• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just found out I was selected last year

I called 3 hours later and got a diffirent answer.I asked if I need to start getting my documents ready and this one said you should wait for the notification letter.she said that my interview is still processing.and when i asked her if there is still a chance i may not get an interview,she said yes.
I just emailed them again and hopefully a get a clearer answer by tomorrow.
I'm going crazy here

I called 3 hours later and got a diffirent answer.I asked if I need to start getting my documents ready and this one said you should wait for the notification letter.she said that my interview is still processing.and when i asked her if there is still a chance i may not get an interview,she said yes.
I'm going crazy here

You are NOT going to get a straight answer until you see the 2NL in the ESC site. However, do what I explained earlier so that IF you get scheduled you will be able to move fast enough. Stop hanging on their every word, and start taking action.

I'm going crazy here
What is presumably happening here is that KCC requested to schedule an "out of normal scheduling" DV-2016 interview for you at the US Consulate in Casablanca for mid September. Now, the US Consulate needs to confirm their request and this, presumably, is what she meant by "your interview is still processing", before KCC is able to post the official 2nd NL. In any case, you now can not simply play wait and see any longer, you need to start preparing your docs as if you would have your DV interview by mid September, all hands on deck to avoid subsequent AP. Makes sense?

Last edited:
Now this,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to checkhttp://www.dvlottery.state.gov. If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application.

Please tell me I am safe.

And what worries me is that if they looked just at last 4 numbers of my case number and not paying attention to the fact that is 2016AF13×× and not 2017.:confused:

Now this,

Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to checkhttp://www.dvlottery.state.gov. If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application.

You need to re-read what I already told you!

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/just-found-out-i-was-selected-last-year.332164/p

Now this,

It simply is a generic response to your e-mail and therefore does not provide pertinent information to your specific situation.

@Talhicham Not to excite you too much, but I have heard from a couple case just today that were very late submissions and got scheduled for September interviews. KCC have finished scheduling the October interviews, and are obviously using the "freetime" to mop up some of the cases that need scheduling, such as yours.

Now, don't call them because you will just get another response that will confuse you, but hopefully you will hear something in the next few days. This is your "window of opportunity", because in a few days time they have to start getting prepped for November interviews. Based on past experience you have probably already ignored my advice and called them anyway...

@Talhicham Not to excite you too much, but I have heard from a couple case just today that were very late submissions and got scheduled for September interviews. KCC have finished scheduling the October interviews, and are obviously using the "freetime" to mop up some of the cases that need scheduling, such as yours.

Now, don't call them because you will just get another response that will confuse you, but hopefully you will hear something in the next few days. This is your "window of opportunity", because in a few days time they have to start getting prepped for November interviews. Based on past experience you have probably already ignored my advice and called them anyway...
lol
No I have not called them,but you were right ,I was about to....
Ok thank you and I hope I get my interview soon.
Thanks again.

That's good. That email is definitely a confirmation of a scheduled interview. So congratulations! However, you need to give the system some time, it takes a while for the actual interview letter to get uploaded, even after the email notification gets sent.

Just in case you haven't, be sure to print out the 1NL as it will get replaced with the 2NL once it gets uploaded.

That's good. That email is definitely a confirmation of a scheduled interview. So congratulations! However, you need to give the system some time, it takes a while for the actual interview letter to get uploaded, even after the email notification gets sent.

Just in case you haven't, be sure to print out the 1NL as it will get replaced with the 2NL once it gets uploaded.
Ok thank you.what a relief!
Should I call them(just kidding).
How does it usually take to load the 2nl?
Thanks for the help

However,I just checked online on dvlotter.state.gov, It shows a message with I tee view info with no Barcode as I have seen in examples!
Sorry for the noises from my posts

Just called them *could not wait)and they said the interview is scheduled for September 9th.

LOLOLOL so funny you called!

But I'm thrilled for you. I have two other cases like that today also - so they are certainly mopping up.

Forget the barcodes - who cares. You got an interview. Now make sure you are prepared.