Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Receipt Date? Notice Date ??

Hi Guys
Just got mail from attonery they have cashed 4 out of 8 checks submitted to USCIS.The Documents were sent on June 7th 20007 for AP/EAD/485 for me and my wife. I have not got any Receipt date or notice Date till now.What does the above mean ?? .How do I know which one they have cashed which one they have it as pending.. Enlighten me Guru's

PD March/2003/EB2/NSC
140 approved -2005
EAD/AP/485 Dates ???

Last edited by a moderator:
June filers

I have my own thoughts based on what I read in this thread and some others

I think that 70% of all June filers were filed in the dates June 1-7. I believe that earlier June filers clogged the system and only now it is getting better.

Most of the new filers think that if they filed on June 1st they will be processed faster than those who filed on June 2nd or 3rd.

Most of the filers think that if they PD 2001 and filed in June they get approval faster than those who has PD 2003 and spent 3 years in the processing queue - already filed (the fact is it is not true, I saw examples)

There is a big number of June filers whose lawyers screwed the process - kind of like sent incomplete/wrong applications, used wrong address of wrong center (like Vermont or Chicago) etc. Now those people do not understand why their checks were not cashed more than 3 weeks and they do not have receipts.

General time frame when USCIS cashes checks is ~12-14 days.
General time frame to get a paper receipt is 20-25 days, if filing process was not screwed.

There are a lot of early June filers who is getting their applications back now, because there are problems with them, USCIS uses regular the slowest "turtle" mail service to return them back, even if originally FedEx overnight was used.

My App Status

Please add mine too ..
Here is my app status

PD 11/2002 EB3 AD 8/2005
I-140 AD 4/2006 ( Approved from TSC )
I-485 RD 6/4/2007 ( Attorney sent application to NSC but they transferred to TSC )
I-485 ND 6/7/2007
FP ND 6/12/2007 ,Scheduled to on 6/26/07 and completed on same day
LUD 06/10/2007 and 06/26/2007

One thing is pretty certain (my case being a case in point of several) that concurrent cases and moreso concurrent premium I-140 have swiftly received their receips. Mine RD 06/12, Notice generated 06/15 - NSC. See my timeline post above.

I personally know several of such cases who have got receipts early vis-a-vis many who filed much earlier but are waiting. It is just a question of one more week for June 1st & 2nd week regular filers to get their receipts..so hang on!

For those of us that were able to file, especially those with PP on their I-140s, look up to the sky and give thanks!

Not only is PP unavailable for all of July (at the least), but also I just read this on the www.immigration-law.com breaking news page.

"06/29/2007: EB-Visa Number Retrogression?

There is a rumor going around that the State Department will issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007 next Monday (July 2) or Tuesday (July 3) and that it may show retrogression of some or all EB categories, very likely to the point of unavailable for the month of July! Please stay tuned."

Got all the reciepts to from Attorney (Went personally to his offic).
I140/485/EAD and AP forme and my wife. App sent on June 7th by regular post to PObox number. Got Ability to Pay RFE on I140 as well. Attorney got the reciepts last week but did not send to me. He told too much work so did not get time to send this to me :(

he was saying with the current trend it may take long time to get 140 and 485.

Rumor Is Getting Stronger!!

Following is the latest on the Oh Law Web Site:

06/29/2007: Notice to The Oh Law Firm Clients

"We have suspended the work for July 485 filing development pending the clarification of the rumor next week. Please bear with us in this confusing and difficult time."

STILL LATEST FROM OH LAW WEB SITE:

06/29/2007: American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

"The AILF is an affiliate of the AILA and its litigation arm. They are seeking the victims who would participate as plaintiffs in the lawsuit by the organization against the government agencies relating to the outrageous and lawlessness of the agencies involving the management of immigrant visa numbers and implementing the visa bulletin in compliance with the law. Please contact your attorneys if you are willing to participate in the lawsuit."

I would love to join the lawsuit and would even love more if Lou Dobbs (The Category '0' skill-level idiot) is included in the lawsuit. I will even contribute to the law suit because the idiot Lou narrates all H1B immigrants as cheap and unskilled labor.

EB2 - India - PD - Oct. 2003
LC & I-140 Approved 2006/07
Filed I-485/EAD/AP - June 15, 2007 (FedEx delivery tracking)
Waiting for RD (RFEs??) from TSC.
Lawyer's Checks not yet deposited.

06/29/2007: Time to Keep Emotion Under Control[

06/29/2007: Time to Keep Emotion Under Control

The news of potential revision of the July Visa Bulletin is understandably taken very hard by everyone including this reporter. After spending sleepless evenings and weekends, this reporter feels like being hit by lightening rod from sky. But people should keep their emotion under control for a number of reasons: First, the AILA reports that they are working hard to stop the State Department from doing this. No one knows how much it will work, but no one knows whether they will change their mind either. Just calm down. Secondly, even if it is released, we have no idea which categories and how much there will be a retrogression. Some categories may turn out to be not too bad. We will just have to wait and see. Thirdly, the AILF is seeking a legal remedy should this rumor indeed materialize. This lawsuit threat may or may not affect the State Department one way or another. We are all educated people and should have received a proper training to maintain a decent composure and not to lose morality and reveal weakness of the personality. Losing one or two days will not induce the sky failling down. Availability of July 485 filing is at this juncture depends on two factors: One is whether the July Bulletin will indeed be revised and the numbers will be retrogressed. The other is whether the USCIS and the visa posts around the world will be able to adjudicate all the backlog I-485 or immigrant visa applications in a very short period of time. Until the Visa Bulletin revision news popped up, the only factor that would control the issue of how soon one should send in their I-485 applications was the speed of USCIS backlog 485 application adjudications during the next two weeks or beyond. Now, quite unexpectedly, our July 485 filing opportunities have been further mystified by not one but two yet-to-be-known factors - Visa Bulletin Revision and USCIS Backlog I-485 Processing Speed. As we reported earlier, we started receiving increasing number of backlog I-485 application approvals in the mail, but we do not know how fast it is undertaken by the USCIS at this time.
All of us have consumed ourselves for a couple of weeks this month by the CIR. The emotional distress have been futher exacerbated by the I-140 pps suspension decision. By now, we come close to the level of being exhausted. We should go home, take a deep breath, and enjoy family. Shutting this website will not give a peace to the wanderers. Have a nice weekend.

Following is the latest on the Oh Law Web Site:

06/29/2007: Notice to The Oh Law Firm Clients

"We have suspended the work for July 485 filing development pending the clarification of the rumor next week. Please bear with us in this confusing and difficult time."

STILL LATEST FROM OH LAW WEB SITE:

06/29/2007: American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

"The AILF is an affiliate of the AILA and its litigation arm. They are seeking the victims who would participate as plaintiffs in the lawsuit by the organization against the government agencies relating to the outrageous and lawlessness of the agencies involving the management of immigrant visa numbers and implementing the visa bulletin in compliance with the law. Please contact your attorneys if you are willing to participate in the lawsuit."

I would love to join the lawsuit and would even love more if Lou Dobbs (The Category '0' skill-level idiot) is included in the lawsuit. I will even contribute to the law suit because the idiot Lou narrates all H1B immigrants as cheap and unskilled labor.

EB2 - India - PD - Oct. 2003
LC & I-140 Approved 2006/07
Filed I-485/EAD/AP - June 15, 2007 (FedEx delivery tracking)
Waiting for RD (RFEs??) from TSC.
Lawyer's Checks not yet deposited.

You did read this right??

We are all educated people and should have received a proper training to maintain a decent composure and not to lose morality and reveal weakness of the personality. Losing one or two days (may be years) will not induce the sky failling down.

You did read this right??

We are all educated people and should have received a proper training to maintain a decent composure and not to lose morality and reveal weakness of the personality. Losing one or two days (may be years) will not induce the sky failling down.

You read it right.

While the information on Mr. Oh's website is very useful, his language does tend to be, er, colorful! ;)

Looks to me there is connection between CIR doom and possible rethinking by USCIS to retrogress. They might have expected to clear off backlogs to give way for filers who would have had become eligible.

Need a clarification

Guys,
Lets hope for the best, but what if dates go back?. Does it mean so far who ever got the receipt dates/notice date cases will be considered as pending or will they be rejected. What I would like to know is, if we get the receipt/notice dates before retro or unavailability of visa bulletin date, does it mean we are considered as pending cases and eligible for AC21 after 6months.
Please respond and its very important to me.

2. How many days usually take to get receipt/notice date. My checks were cashed on 6/25 and havent received mail till date.

NARSIMHA,

Since your checks were cashed, your application should be good. However, I am really concerned and p***** off hearing this latest nonsense. My packet received by TSC on June 15, 2007 and the checks are not yet cashed. Please see details in my signature. Thanks.

Guys, Lets hope for the best, but what if dates go back?. Does it mean so far who ever got the receipt dates/notice date cases will be considered as pending or will they be rejected. What I would like to know is, if we get the receipt/notice dates before retro or unavailability of visa bulletin date, does it mean we are considered as pending cases and eligible for AC21 after 6months.

If you have a receipt date I suspect it would bbe handled like previous regressions. You remain pending. Not sure about non-receipt but I suspect the same would be true because it's their delays that caused the problem. Not yours.

2. How many days usually take to get receipt/notice date.

This varies widely from one to four weeks.

If dates retrogress then i believe this time they would have done their calculations to know exactly how many cases they have which they can process to use remaining visa number. If they have used all the visa number for this fiscal year then it will be unavailable and that means no more cases can be approved. If they have visa number available then they will use it to approve pending cases otherwise the case can not be approved

Guys,
Lets hope for the best, but what if dates go back?. Does it mean so far who ever got the receipt dates/notice date cases will be considered as pending or will they be rejected. What I would like to know is, if we get the receipt/notice dates before retro or unavailability of visa bulletin date, does it mean we are considered as pending cases and eligible for AC21 after 6months.

2. How many days usually take to get receipt/notice date. My checks were cashed on 6/25 and havent received mail till date.

EB2 Friends!! URGENT

What do you all think about this latest nonsense from the USCIS? Do you think it is going to effect those who have filed their I-485/I-131/I-765 after June 14, 2007 since the USCIS have not yet cashed the checks and confirmed RDs?

EB2 Friends!! URGENT

What do you all think about this latest nonsense from the USCIS? Do you think it is going to effect those who have filed their I-485/I-131/I-765 after June 14, 2007 since the USCIS have not yet cashed the checks and confirmed RDs?

It would not effect if your case is not screwed and filed properly right to the correct address:

USCIS Special Instruction clearly says that all Employment Based applications shoud be filed to:

USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87485
Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

http://www.uscis.gov

I know that before when application was sent to the wrong service center they forwarded to the right one, it may not happen today.

I see that your case was sent to TSC (which is not right from my point of view), I saw that some individuals sent theirs to Vermont or even to Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Os155a?

MY LAWYER FILED 485/EAD/AP AT NSC ON 6/6/07, RD 6/7/07. CHECKS CASHED(FOR WHOLE FAMILY). GET EMAIL ON 6/28/07 AS FOLLOWS>

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: OS155A , IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 27, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow
30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

NO FP NOTICE AS OF TODAY. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHAT IS OS155A?

THANKS.

MY LAWYER FILED 485/EAD/AP AT NSC ON 6/6/07, RD 6/7/07. CHECKS CASHED(FOR WHOLE FAMILY). GET EMAIL ON 6/28/07 AS FOLLOWS>

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: OS155A , IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 27, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow
30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

NO FP NOTICE AS OF TODAY. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHAT IS OS155A?

THANKS.
Chhaya,
Can you please verify that the SRC XX number you entered is correct. It sounds too good to be true.