• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

VISA Bulletin for September 2015

vanchandavy

AFRICA 9,100 Except:
Egypt: 8,000
Ethiopia: 8,000
ASIA 2,800 Except:
Nepal: 2,400
EUROPE 9,150
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 275
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 475

High numbers all round. Seems like people have ignored the advice to submit their DS260s early again!

And I can almost hear the screaming from those who wanted Nepal limited from the beginning in DV2015!

High numbers all round. Seems like people have ignored the advice to submit their DS260s early again!

And I can almost hear the screaming from those who wanted Nepal limited from the beginning in DV2015!

OCers going by last year might be a bit disappointed though?

I don't understand something: if the lottery began at October 1 and the results only at may, how is it possible to summit the DV260 before?

My cn is as201679xx

The game is just beginning for me?

Last edited:

How does submitting DS 260 affect the VB numbers?

How does submitting DS 260 affect the VB numbers?

The VB numbers are determined to yield the appropriate number of interviews for each given month. The interviews can only happen from the cases that have completed the DS260 processing that happens after the DS260 has been submitted. Let's say they need 1500 interviews in AF. They can only schedule those 1500 cases from those that are processed - so they have to increase the VB number to a high number to have enough cases to schedule. What that means is that we will see high VB numbers to start with, but that trens won't be uniform throughout the whole 12 months - they will slow down later...

The VB numbers are determined to yield the appropriate number of interviews for each given month. The interviews can only happen from the cases that have completed the DS260 processing that happens after the DS260 has been submitted. Let's say they need 1500 interviews in AF. They can only schedule those 1500 cases from those that are processed - so they have to increase the VB number to a high number to have enough cases to schedule. What that means is that we will see high VB numbers to start with, but that trens won't be uniform throughout the whole 12 months - they will slow down later...
Yes looking at last years bulletin it shows that trend slows down, But limit of Nepalese from the beginning might play a big role in ROA progress. Because in Nepal theres only 1 embassy which handles all the cases but ROA has lots of embassies. So now they can keep Nepal at one place and increase the ROA number so case density is 33% lower than the not full case density. Plus I think having selected low number to begin with there will be very low number of unhappy winners.

great numbers and how comes that all over regions have started with big numbers yet recent years they used to begin with lower numbers

Any DV-2016 CP applicants want to share if they start to receive interview/2NL? I am an AS selectee and have just become current.

Yes looking at last years bulletin it shows that trend slows down, But limit of Nepalese from the beginning might play a big role in ROA progress. Because in Nepal theres only 1 embassy which handles all the cases but ROA has lots of embassies. So now they can keep Nepal at one place and increase the ROA number so case density is 33% lower than the not full case density. Plus I think having selected low number to begin with there will be very low number of unhappy winners.

We have discussed this many times.

Unless someone decides to stop Nepal for no reason (and without the law to back that up), Nepal will take 3500. There are more than enough Nepalese selectees to ensure that (especially once you add in new spouses and children). So - as I have explained time and time again, The first thing to do is assume Nepal gets ~3500. In that case, it doesn't really matter if they let ROA go ahead of Nepal - there is still a limited number of visas left - and it is clear that As is overselected again.

We have discussed this many times.

Unless someone decides to stop Nepal for no reason (and without the law to back that up), Nepal will take 3500. There are more than enough Nepalese selectees to ensure that (especially once you add in new spouses and children). So - as I have explained time and time again, The first thing to do is assume Nepal gets ~3500. In that case, it doesn't really matter if they let ROA go ahead of Nepal - there is still a limited number of visas left - and it is clear that As is overselected again.
Yes I agree with you to a certain extent, But if KCC allows ROA to go forward without Nepal dont you think ROA will get more VISA numbers then automatically Nepal would have less than 3500 Visas. Look if they didnt limit Nepal (like in last year) we would only see 2400 in AS. But since they limit Nepal now they were able to push the asia upto 2800 (400 cases higher and 300 cases higher than last year). But I think its too early to draw conclusion we have to wait at least 2 more VBs to come to a conclusion. But if the trend continues until the end of the year Nepal might not get 3500 instead they might get 2500-3000.

congs to all numbers that have gone current and let's pray so that our year runs smoothly and we find no disappointments

Yes I agree with you to a certain extent, But if KCC allows ROA to go forward without Nepal dont you think ROA will get more VISA numbers then automatically Nepal would have less than 3500 Visas. Look if they didnt limit Nepal (like in last year) we would only see 2400 in AS. But since they limit Nepal now they were able to push the asia upto 2800 (400 cases higher and 300 cases higher than last year). But I think its too early to draw conclusion we have to wait at least 2 more VBs to come to a conclusion. But if the trend continues until the end of the year Nepal might not get 3500 instead they might get 2500-3000.

OK - so what would be the reason that a winner from ROA at 8000 would be given preference over a Nepal winner at 6000 (assuming Nepal had not hit the limit)? Because that is exactly what you are suggesting.