• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

VISA Bulletin for September 2015

Hi guys !
My forecast for Europe in 2016
October 9100
November 11000-12000
December 13000-14000
January 15500-16500
February 21000-22000
March 25000-26000
April current
May current
June current
July current
August current
September current.

I think they will forget about extra newsletter.

LOLOLOL!

Sloner - sometimes it just seems like you post things to wind us all up.

I think this prediction is logical in view of the catastrophic shortage.:)
I agree with you, the very low number of EU DV numbers selected for further processing in DV-2016 is unfortunate indeed, hence KCC may run out of EU selectees prematurely as you rightly have pointed out - clearly a step backwards from higher numbers of EU DV visa numbers in 2014 and 2015. What were they thinking! :rolleyes:

Guys, I don't disagree that EU will go current, but they will spread out the processing over the year - probably going current in August (For EU and OC)

Therefore, it does not depend with your case number. It all depends on the time you submitted ds 260 forms

Nope, that is not correct. It all depends on both the CN and the DS-260 form submission date. If people with low CNs delay their DS-260 form submission, they don't get scheduled for an interview when others with similar low CNs who submitted their DS260 forms early enough for them to be processed, get scheduled for their interview. Just because one has a low CN does not mean they automatically get scheduled when their CN becomes current, that's why all selectees are encouraged to submit their DS260 forms early.

For instance, those with low CN happens to submitt their ds260 behind time and VB is out like in Oct. It means they will have to extend the VB number inorder to meet their limits.
Kindly assist me understand the logicsbehind all this, dear mom.

For instance, those with low CN happens to submitt their ds260 on time and VB is out like in Oct. It means they will have to extend the VB number inorder to meet their limits.
Kindly assist me understand the logicsbehind all this, dear mom.

I think Mom just explained it well - but let me try a different way. Cases are scheduled according to the numbers which are current in any given month. No interview can be held prior to the number being current. However, no interview can be held if the DS260 has not completed the necessary processing - which takes time as Mom explained. So - by delaying your submission of the DS260 you can delay your interview, but early submission of the DS260 will not result in an earlier interview for someone if their case number is not current (according to the visa bulletin).

Thank you for the response.

Even though my CN is low-2016AF000027xx, still i won't receive the 2NL since i submitted my ds 260 forms-2nd of August. It means mine would be probably scheduled after Oct.

Even though my CN is low-2016AF000027xx, still i won't receive the 2NL since i submitted my ds 260 forms-2nd of August. It means mine would be probably scheduled after Oct.

Agreed. It is hard to imagine them having completed the 3 months processing on your forms in the last 17 days. So I think your assessment is accurate.

And that's precisely what I said earlier on:

You most likely wouldn't be getting an October interview in that case. It usually takes about 3 months to process the DS-260 form.

And that's why the "if you are selected" page that your selection letter linked to says:

If you receive notification through the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website that you have been selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program, you must successfully complete the steps on the following pages before a consular interview can be scheduled to determine if you will receive a visa. You should complete these steps as soon as possible.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html