• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

First Time visit USA

hi all

I got visas stamped on My PP now,but i have small doubt; My Sponsor was from CA, but now we like to go NY; is it a problem if we go NY at first time to USA?
have to CA at the first time and then NY?

Thank you,
Sanjaya.

hi all

I got visas stamped on My PP now,but i have small doubt; My Sponsor was from CA, but now we like to go NY; is it a problem if we go NY at first time to USA?
have to CA at the first time and then NY?

Thank you,
Sanjaya.

NO. There's no problem. You are free to select ANY poe of your choice. Make sure you ask them to update the address in NY in the system during poe processing.

Best!

It really doesn't matter if your package gets delivered on Monday which is the 1st working day of the month in June. Nothing will be done to it if USPS is able to deliver to the P.O.Box on Saturday, it's not a must for it to be received/delivered on the 1st.

Yes, it's ok to write your CN on your check, actually, it's highly recommended!

Great! then I will have FedEx deliver it on Monday. I trust FedEx way more than USPS.

Thanks! I'm so excited.

I will resend the application and include the Visa Bulletin printout with highlighted numbers.

Thank you for the wishes !

James82,

I would advise you to send package end of June to get there july 1. Since you are technically not current till July 1. My two cents.

I'm sending my AOS package this weekend, I have one concern.
Are they going to be corresponding with me using the address written in I-485 or they use the address written in the initial DV Lottery sign up form? My address has changed and I moved out of the apartment where I used to live in at the time. My initial acceptance letter and adjustment letter have my old address in them, I emailed KCC and informed them that my address has changed and they emailed me back saying my address had been updated accordingly but they would issue me another adjustment of status letter with my new address in it. So I'm wondering which one of the addresses they're gonna use?

I'm on OPT and I've included my employment letter stating that I'm currently employed as a contractor till July and as they're happy with my performance I'll be eligible for permanent salary position as of July. Do I need to include a copy of the contract I've signed with them at the time of hire? the contract just shows that I'm gonna be a contractor till July nothing more or do you think just the letter itself is sufficient?

I used to work on campus as GA but none of my I-20s show that. I had to mention it in G-325A form. I asked a friend who used to be a GA and she said hers didn't show it either. Unfortunately, international center at my school is closed all week long and I'm not able to reach my advisor until next week which is late. Does anyone know if students are given new I-20s once they get hired as GA? I was graduate student btw.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sending my AOS package this weekend, I have one concern.
Are they going to be corresponding with me using the address written in I-485 or they use the address written in the initial DV Lottery sign up form? My address has changed and I moved out of the apartment where I used to live in at the time. My initial acceptance letter and adjustment letter have my old address in them, I emailed KCC and informed them that my address has changed and they emailed me back saying my address had been updated accordingly but they would issue me another adjustment of status letter with my new address in it. So I'm wondering which one of the addresses they're gonna use?

If you haven't sent in your I-485 package and your address has changed, use the new address for the I-485 package. USCIS will contact you based on the current address on the I-485 package, not what you used as at the time of your eDV application. It doesn't matter which address KCC uses on their correspondence to you, the important thing is to make sure you use your current address on your I-485 and other forms you're sending in. This is the address they will use for sending your Bio and Interview letters, welcome letter and GC at the end of the day.

I used to work on campus as GA but none of my I-20s show that. I had to mention it in G-325A form. I asked a friend who used to be a GA and she said hers didn't show it either. Unfortunately, international center at my school is closed all week long and I'm not able to reach my advisor until next week which is late. Does anyone know if students are given new I-20s once they get hired as GA? I was graduate student btw.
The employment letter should be good enough but I'm not 100% on that. Regarding GA, you can show your W-2s.

Guys when should i expect my interview letter ? I had completed finger print on 05/03/2013 and there is not any updates since then.
is it too early for start panicking ? As we all know there is a time constraint associated with DV cases, i'm little worried now. Please advise.

Hi everyone,

I have few questions about AOS package:

1- Do I need to put the copy of my SSN?

2- In form I-485, for address, there is a box with title "in care of". I am the receiver of mails so should I write my name in this box or I should leave it blank?

3- for my tax returns, I have different forms, state tax long form, schedule, federal tax form, w-2, 1040, the copy of the check I paid.... which of them I should put in my package?

4- I put a cover letter saying which documents are in the package, should I write something e.g. I'm requesting for AOS or I want to file I-485 or ...

5- I printed my online banking statement to prove my financial support beside my income letter from the university. Is it enough or it should be an official bank letter?

Thanks for your help

I did the medicals today ..:) ....lots of shots :(
Just an advice if you will be visiting doctor soon. We didn't pay a single dollar for our Medicals. What we did is requested nurse/ billing dept that while sending our bill to insurance company to use the code as general medical check up and she obliged. According to fed law all the insurance companies need to waive 100% of the charges once a year for a general medical check up. Hospital usually sends a code to insurance company. If you gotta do x ray than you have to pay for that. All the other shots should be free as they are considered preventive medicines. Try if it works, no harm in trying.

It doesn't really matter. You can take them at the time of interview. It's nt a concern.

I had to mention in G-325A that I used to work as GA on campus but none of my I-20s show that. I'm wondering if it would create problem if they can't find any evidence. Speaking to a friend, she told me non of her I-20s show that she used to be a GA either. I think I'm being too picky and overstressed.

Just an advice if you will be visiting doctor soon. We didn't pay a single dollar for our Medicals. What we did is requested nurse/ billing dept that while sending our bill to insurance company to use the code as general medical check up and she obliged. According to fed law all the insurance companies need to waive 100% of the charges once a year for a general medical check up. Hospital usually sends a code to insurance company. If you gotta do x ray than you have to pay for that. All the other shots should be free as they are considered preventive medicines. Try if it works, no harm in trying.

Really, i spent almost $400 :( .... what would you suggest me to do. Should i forward my receipts to my insurance?

Message from Admin : After careful consideration, I have removed the ban from "raevsky". I would appreciate if both users aos13 and raevsky refrain from personal comments/rude comments/ sarcasm. Please only state facts to help other users, not your personal opinions. Please do not use this form as a means for creating/solving conflicts and grudges. This forum has been created to help all who need information from other users experiences. It is a portal to share knowledge we have gathered from our experiences and mistakes. It is not meant to ridicule or insult other users experiences or opinions. This would be the last warning. We will be monitoring the DV lottery forum. Any user who steps out of the boundaries of politeness and civility would be banned.

Thank you all for your time on this forum.

Regards

Administrator

Really, i spent almost $400 :( .... what would you suggest me to do. Should i forward my receipts to my insurance?
$400 tas too much. Is tat you paid for the whole thing or just shots? Yes forward the receipts to your insurance. You should be paid for your shots as they are considered preventive medicine. Examination for TB is only paid once when you enter the country. Rest should be covered by ur school/ work insurance.

I had to mention in G-325A that I used to work as GA on campus but none of my I-20s show that. I'm wondering if it would create problem if they can't find any evidence. Speaking to a friend, she told me non of her I-20s show that she used to be a GA either. I think I'm being too picky and overstressed.
My husband works as GA too. He just got a letter from his supervisor and department chair and that should work fine. You also need to get a employment proof and you can use that too. Rest of the documents can be taken to the interview. Yes you are being too picky and over stressed :p