Norfolk, VA timeline and N400 related Q

Guys:

I am a USC now! :D :D . Had the interview and oath at Norfolk yesterday and as promised I have provided more than a detailed interview experience on this new thread (link given below). Hope you guys have a smooth ride as well!

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=303857

RVAR! How was your interview? Did you get take the oath yesterday as well? If yes then what was your 2 digit number during the oath so i can see if I remember you? Ours was 12 & 13.

Congratulations..thanks for sharing.

Was it impossible to determine the gender of your IO or what it a she-male (use of he/she) ?:D

Congratulations! Thank U for sharing. we live in Williamsburg and will have interview on 10/08, so I hope everything will be veeeeeeeery smooth. But anyway just curious:) what was your questions?

Congratulations..thanks for sharing.

Thanks Bob!

Was it impossible to determine the gender of your IO or what it a she-male (use of he/she) ?:D

lol! :D:D.

Unfortunately the IO was not sooooo friendly and would not let me "verify" the "details" or I would have been happy to post the gender if confirmed. :D:D

Just Kidding! Jokes apart but it took me a while to frame and re-frame those sentences so as to not reveal the gender of the IO (just wanted to be fair to the IO since its a small DO and did not want prospective future candidates to be influenced one way or the other.

Congratulations! Thank U for sharing. we live in Williamsburg and will have interview on 10/08, so I hope everything will be veeeeeeeery smooth. But anyway just curious:) what was your questions?

Good luck irchuk! I can tell you what I remember:

Governor of VA, Rule of Law, Name of Racial Discrimination movement, one promise when you take US citizenship, First president. Will let you know if I remember more or if my wife remembers any but they were all from the book.

I was there too yesterday and my experience was similar. Being a small DO the officers were very friendly and it all went very smooth. RichmondVA gave a very detailed overview of how it was and I was going to give mine in couple of sentences.

I took the interview around 9 AM which started with test followed by line-by-line checks on the N-400. I was offered for oath at 2 PM and gladly took it.

My civics questions:
1. What is the name of the national anthem?
2. What is the "rule of law"?
3. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
4. Before he was President, Eisenhower was a general. What war was he in?
5. What major event happened on September 11, 2001 in the United States?
6. What Ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?

Reading: How many United States Senators are there?
Writing: There are one hundred senators

Thanks everybody for keeping information coming in, answering questions and providing support to each other.

All in all, great experience and a proud USC after 12 years into the country. It is an honor and a privilege to be an USC!

Good luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys:

I am a USC now! :D :D . Had the interview and oath at Norfolk yesterday and as promised I have provided more than a detailed interview experience on this new thread (link given below). Hope you guys have a smooth ride as well!

RVAR! How was your interview? Did you get take the oath yesterday as well? If yes then what was your 2 digit number during the oath so i can see if I remember you? Ours was 12 & 13.

I posted my experience in your post as well. It all went smooth and had a good experience. My number was 09 and I was the one with a little one on lap :). I think I now remember you (we entered the building for oath behind you).

I posted my experience in your post as well. It all went smooth and had a good experience. My number was 09 and I was the one with a little one on lap :). I think I now remember you (we entered the building for oath behind you).

Yes! I remember you too. Congrats to you both!

Correct me if I am wrong but you are your wife were assigned seats in different rows. I mentioned to my wife that either you or another couple were probably my "forum friend" but did not get the opportunity to ask you. I did ask the other couple and they said they were not. So I thought it must be you (you had mentioned in earlier posts somewhere that you had a little one; so I had concluded you would be there as a couple). Well good luck for the future and enjoy your citizenship.

Good luck irchuk! I can tell you what I remember:

Governor of VA, Rule of Law, Name of Racial Discrimination movement, one promise when you take US citizenship, First president. Will let you know if I remember more or if my wife remembers any but they were all from the book.

Thank U. It really doesn't matter, everybody gets different but U know....... I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity :cool:. Congratulations one more time!!!!

All in all, great experience and a proud USC after 12 years into the country. It is an honor and a privilege to be an USC!

Good luck to all![/QUOTE]

Congatulations!!!!!!!

Thanks Nova, Triple Citizen, Irchuk!

Nova/Irchuk: Don't worry! You will get your approvals soon as well. Good luck!

Wow!.. thanks for sharing all of that information RichmondVA and RVARunner it was really helpful.

I'm also so excited for u guys that u recieved the same day ceremony.. so there is hope. :)

Also I wanted to ask RichmondVA u did mention that after the IO interviewed you.. he/she also proceeded to interview your wife. Do they interview the applicant and then their spouse seperately... I didn't think they did this for the N-400... correct me if I'am wrong.

P.S. great job everyone let's keep the updates going...

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all your warm wishes.

Wow!.. thanks for sharing all of that information RichmondVA and RVARunner it was really helpful.

I'm also so excited for u guys that u recieved the same day ceremony.. so there is hope. :)

Also I wanted to ask RichmondVA u did mention that after the IO interviewed you.. he/she also proceeded to interview your wife. Do they interview the applicant and then their spouse seperately... I didn't think they did this for the N-400... correct me if I'am wrong.

P.S. great job everyone let's keep the updates going...

Yes Linaj! The applicant and spouse are always interviewed separately. Each case is treated separate (since the applications are separate) and in fact there is a high chance that the IO who conducts the interview will also be different. So each one is on his or her own and at least theoretically one person could get approved with the same day oath and the spouses case could get delayed or get a different day oath (quite unlikely but still possible).

Today, I received an email from USCIS that they mailed me a notice requesting addition evidence or info. I checked my status online, and it says:

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On September 22, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I provided a lot of information (everything I could possibly gather), so I have no idea what else they are looking for. Has anybody had the same issue? I researched online, and many people are saying that this is just a FP notice. I hope this is the case, but Im getting worried :(

Thanks!

Olga123:

That "RFE message" means that they have issued you a fingerprint notice to go for fingerprinting. There are numerous posts on this over the past month or so.

A lot of people freak out on seeing this but the opinion is unanimous since they all get the letter for FP within a week or so after this message appears online. So you are in good shape.

Yes! I remember you too. Congrats to you both!

Correct me if I am wrong but you are your wife were assigned seats in different rows. I mentioned to my wife that either you or another couple were probably my "forum friend" but did not get the opportunity to ask you. I did ask the other couple and they said they were not. So I thought it must be you (you had mentioned in earlier posts somewhere that you had a little one; so I had concluded you would be there as a couple). Well good luck for the future and enjoy your citizenship.

Thanks and congratulations to you both too.

Yes, we were assigned different seats and I think that was because of different last names. Not sure but wondered why of all we were seated separately.

I asked the question in another post about whether we could go with infants and based on the suggestions we thought it might be ok. And it turned out to be good. They spaced our interviews so we took turns to watch our child. Again, we are talking about a small DO and they seem to be accommodating and considerate.

To all other Norfolk DO applicants... there is very less activity on this DO and keep the information coming as you experience and keep it alive.

Thanks to all and good luck to all.

richmondva,

Have you and your wife been interviewed because you both filed N-400? Im a little bit confused... For example, what if my husband is already a USC. Does he need to have the interview as well in order to support my case, or am I the only one who is going to be interviewed and he can just sit and relax while waiting for me to be done? :)

Thanks.