I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center June 2013

@kacy2013 no I did not. I just received e-mail and text yesterday that my card is in production .

Update.....On October 23, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Hi guys,

I got my approval notice via mail. They didn't send any text/email on the case updates. So whoever expecting approval notices just keep an eye on mailbox.

Once you get approval notice then they are sending email for card production.

Hope this info helps everyone. Good luck !

Immig4us

@temmi....did you get any text/email notifications before you received your letter?

@immig4us.thanks for the update and congrats. I wondered about that. So the letter comes in the mail without notifications. Then they notify about the card production. I will keep my eye on the mailbox!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember getting an email/ text update when I got my conditional card back in 2011. Is it normal that i751 don't show text/ email updates before the actual letter? I would love to know if someone got theirs already.

Got the notifications on Friday and the letter on Saturday.

Your online account p/w expires every 90 days so you won't receive notifications if that isn't working.

Got the approval letter today :) yayyyyyyyy
I hope everyone gets the good news soon.
Day Date Status
Day 0 7/11/2013 Shipped packet via UPS to Vermont Service Center
Day 1 7/16/2013 Delivered
Day 3 7/18/2013 Check encashed by field office for $590.00
Day 5 7/20/2013 Received letter extending GC by 1 year
Day 11 7/26/2013 Bio appointment letter received. Appointment for 8/19/2013
Day 35 8/29/2013 Bio appointment completed
Day 57 9/10/2013 Case transferred to California Service Center
Day 105 10/28/2013 Approval letter received by mail

Thank you for the information mantikos. I read on some other posts that applicants are receiving mail before getting text or email notifications. So it's either their password expired due to the 90 days of inactivity or the tracker is not working properly. On the April Filers message board a lady reported that her info was up to date with the tracker but She got the letter first. So somehow the tracker is getting stuck!

06-25-13 - I-751 Package sent to VSC
06-26-13 - Package received and signed at VSC
06-27-13 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC
07-01-13 - I -751 Receipt Notice received in the mail
07-10-13 - Biometric appointment notice received
08-01-13 - Biometric walk in successfully
08-22-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to CSC
09-05-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to local USCIS and then back to VSC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information mantikos. I read on some other posts that applicants are receiving mail before getting text or email notifications. So it's either their password expired due to the 90 days of inactivity or the tracker is not working properly. On the April Filers message board a lady reported that her info was up to date with the tracker but She got the letter first. So somehow the tracker is getting stuck!

09-05-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to local USCIS and then back to VSC

My online tracker only changed to card production AFTER I had already received the notification and letter in hand, so the online tracker changes with a delay of a couple of days I believe.

I got the approval letter yesterday (Oct 28) with an approval date of Oct 23. The online tracker however still shows as initial review. So I think it takes a while. I would say that you should get your letter very soon. Possibly in next 10 days (fingers crossed)

Hi D!

We pretty much got the same timelines and all, I hate all this waiting :( I got a friend here in SC who got her 10-yr GC after 7 months. Although I know I'm not needing it for specific things as of the moment, it just would be nice to not worry about it anymore.

(I live in Atlanta, GA)

Day Date Status
Day 0 7/11/2013 Shipped packet via UPS to Vermont Service Center
Day 1 7/16/2013 Delivered
Day 3 7/18/2013 Check encashed by field office for $590.00
Day 5 7/20/2013 Received letter extending GC by 1 year
Day 11 7/26/2013 Bio appointment letter received. Appointment for 8/19/2013
Day 35 8/29/2013 Bio appointment completed
Day 57 9/10/2013 Case transferred to California Service Center
Day 105 10/28/2013 Approval letter received by mail
Day 107 10/30/2013 Card production ordered.

Finally the status changed from initial review to card production ordered. The next status will be card mailed. I guess it should arrive in next 10 days or so. So I expect the 10 year green card to arrive by November 10.

I notice that the time taken for conditional green card from application to receiving the card was 100 days. For removing conditions (I 751) however, it was approved on 100th day in my case. I got to know about it only on 105th day when the letter actually arrived and mentioned the approval date. So overall I think this process is taking 120 days or so. That is pretty fast. Much faster than I expected. I thought it would take several months and was not expecting much till April-July 2014. Nice to see the new GC in November 2013 itself. I am traveling abroad for 3 weeks in December. Feels really good to travel and return with the 10 year GC rather than the 2 year one and a letter.

I also just received a Text and Email Notice for Card Production today!
Oh I'm so relieved I didn't have to go to an interview unlike what the officer told me at the ASC.

Congratulations MardzC24 and chaichai!

We were just talking about this yesterday!!!! The wait if over for you!

So you didn't get a letter, only the text notification?

So you didn't get a letter, only the text notification?

Thanks!

I just received the letter today for the Card Production. It looked like their online tracking system and text/email notice are back on track by sending me a notice sooner than the mail got here.

I just noticed that everybody received their notices almost all at the same time this past few days, yours might just be approved anytime soon!

Congrats to all who got their gc renewed. This is good news for all. Seems like CSC knows how to work it more than VSC. Our app is still stuck at VSC...

Congrats to all who got their gc renewed. This is good news for all. Seems like CSC knows how to work it more than VSC. Our app is still stuck at VSC...

Very true rok8man. Seems like CSC gets things done quick while Vermont is really slow. Even though you have a 1 year extension it is much better to get done with this i 751 process and have the actual green card at hand.

Well hopefully now that a lot of VSC cases have been transferred we can hope that they get to your case faster or transfer yours to CSC.

I was expecting to get I 751 approved 7-11 months after applying at VSC. It though got transferred in 2 months and got approved at CSC in 1.5 months. Ended up getting it approved in less than 3.5 months of applying.