I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center June 2013

rok8man

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I am getting ready to file for my wife's GC conditions. So I decided to start the thread for those filing in June. My wife's gc expires in September so we have to send in the packet by the end of the month. Please feel free to join in on the conversation as we move forward in the next step of the journey and good luck to all as well.

To help others I also saw this quote from another forum member who is going through the same process:

Here is what I sent in my package. Not an extensive and finite list but you will get the idea. Some people suggest putting in photographs of places you have visited. I did not do that because I think these evidences should suffice. If not, I will wait for the RFE ;)

Please go over the I-751 several times. Fill in N/A or None in all fields where appropriate. Do not leave any fields blank. And don't forget to have both your signatures on the form. Something which is easily missed.

Cover sheet
I-751 and copy of the GC
Check for $590
Tax returns for 2010 and 2011
Copy of the lease and renewal for our apartment
Joint back accounts’ summary from Chase Bank.
Affidavit from 2 friends
Copy of the lease for a commercial property
Copy of Health insurance cards
Copy of the tickets of a vacation we took in 2011
Joint car registration from the DMV
Car insurance summary for the past 2 years with both our names as insured

Went to the UPS store to ship out the packet but Vermont has a PO box address. So couldnt ship it out UPS. Went to the Post Office instead and did the priority mail shipping. Will be there on Thursday the latest. I got the tracking as well. So now starts the fun stuff.

Checked package and its due to be delivered on June 27th. Looks like I am the only one doing this for June :(

You're are not alone!

Checked package and its due to be delivered on June 27th. Looks like I am the only one doing this for June :(

I just sent my I-751 form last tuesday. I sent it around noon time and they received it the next day around 3pm.
It was signed by Agent. Fitzgerald. I have not received any mail from USCIS confirming that they got it and the $590 cashiers check attached with the form has not been cashed yet. I'm more than positive it's going to take at least a couple of weeks for them to review it and send an NOA. My last 3 cases with USCIS went pretty smooth.
I've also heard that most people refer to this case as a pregnancy case because it takes from 6 to 9 months to get approved. I'll keep you posted and good luck.

D

Updates 7/1/13

I just sent my I-751 form last tuesday. I sent it around noon time and they received it the next day around 3pm.
It was signed by Agent. Fitzgerald. I have not received any mail from USCIS confirming that they got it and the $590 cashiers check attached with the form has not been cashed yet. I'm more than positive it's going to take at least a couple of weeks for them to review it and send an NOA. My last 3 cases with USCIS went pretty smooth.
I've also heard that most people refer to this case as a pregnancy case because it takes from 6 to 9 months to get approved. I'll keep you posted and good luck.

D

So today I received the the first NOA stating that the residence has been extended for another year. It also stated that I will receive an appointment for biometrics at the local ASC.
That's definitely good news but it makes me think that having such a quick response it's going to make it take forever or hopefully the complete opposite. I've read that after the first NOA normally you could expect to get an update from 4 to 6 months but I really hope it's sooner than that. I'll keep you guys updated.

Timeline I-751

06-25-13 - I-751 Package sent to VSC
06-26-13 - Package received and signed at VSC
06-27-13 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC
07-01-13 - I -751 Receipt Notice received in the mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome

I'm so happy you actually got the package accepted. Sometimes they can be a pain in the >>> when receiving the package. I knew they can only take USPS and they always reject ups only because it has to be USPS only. Please keep me updated on any changes they make on your case. I haven't received the appointment for biometrics but I know that's the next step. Good Luck and take it easy. After the biometrics it's a long wait!!!!!
Cheers,

D

Timeline I-751

Hi I am later than I wanted to be with sending in my documents but I think I have them together and will mail out tomorrow morning. How did you'll send out the documents? Meaning did you tab them or simply place all the documents behind a cover letter without tabs? I plan to put it in a manila envelope and then place it in a USPS envelope. Thoights?

Hi I am later than I wanted to be with sending in my documents but I think I have them together and will mail out tomorrow morning. How did you'll send out the documents? Meaning did you tab them or simply place all the documents behind a cover letter without tabs? I plan to put it in a manila envelope and then place it in a USPS envelope. Thoughts?

Documents and Package

Hi I am later than I wanted to be with sending in my documents but I think I have them together and will mail out tomorrow morning. How did you'll send out the documents? Meaning did you tab them or simply place all the documents behind a cover letter without tabs? I plan to put it in a manila envelope and then place it in a USPS envelope. Thoights?

What I normally do is to put the files in the order they want to see them.

1.) Money Order, put the money order or cashiers check in the front so they know you mean business. :cool:
Make sure the check is payable to --US Department of Homeland Security--. DO NOT PUT USCIS OR DHS, make sure you spell the whole thing.

2.) Copy of the Green Card front and back, I normally make sure it's an enlarged image and it's very clear. Even
though they have you on file they want a good copy.

3.)Form i-751, make sure that your handwriting is legible and that the application is signed and dated. Make sure you also have another page attached to the form stating all your addresses since you became a resident. In my case there was 3 addresses. Also make sure the application looks clean and try to make the least amount of mistakes. A nice and clean form is what they want to receive.

4.) Proof of bona-fide marriage. I don't know if you're filing joint or not but in either case it's good to send a lot of things. Example:
- Bank account/s
- Financial Statements
- Car/home/renters insurance/life insurance/vehicle registration/titles/deeds and other certificates of ownership.
- Anything joint as far as the mentioned documents or anything else you can think of.
- Tax returns if available. Some people file separate because of person circumstances.
- Wedding pictures, honey moon pictures, engagement party pictures and anything related to the relationship.
- Birth certificates

And a few more things that you can think of. Remember more is always better with USCIS, that avoids the chance of any RFEs or anything like it.

The list that I attached is mostly what I sent, if you feel there could be more or if you want to send more that's even better.

Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Sincerely,

D

Timeline I-751

Awesome! I wouldn't tab them then. If you got a response as quickly as you did and just placed them in order I will do just that! Thanks for sharing!!!!! They will be sent out tomorrow morning and I will update!!

One last question for the day :)
Is this the correct address for Vermont? I got this address from USCIS but I read about sending it to a PO Box

Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden
St. Alban's, VT 05479-0001

One last question for the day :)
Is this the correct address for Vermont? I got this address from USCIS but I read about sending it to a PO Box

Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden
St. Alban's, VT 05479-0001

The address I am showing on the I-751 information page is:
USCIS Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
P.O. Box 200
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

By the way, I have visited the city of St. Albans before. It is not a big city.

Based on research on USPS.com it appears that the ZIP Code 05749 is a "unique" ZIP Code for the Service Center. The rest of the city uses a different ZIP Code.

Hi guys,
I'm ready to send out my package. I know I need to go to USPS but should I just ask for overnight shipping?

Hi guys,
I'm ready to send out my package. I know I need to go to USPS but should I just ask for overnight shipping?

It really doesn't matter how you send it. If you are shipping on a Friday, just use regular priority mail with signature confirmation. It would reach on Monday which is what would happen if you ship overnight on a Friday.

Also Priority mail almost always reaches to its destination in 2 days. If you have plenty of time, I'd just use this service since it's a lot more economical.

Induz..thanks for responding. I actually sent it out this morning Express mail and it should be there by 3PM tomorrow they said. I don't have much time and wanted it to be in by tomorrow so hopefully I will hear something next week. Will keep you'll posted.