• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just found out I was selected last year

@Talhicham , I presume you've also re-checked the ESC page. It may be easier /less frustrating in a way simply to check the page daily till mid-August, seeing as you have been given conflicting information by different people at KCC (unfortunately not that unusual) and who's to know you won't be given wrong info on another call. Would be sad if you thought it was all over, and didn't bother to check the page and in the meanwhile the 2NL was up...
Thank you
Yes I check it about 10 times a day lol

Thank you
Yes I check it about 10 times a day lol
Yeah, that's the thing - you can check online until the cows go home, but until KCC won't schedule additional DV-2016 interview for you in Casablanca, it will all be for nothing unfortunately :( Hopefully you have not incurred any major DV related expenditures thus far!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the thing - you can check online until the cows go home, but until KCC won't schedule additional DV-2016 interview for you in Casablanca, it will all be for nothing unfortunately :( Hopefully you have not incurred any major DV related expenditures thus far!
Do they say that they are not able to scheduel an interview on that same page too?

Do they say that they are not able to scheduel an interview on that same page too?
Nope, they won't do that. In that case, there just won't be any update with the 2nd NL that provides the interview details. If they won't schedule an interview, the page you see now will remained unchanged.

Called again (they recognized my voice lol),and asked if they still scheduel interviews for DV2016 and their answer was that it depends on the US Consulate(availability) and they suggest to call back August 15th,and when asked if I still have a chance to get an interview she gave a broad answer:"if I were you, I ll just call back and I won't say that you would t have a chance,because the program is until September 30,until then just keep checking".

This is the 3rd answer this week,so far!

Called again (they recognized my voice lol),and asked if they still scheduel interviews for DV2016 and their answer was that it depends on the US Consulate(availability) and they suggest to call back August 15th,and when asked if I still have a chance to get an interview she gave a broad answer:"if I were you, I ll just call back and I won't say that you would t have a chance,because the program is until September 30,until then just keep checking".

It is better than the last answer you received, though. Isn't it? And it certainly is correct in that KCC's ability to schedule a DV interview at the US Consulate in Casablanca for you depends on the IV schedule fill of that consulate. Best of luck!

It is better than the last answer you received, though. Isn't it? And it certainly is correct in that KCC's ability to schedule a DV interview at the US Consulate in Casablanca for you depends on the IV schedule fill of that consulate. Best of luck!
Thank you

Thank you
You are welcome. Two of several reasons the US Consulate's IV schedule is rather busy:
"* Consulate Casablanca is a designated processing post for Libyan immigrant visa applicants. If you are experiencing delays in getting to Morocco in time for your appointment, please send us an email at ivcasablanca@state.gov and we will hold your case until you can send us a firm arrival date. If you are unable to get to Morocco, you can contact Embassy Amman at support-jordan@ustraveldocs.com and explain why you would like them to take your case; Amman is also a designated processing post for Libyan applicants.
* USCIS has renewed our blanket authorization to consider a clearly approvable Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for Libyan and Syrian nationals where the petitioner is living outside the United States and cannot get to a USCIS field office. This authorization is valid through July 31st, 2016. See Filing a Local Petition for a Libyan or Syrian National."
Source: http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.html

And that is precisely the point I was making before, no point phoning and relying too much on what they say when they say different things all the tome. The one thing that will be irrefutable is a 2NL. Checking once a day is enough though, don't drive yourself crazy doing it all day every day! Choose one time and leave it at that!

And that is precisely the point I was making before, no point phoning and relying too much on what they say when they say different things all the tome. The one thing that will be irrefutable is a 2NL. Checking once a day is enough though, don't drive yourself crazy doing it all day every day! Choose one time and leave it at that!
Ok Thank you

Hello friends.
I just called KCC again and they said to call back in the middle of next week.
I asked them if they had similar situation where they scheduel someone for September during the last week of August and they said yes.They said that it's up to the Casablanca consulate if they have availability in september.
Hope they have one for me.
(I tried to contact the Consulate in Casablanca and they would not give any information about DV.they told me contact KCC)

Hello friends.
I just called KCC again and they said to call back in the middle of next week.
I asked them if they had similar situation where they scheduel someone for September during the last week of August and they said yes.They said that it's up to the Casablanca consulate if they have availability in september.
Hope they have one for me.
(I tried to contact the Consulate in Casablanca and they would not give any information about DV.they told me contact KCC)
It is not over until it's over... Very best of luck!

Hello friends.
Just called the KCC today and they said I am current for an interview and I will get a notification in about a week.they said that is likely to be scheduled before September 15th.
I kept insisting if I still should worry and they said no.
I am kind of having mixed feelings,happy and worried.
Has anyone heard about similar case?

Hello friends.
Just called the KCC today and they said I am current for an interview and I will get a notification in about a week.they said that is likely to be scheduled before September 15th.

Call them again in a few days time. They are dealing with DV2017 cases already - so there might be some confusion in what they are saying. If you are going to be scheduled you will need as much time as possible to book the medical. In fact, if I were you I would contact the physician now to see how quickly they could schedule you. It might be worth booking an appointment now - even if you have to cancel later. Check how much time they need to produce the report and what is the procedure. You should attend your interview with the medical report. Likewise on police reports - if you have not applied for those - do so now. That might cost a small fee, but it would be a worthwhile gamble.

Hello friends.
... "get a notification in about a week (end of August?) ... to be scheduled before September 15th...". Miracles do happen, let's keep fingers crossed! In expectation of this happening, you do need to start preparations right now, as Britsimon already advised. Otherwise you would automatically end up in one or the other AP categories. You won't have much time for that. Good luck!