Waiting Asylum decision

Dear heyhey.

Calm down, I am in same boat, waiting for asylum decision in positive way.
In this form every one is sharing their experience and thought.
Anyone can ask may question regard asylum quires as to make satisfy.

If you have valid visa for more than one year, so forget about that you can get answer quickly from USCIS. Well other thing is your luck that how ur asylum affidavit has been review.
Today is 146 days for my I-589 application has been submitted to USCIS. And I have valid visa till 2011. And I have already made my mind to apply EAD on 152 days and ready to wait for year to see approval letter.

USCIS can deny your case any time either getting EAD or after a year if you haven't get any response for your decision (Remember your case has not been review yet, even mine because there are lot of case is in pending and sorted by priority).

It doesn't mean if you have been waiting for more than +100 years and thinking that asylum will be going to approve or If you case has not been referred to court.

My friends wait for the time and wish best luck to all of us..

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm .....

Mr.Bird i am not getting ...
Do you mean that USCIS has to approve EAD for those how filed after 150 days ( since haven't get any result ) and haven't hear asylum decision...

What is the max time Clock for approval EAD. If I applied EAD on 152 day, do you think that I can get my EAD within 180 days ?

If your case has been pending for over 152days you can apply for EAD. Then, after 150th day they count 30days to process your EAD decision making the clock 180days. They can process your EAD decision quickly and get it before the 180th day-(depending on luck and how busy their office is) However, the actual duration to wait for EAD is 90 days (3 months). When they receive your EAD application, they wait to see if you will receive the decision within the next few weeks upto three months then they send you the EAD approval or denial. Remember they can still deny your EAD application depending of various factors such as the ones below.

Your EAD(c08) will not be denied if you meet any of the following situations:
1. Decision is still pending
2. You get a recommended approval
3. You are referred to EOIR (court)
4. Your fingerprints and IBIS are clear

Your EAD(c08) will be denied if you meet any of the following situations:
1. You get a final approval for your asylum application. In this case your request for EAD (c08) will be denied because USCIS will send you EAD(A05)
2. Your asylum application is denied and gets closed before the clock reach the 180th day and you are still in a valid status.
3. Your fingerprints and IBIS have a negative results.

sorry i am asking too many questions, i am just nervous and has been taking pills to calm down,, how long does it take from the time USCIS deny your case and EOIR showing your status? since for example mr.bird's decision is made and he calls eoir and it says his case has not been refereed to court, does it mean he is granted asylum?

My wish is for it to mean that i have been approved but it does not mean that i have been approved, but it means that my case paperwork is in the process, but out from the immigration officer who interviewed me.

Hi every body

I haven't received any news yet .the stress killing me!! I am applying for EAD also . My interview was on September .

Hi every body

I haven't received any news yet .the stress killing me!! I am applying for EAD also . My interview was on September .

You have to learn to deal with stress. Keep yourself busy all the time and also pray.

Stress will do harm to your Heath. Trust me, I totally understand your pain because I experienced it. Actually I waited so long before I was granted asylum and I don't want to tell you how much I waited for the approval because you might have more stress.

All I can say to you is that I will pray for you and God will be with you during this difficult time

Thank you very much assylum , please pray for me .I called Asylum office and they said decision already made and mailed out in next 10 days .

Thank you very much assylum , please pray for me .I called Asylum office and they said decision already made and mailed out in next 10 days .

If you get approved, you will be able to check the status online by using the I-589 receipt number.

Asylum, are you sure about this? none of us in this forum are able to check it, have you done it yourself? the uscis told all of us the decision has been made but why it doesn't show on the system , neither we get anything from EOIR number,,

Asylum, are you sure about this? none of us in this forum are able to check it, have you done it yourself? the uscis told all of us the decision has been made but why it doesn't show on the system , neither we get anything from EOIR number,,

I am sure 100%. All asylees who got approved by USCIS are able to check the status online. The status mentions the EAD approval.

This only applies to asylees who get approved by USCIS not EOIR.

so what explain our cases ,, decision is made , but it doesn't show on the system, so it means all of us got rejected?

dear heyhey
dont stressed out, nobody knows whats the decision is, try to be postive and optimistic, just sit tight and hope for the best

so what explain our cases ,, decision is made , but it doesn't show on the system, so it means all of us got rejected?

This means that the officer finished writing the assessment of your case and submitted it to the supervisor for signature. The supervisor will have to sign the decision and then the staff admin have to do the other paper work such as sending mail.

Relax and be patient. Remember that all of us here went through the same situation. Patience is something that you have to learn.

Thanks for your responses.

Asylum, so the officer send the decision to supervisor only if we are approved ? or no matter he/she approves or deny the case, it will still be sent to supervisor?

thanks

Thanks for your responses.

Asylum, so the officer send the decision to supervisor only if we are approved ? or no matter he/she approves or deny the case, it will still be sent to supervisor?

thanks

The supervisor signs both approvals and rejections and then the staff admin process the paper work.

Asylum is complicated for the Officer no matter what the decision is. They have to do a write-up to justify whatever the descision is AND there is a collaboration among Officers and their supervisors. Some work groups will have a session to discuss all their cases, perhaps daily or weekly. The former INS and now USCIS Adjudicators have a nickname of "paper tigers". That should give you some clue that the whole process is very paper intensive. That takes time to accomplish.

Hi everybody ,

I am so happy ,I got the approval letter yesterday . hope you get very soon as well. do you know what is the next step ? how can I apply for social security?

thanks for supporting me