Waiting Asylum decision

Mr. bird and ladylee, you guys are still not able to check your status on Uscis website?

Nop! My A # starts with Z... so the "My case status" website will no accept it, and I've been checking in the 1800# but says no court records.... so, I have to wait the mailman everyday!!

Were you able to check yours???

I read some thing in this forum that when you were out of status or your visa expired then you applied for asylum that's a main reason maybe the IO refer your case to the court ! Do you think this is true ? because when I was going to apply for asylum my visa was going to expire and my lawyer told me don't worry you have one year to apply until that time you arrived to the us ! even during the interview never IO asked me about why didn't you apply for asylum before your visa going to expire !! do you guys think ,should I concern about it ?

Relax and don be bothered bu that. So long as you are within the one year, it makes no difference in your decision whether or not u are out of status or illegal immigrant. The only thing i read on the USCIS memo about valid status applicants is that their cases are not considered as of high priority so they take a little longer.

hi guys! i just got my finger-print interview? and how long is for the asylum interview? what have you guys told them in the interview? Please help me out or let me know by which ways we can give proofs to the judges:?
thank so much

hi guys! i just got my finger-print interview? and how long is for the asylum interview? what have you guys told them in the interview? Please help me out or let me know by which ways we can give proofs to the judges:?
thank so much

It will take you at most one month and at least two weeks for your interview notice to come. You can not ask what other people have told them because we have different stories. What i can tell you is to read your story like it is a prescription, morning, day and night. That way, you will master it and you will be able to answer all questions to your favor. About proofs, do not forget to bring to the interview all the original documents which u sent with your application. KEEP DATES OF EVENTS IN YOUR STORY IN YOUR FINGERTIPS. ALL THE BEST.

hey ladylee and mr.bird, any news for you guys so far? It's 3 months for me now since my interview, i called EIOR number and it says your case is not referred to the court,, you guys are still in the same situation?

Heyhey, anxiety is biting me hard. I have not heard anything from them yet. Still waiting, It's three months too since interview.

could anyone of you guys, specially asylum, answer this, it is possible if USCIS send our application to National Visa Center after they approve it? I came across this in some threads

Last edited by a moderator:
hey ladylee and mr.bird, any news so far? it's over 100 days for me now,,, by the way, is the maximum waiting time 180 days? i called eoir number today and it still says the same thing that my case has not been referred to court , and asylum office doesn't answer me by phone,, i wonder why it takes so long for you guys if they already made a decision,, thanks.

Hello heyhey, I dont want to disappoint you but some people on this forum have been waiting for their decision much longer then 100 days. Just let it go and one day you will get mail with a decision.

Is any one in this form who have been waiting for more than 145 days for Asylum decision and haven't hear / recieved any responce yet.

Not sure should I apply EAD next week because of 150 days or have to wait till 180 days ?

Any advice....................!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey ladylee and mr.bird, any news so far? it's over 100 days for me now,,, by the way, is the maximum waiting time 180 days? i called eoir number today and it still says the same thing that my case has not been referred to court , and asylum office doesn't answer me by phone,, i wonder why it takes so long for you guys if they already made a decision,, thanks.

Nothing yet still waiting in vain!

Is any one in this form who have been waiting for more than 145 days for Asylum decision and haven't hear / recieved any responce yet.

Not sure should I apply EAD next week because of 150 days or have to wait till 180 days ?

Any advice....................!

I applied for my EAD cos my 150 days ended this week. They can approve my EAD application before or after the 180 days clock. It all depends on situations. You apply after 150days.

ummm .....

Mr.Bird i am not getting ...
Do you mean that USCIS has to approve EAD for those how filed after 150 days ( since haven't get any result ) and haven't hear asylum decision...

What is the max time Clock for approval EAD. If I applied EAD on 152 day, do you think that I can get my EAD within 180 days ?

sorry i am asking too many questions, i am just nervous and has been taking pills to calm down,, how long does it take from the time USCIS deny your case and EOIR showing your status? since for example mr.bird's decision is made and he calls eoir and it says his case has not been refereed to court, does it mean he is granted asylum?