• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Finally i landed today at Lambert international airport here in Missouri at exactly 7.50 pm through chicago.I was received well by my host(a church) which has rented for me and and my family a fully furnished apartment atleast for the time being as we learn the new ropes.Friends God is precious please trust in him and all will be well.
As for the fares, i used British airways which charged me a total of ksh 380,000 for the entire family of 5.
When it comes to the perceived hard life in America i believe that everything is possible.Set your priorities right and all will be well.

Welcome losiamoi soft landing God is faithful Happy thanks giving welcome to America.

Well Said Dubai B.Life is like that everywhere.We Only pick up our pieces together and focus on wwhere we want to nbe.So One must face the challege positively and have positive goals to Achieve.We get whatever we want to achieve.so bills are part of us taxes etc etc.The Challenge is to think and act smart and realize the best we can in this World Then the Rest God will be there for us For he knows us and whoever trusts in Him,he never let us down.

Exactly, well said also. The bigger the challenge, the sweeter the results.

I agree with you Dubai-b as President Obama said in one of his speeches concerning his parents "They believed in an America where hard work paid off, and responsibility was rewarded, and anyone could make it if they tried—no matter who you were, no matter where you came from, no matter how you started out."

Life is about choices. The above posts might be well intended but from my view it's nothing new from how you have been living life. Even in our home country rent, food, fuel, electricity....bills bills was part of us. The difference comes in you being new to the environment. I believe if you set your priorities and work hard towards achieving them nothing is impossible, but If you set your mind to how hard life is, i don't think it will be easy either. Take up the challenge and rise to the occasion and do your part. Bills is part of our life.

Losiamoi we thank God for your safe arrival!! all the best of wishes as you start your new journey with your family...Happy Thanks giving to all of you folks in Obama land hope to join you next year God willing.....

Finally i landed today at Lambert international airport here in Missouri at exactly 7.50 pm through chicago.I was received well by my host(a church) which has rented for me and and my family a fully furnished apartment atleast for the time being as we learn the new ropes.Friends God is precious please trust in him and all will be well.
As for the fares, i used British airways which charged me a total of ksh 380,000 for the entire family of 5.
When it comes to the perceived hard life in America i believe that everything is possible.Set your priorities right and all will be well.

We thank God for you losiamoi

No Job without a car and a legal status (greencard or citizenship). No car without driving licence, tabs and insurance. No driving license without passing road test after staying for 3 months and having a legal status with an instruction permit.. No legal status without being a greencard holder or a citizen. No greencard (permanent resident card) minus winning one or marrying a greencard holder or a citizen. No apartment minus good credit history and signing a 1 yr or 6 months lease. All apartments for rent need you to sign a lease 6 months or 1 yrs....whether you relocate or not you must pay for the time indicated on the signed lease! Remember rent only is about 60% of your total earnings. No credit history minus having paid several bills with check. No paying bills minus a source of income. No source of income minus having a job. No job minus having legal status (greencard or citizenship) and good background checks (no criminal record, no drug use). TAX TAX TAX everywhere. Federal tax, state tax, local govn tax, social security tax, medicare tax, car and medical insurance etc, car fuel, car maintenance, rent, food, garbage, gas, electricity, cable TV bills etc. LIFE IS HARD. You MUST depend on someone for several months here yet nobody wants unnecessary burden and extra expense! I now see a reason why most immigrants are under depression and some commit suicide cos here you begin from ZERO.

This is US as i know it now. It's too much hassling. You have to make a good assessment of your life and potential at home. I have seen people saying our home countries are the same, but this may vary significantly from person to person. Many people abroad can't do much after paying for rent and groceries. I have it extremely easy here, i don't believe i can make more money in US than i do here, the only thing in it is for a good education for my kids, but i keep asking myself at what cost. Well, that explains my long absence from here. Am chilling for a long time, will see when June comes. Stay blessed and good luck y'all.

Hi all, please advice on how else i get to pay USCIS 165$ if i have no credit or debit card nor an account in the US and my host is not being positive about using their account to make the payment. Thank you

HI good people its been a while just briefly..
I finally settled in Georgia , got all my paper work done , got a job , applied for financial aid which was approved now getting ready to start campus next month
America is for the braves you will make it but you MUST sweat blood ..
all the best !
to those who have specific questions i will be more than glad to answe...

I finally settled in Georgia , got all my paper work done , got a job , applied for financial aid which was approved now getting ready to start campus next month
all the best !

Glad to see you back. Seems like guys have taken a busy path in America. I hope everybody is doing great.

All the best to you all and please continue to feel free to ask others on the forum for any help if required as we are in this journey together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Papasan Good to hear you have settled in well in ATL....All the best as you kick off the new year in the classroom. Good to hear what the faithful Lord is doing for you....it is an encouragement to us guys who are yet to meet the CO and overcome the questions. God willing we will meet in the ATL and show me some ropes hopefully.

all the best !

Hi all,

What does one do when their Host to be suddenly cuts off communication a week before one departs for the US?

Hi all,

What does one do when their Host to be suddenly cuts off communication a week before one departs for the US?

Reschedule your flight to a later date preferably leave it open till you get an alternative HOST. I wish you the best.

I just started a petition on the White House petitions site,the petion is about speeding up the upload of 2014 data into the CEAC website so that we can start checking the status of our applications, the petion needs 100,000 signatures by 19 of Jan 2014 for Obama administration to look at it otherwise it will be scrapped. Your signature counts. Follow the link below and sign it
http://wh.gov/l9lJZ

If you don't have a credit/debit card and your host won't use his/her card, you can still travel to the US and when you get here, open a US bank account then make the payment for yourself.

It is recommended that you make the payment before you travel, but if you haven't paid, that doesn't stop you from traveling, it's just that the GC will not actually be sent to you until you've paid. Check out http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Hi all, please advice on how else i get to pay USCIS 165$ if i have no credit or debit card nor an account in the US and my host is not being positive about using their account to make the payment. Thank you

Arrived in dallas on 1st we thank God for journey mercies.now its dopwn to business.All the best to 2014 guys.