Waiting Asylum decision

Hi everybody ,

I am so happy ,I got the approval letter yesterday . hope you get very soon as well. do you know what is the next step ? how can I apply for social security?

thanks for supporting me

Congratulations,
I am happy for you. The next step is to get unrestricted SS card. Wait few days until you get your EAD category A05 and then take it with you when you go to the social security office to apply for your SS card. Give uscis at least 3 days to update the federal online verification system. If you go immediately on Monday to the SS office, the system may not have your new status yet. This is why I said wait few days until you get your EAD AO5. You shoul get it by mail in few days.

You can check the status of your EAD category AO5 online by using your asylum application receipt number. The status will say " card production ordered or approval notice mailed"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody ,

I am so happy ,I got the approval letter yesterday . hope you get very soon as well. do you know what is the next step ? how can I apply for social security?

thanks for supporting me

CONGRATULATIONS MAFINA, That gives me more hope in waiting for my decision. The next thing i think is applying for Social Security# so u can work! Pray for us to be approved too!

I got my approval too, it gave me a new life. Thanks to God, America and all of you friends. I will pray for all of you.Good luck to you all.

I got my approval too, it gave me a new life. Thanks to God, America and all of you friends. I will pray for all of you.Good luck to you all.

wooow, CONGRATULATIONS HEYHEY, You guys are filling my heart with joy. How i wish all of us gets approved and we shall live to tell a story. God, pls approve mine too. AMEN!

GREATTTTT NEWSSS!!!!! Congratulations Mafina and HeyHey!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Thank GOD!!
Please pray for US! That no one here will left behind!

Hello guys,

I see no movement in the group.We had our interview on 2 nd December 2010 and waiting endlessly .Heard from my lawyer that the decision is with the supervisor .Our AO was very dumb , but our case was very strong.It's like any day we can hear on the case.Very nervous anxious.

Any good news in the forum.God bless all !!!

Hello guys,

I see no movement in the group.We had our interview on 2 nd December 2010 and waiting endlessly .Heard from my lawyer that the decision is with the supervisor .Our AO was very dumb , but our case was very strong.It's like any day we can hear on the case.Very nervous anxious.

Any good news in the forum.God bless all !!!

welcome to the waiting list...hope you wont jump the line......lol God bless

Ladylee, i thought you were posting a success story, how is work though?????????? Been 10months too since initial app, and its..>>>>>>>>still loading........

Hey All,
Thanks for warm welcome. Was insane for a while ,so did not visit the forum.Gosh waiting process is killing.Every morning i get up thinking will not get panic today .But it is next to impossible not to think.Hope we all hear something good.

Hey Mr. Bird & Lady Lee,

I think we'd been talking in a different thread, haven't we? I was wondering were you both on status by the time you interviewed, right? Have you been waiting for 10 months already! OMG that is really frustrating and scares me. I am on status and I think that is sandbagging the answer. I sent the written inquiry as per the USCIS site indicates, but nothing yet either. As you all said this waiting is painful but we have to stay positive and keep waiting.

I-589 Received 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done 17-Mar-11
Interviewed 28-Mar-11

Today 17-May-11
# of days 78
Day 150 28-Jul-11 (so not there yet) :(

hjjez,

I had a two month visa, which expired the week that my I-589 was received, but the type of visa i had would have allowed me to stay for one more month legally even after the expiration. So, I was on status when i applied for asylum, but When i was going for interview i was already out of status. Yes 11 months now and counting. I got used to the waiting, sometimes i don't remember it for a few days...lol

Thanks Mr. Bird,
But I don't understand I know people that had received answer in less than a month. It is frustrating every time I go to the mail box; I open it full of hope to get disappointed again. If you don't mind, how long took you to get the EAD after applied for it?