• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

How long does it take for the passports to reach the DHL point in Nairobi after a successful DV interview??????????????

A word of appreciation to @ Nickelly, so tireless in taking time out in busy america to still give us advice and clarifications on so many things, God bless you and may He continue to make you tireless in helping the rest of us, and may HE also give more people the passion to care and share Amen!!

Thanks pose you are blessed.

How long does it take for the passports to reach the DHL point in Nairobi after a successful DV interview??????????????
It depends on the day you do your interview but it normally takes 3-4 days. If you do your interview on monday by friday the passports are ready. If you have family it takes 4 days.

DRIVING TEST

Guys who are yet to come please Google and look for knowledge test driving. Check by state and then go through the manual then by time you come here you have a general knowledge and you can take your test within two weeks to save time.

in us already

Akelloh am here dear, flew in mid oct . Anyone in Portland Oregon? a friend needs someone to compare notes with.

DRIVING TEST

Guys who are yet to come please Google and look for knowledge test driving. Check by state and then go through the manual then by time you come here you have a general knowledge and you can take your test within two weeks to save time.

awesome tip right there nickelly, I wanted to get my IDL from AA but If I can get a DL in 2 weeks, why waste my money.
Quick question tho' to you Nickelly and all other forumites, my interview and medicals are spaced a week apart. Do y'all think thats enough time or should I move my medical to an earlier date??

I took driving knowledge test 3 weeks ago and passed then paid but I haven't received the driving permit yet I was told it takes 3 weeks! when it finally arrives, can I take the road test before the 3 months are over? Even My GC I havent got it yet I paid while in Kenya. Kwani what are these people checking all this time??

awesome tip right there nickelly, I wanted to get my IDL from AA but If I can get a DL in 2 weeks, why waste my money.
Quick question tho' to you Nickelly and all other forumites, my interview and medicals are spaced a week apart. Do y'all think thats enough time or should I move my medical to an earlier date??

yes your medicals and interview spacing is enough esp if you are single. When you come here what you get in about 3 weeks is a instructional permit that llows you to start driving under a licenced driver for 3 months before you go for the real road test then if pass, you will get the DL (AFTER MONTHS FROM THE TIME YOU WENT FOR SKILLS TEST IS WHEN YOU CAN DRIVE ALONE)

Thanks omogaka for getting back to me on the medical vs interview timing. Yeah am riding solo on this one, so I think it will work. But that DL situation tho' wah!! that's a bit strict on their end manze!3months is a long looonngg time to be dragging someone along with you, esp since my host is a busy chap I think it won't be possible to drag him along everywhere I want to go. Do you have enough info on a situation whereby someone has an IDL??I think I read on some forum of someone who landed in Washington and drove himself from the airport...#not sure If I remember clearly###

Thanks omogaka for getting back to me on the medical vs interview timing. Yeah am riding solo on this one, so I think it will work. But that DL situation tho' wah!! that's a bit strict on their end manze!3months is a long looonngg time to be dragging someone along with you, esp since my host is a busy chap I think it won't be possible to drag him along everywhere I want to go. Do you have enough info on a situation whereby someone has an IDL??I think I read on some forum of someone who landed in Washington and drove himself from the airport...#not sure If I remember clearly###

All I know is that the DL is the NAtional Identity card here meaning it shld be issued by this government. There is no use of an IDL here as far as I knw and have read/ So dont waste your money in Kenya and you MUST depend on your host for at least 3 months. I wonder which state you are coming to. You cant even be alone cos you cant rent a house cos of no credit history etc
things are so different here as far as I am concerned. Am in Minnesota

All I know is that the DL is the NAtional Identity card here meaning it shld be issued by this government. There is no use of an IDL here as far as I knw and have read/ So dont waste your money in Kenya and you MUST depend on your host for at least 3 months. I wonder which state you are coming to. You cant even be alone cos you cant rent a house cos of no credit history etc
things are so different here as far as I am concerned. Am in Minnesota

I agree with you enoo

I took driving knowledge test 3 weeks ago and passed then paid but I haven't received the driving permit yet I was told it takes 3 weeks! when it finally arrives, can I take the road test before the 3 months are over? Even My GC I havent got it yet I paid while in Kenya. Kwani what are these people checking all this time??

There are two sides of a coin faith and patient. You have a printed form that you where given after you passed use that Enoo. Take your time Enoo don't rush things. Even God took time to create the world for 6 days.Its a journey not destination.:cool:

I thank God at least I see things moving. I just got my Instruction permit (IP) card today. still waiting for my GC and road test to get full DL

I still request for more responses: can I take a road test before the WHOLE 3 months are over in MInnesota?

children of God
On your own, you will never discover the will of God for your life. God will have to lead you by His Spirit for you to begin to make the kinds of decisions that would eventually lead you into His will for your life. That’s why it’s so important to be obedient to God. Take time to pray even if its fifteen minutes have faith when you pray,i know Jehova our mighty God shall hear our prayers. Dont forget to thank him in every situation.Brush away -ve thinking always have +ve ones and you shall posses the land:)

Amen

America there I come.Iam leaving Kenya with family on 26th nov.2013 via British airways destined for st Louis Missouri.Thanks folks for your great assistance through the entire Dv process.God bless all of you.As for those still going thr the process especially Dv 2014,best of luck