to be delivered ... because i cant seen to get hired 5 prospective employers i have met want to see the green card 1st before they can hire me...wonder how long i will wait.. Is there anyway i can get work as i await the green card? fully trusting Jeremiah 29:11

child's photos issue

The picture in my daughter’s passport(taken many months ago before being selected) is now different from her current real look! She got her passport when she was around 4 months and now she is 2 years and anybody can deny it belongs to her if they compare the owner to her photo because it was taken many months ago and I don't see any similarity.

so,What shall I do my mates? Won’t it jeopardize my case on the interview day expected in May or at the POE?

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture in my daughter’s passport(taken many months ago before being selected) is now different from her current real look! She got her passport when she was around 4 months and now she is 2 years and anybody can deny it belongs to her if they compare the owner to her photo because it was taken many months ago and I don't see any similarity.

so,What shall I do my mates? Won’t it jeopardize my case on the interview day expected in May or at the POE?

Relax and go ahead with preparations. There is nothing to worry you or deny you a visa as long you have met all the other rules. Children below a certain age are allowed to have that difference in looks. Focus on the interview and you will be good.

got my SSN ....Now am calmly praying about and waiting for my green card to be delivered ... because i cant seen to get hired 5 prospective employers i have met want to see the green card 1st before they can hire me...wonder how long i will wait.. Is there anyway i can get work as i await the green card? fully trusting Jeremiah 29:11

B4 i got green card i was using my visa in passport coz it serves as evidence for permanent residence for one year after endorsement, have u tried that?

Thanks Solwach, yes i have tried that out though turned down in many places with my Visa. My case status indicates the card processing begun a few days ago sure i'll have it soon.:)

B4 i got green card i was using my visa in passport coz it serves as evidence for permanent residence for one year after endorsement, have u tried that?

What? :confused: As a matter of fact, you're NOT required to show a prospective employer your GC in order for them to employ you. All you need is your SSN and a picture ID - and you can use either a driver's license or a State-issued ID. You can also use your passport as a form of ID, but I wouldn't encourage a new immigrant to use their passport just in case you run into some bigot who might want to take advantage of you. Use a State-issued ID instead, it's cheap and easy to obtain.

And don't go about telling a prospective employer you're a newly landed immigrant, that may be another reason they're insisiting on seeing the GC itself. Most people are not aware of the fact that the endorsed stamp is as valid as the plastic GC itself for 1 year.

Thanks Solwach, yes i have tried that out though turned down in many places with my Visa. My case status indicates the card processing begun a few days ago sure i'll have it soon.:)

hi Makiki, that's good progress already reaping the fruits.

I am OK,,,,,,, some crazy dude from this forum once called me for 411 so i played a sucker to catch him he never called back. People please don't be so nosy about our private lives otherwise you wont get what you are looking for.

No Job without a car and a legal status (greencard or citizenship). No car without driving licence, tabs and insurance. No driving license without passing road test after staying for 3 months and having a legal status with an instruction permit.. No legal status without being a greencard holder or a citizen. No greencard (permanent resident card) minus winning one or marrying a greencard holder or a citizen. No apartment minus good credit history and signing a 1 yr or 6 months lease. All apartments for rent need you to sign a lease 6 months or 1 yrs....whether you relocate or not you must pay for the time indicated on the signed lease! Remember rent only is about 60% of your total earnings. No credit history minus having paid several bills with check. No paying bills minus a source of income. No source of income minus having a job. No job minus having legal status (greencard or citizenship) and good background checks (no criminal record, no drug use). TAX TAX TAX everywhere. Federal tax, state tax, local govn tax, social security tax, medicare tax, car and medical insurance etc, car fuel, car maintenance, rent, food, garbage, gas, electricity, cable TV bills etc. LIFE IS HARD. You MUST depend on someone for several months here yet nobody wants unnecessary burden and extra expense! I now see a reason why most immigrants are under depression and some commit suicide cos here you begin from ZERO.

the above message might have some truth but WHAT DO YOU WANT??????? i want a good life i want to be in my own apartment i want to drive my own car yes yes yes yes then do something and stop thinking of all those things. Make use of this host start living

the above message might have some truth but WHAT DO YOU WANT??????? i want a good life i want to be in my own apartment i want to drive my own car yes yes yes yes then do something and stop thinking of all those things. Make use of this host start living

I agree, here people work hard to move forward.

How long does it take to get Green Card. Having arrived on 14th February, It is now over a month and the status still showing accepted.

Guys, do I need a yellow fever vaccine certificate before I travel? I have received the information about this requirement when its too late, I am leaving this Sunday.