• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just found out I was selected last year

Talhicham

Hi, my name is Ilyas and I just checked my confirmation number and I found out that I was selected randomly in May 2015 and it is June 21, 2016 now.My case number is AF000013××.I just submitted the form online since it says in the website that I still have till September 30,2016 to do so.
My question is:
SHOULD I WORRY BECAUSE IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO RESPOND AND FILE THE KCC E-FORM?
I emailed Kentucky CC and they said that I needed to wait for several weeks for processing but I do not know if they will process it by September 30,2016.
Please help
Thanks in advance

Hi, my name is Ilyas and I just checked my confirmation number and I found out that I was selected randomly in May 2015 and it is June 21, 2016 now.My case number is AF000013××.I just submitted the form online since it says in the website that I still have till September 30,2016 to do so.
My question is:
SHOULD I WORRY BECAUSE IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO RESPOND AND FILE THE KCC E-FORM?
I emailed Kentucky CC and they said that I needed to wait for several weeks for processing but I do not know if they will process it by September 30,2016.
Please help
Thanks in advance

You must submit a DS260 in order to be interviewed. The DS260 takes some weeks to process. The interviews for September are setup in mid July. So - if you fill out your DS260 TODAY, you might just make it in time - but it is already doubtful. If you think you can delay it another few days or couple of weeks - then forget it. You need to act NOW.

This guide will help you fill in the DS260.

http://britsimonsays.com/completing-the-ds260-for-dv-lottery-entrants/

You must submit a DS260 in order to be interviewed. The DS260 takes some weeks to process. The interviews for September are setup in mid July. So - if you fill out your DS260 TODAY, you might just make it in time - but it is already doubtful. If you think you can delay it another few days or couple of weeks - then forget it. You need to act NOW.
Thank you for responding. Yes I already filed DS260,but as you said it is still doubtful.I always check on time but I am shocked I did not for this one.

When he (?) said he submitted the form I presume the DS260 has been submitted.
Talhicham, I'd suggest following up in a couple of weeks - and again - with KCC to ensure it is being processed and that they schedule an interview. Where will you be interviewing?

Incidentally when you called them did you mention that you were DV2016? If not call them back again and emphasize the urgency of your application. I know someone in a similar position to you who did this recently and got processed in less than a month (this is fast for KCC). Good luck!

Hi,I just got off the phone with KCC,and they said that they cannot grantee processing my application on time and I should contact them by mid-July to check my status and see if my application is processed.
It's basically the same thing they said on their respond to my email.

((((Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2016 program will begin October 1, 2015, and process through September 30, 2016.

All DV 2016 cases must be completely processed by September 30, 2016)
))))))
I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes up anymore since she also said that they will process it if 2016 visas are still available which I doubt since it's almost the end of the 2016 fiscal year.

Hi,I just got off the phone with KCC,and they said that they cannot grantee processing my application on time and I should contact them by mid-July to check my status and see if my application is processed.
It's basically the same thing they said on their respond to my email.

((((Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2016 program will begin October 1, 2015, and process through September 30, 2016.

All DV 2016 cases must be completely processed by September 30, 2016)
))))))
I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes up anymore since she also said that they will process it if 2016 visas are still available which I doubt since it's almost the end of the 2016 fiscal year.

There are visas available for everyone - that's why all regions are already current for August. The more worrying thing is that they said they cannot guarantee processing on time. Definitely contact them again. I'd probably call in 2 weeks rather than waiting till mid July. Good luck, again.

There are visas available for everyone - that's why all regions are already current for August. The more worrying thing is that they said they cannot guarantee processing on time. Definitely contact them again. I'd probably call in 2 weeks rather than waiting till mid July. Good luck, again.
Thank you SusieQQQ.
But I do not understand what did y mean by " all regions are already current for August"?
Thank you again

Visa availability isn't a problem in DV-2016. They have more than enough.

If there are enough Visas for everyone, and all regions are current for August. Does it mean a lot of people went to interview and got denied a Visa for DV2016?

If there are enough Visas for everyone, and all regions are current for August. Does it mean a lot of people went to interview and got denied a Visa for DV2016?

Some got denied, but the real "source" of the spare visas is the number of people that decide not to take up their win. That happens every year, and this year is no exception. In addition the EU region was well underselected, and those spare visas were made available to AF and AS regions.

Obviously you are late to the party. Yes, it certainly still can be done timing wise, yet you will need to get a good understanding of the DV process per se.

JUST CHECKED THE STATUS OF MY DS260 ONLINE AND IT SAYS "AT NVC"
IS THIS A GOOD SIGN?BAD?OR NEUTRAL?
THANK YOU