I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center June 2013

Hello. It's really nice to see people getting approved. I filed my ROC application on June 8th and recently got a request for evidence. They want to see a copy of our driving licenses as proof of address because we just moved. The problem is - DMV won't issue a DL because they are waiting for DHS to verify my legal presence. I've been calling back and forth between the two offices for several weeks now, to no avail :( they are blaming each other and there is no progress on my case at this time.

Hello. It's really nice to see people getting approved. I filed my ROC application on June 8th and recently got a request for evidence. They want to see a copy of our driving licenses as proof of address because we just moved. The problem is - DMV won't issue a DL because they are waiting for DHS to verify my legal presence. I've been calling back and forth between the two offices for several weeks now, to no avail :( they are blaming each other and there is no progress on my case at this time.

We also moved to a new house ever since I received my old 2-yr Conditional GC. All I really could provide as proof of address were the House Title/ Contract, Utility Bills under either me or husband's name(never had one w/ both our name on it) , joint tax returns, letters from family addressed to me or us, and especially our hospital bills from me having our first baby.

I got worried we might not have enough proof of strong ties in a relationship since none of our docs were under both our names including not having joint bank account, but they were satisfied with all of the above proof of address, they did not ask for anymore.

Scour through all your stuff, you might end up finding something else for proof of address aside from Driver's License ( i got no license either)

We also moved to a new house ever since I received my old 2-yr Conditional GC. All I really could provide as proof of address were the House Title/ Contract, Utility Bills under either me or husband's name(never had one w/ both our name on it) , joint tax returns, letters from family addressed to me or us, and especially our hospital bills from me having our first baby.

I got worried we might not have enough proof of strong ties in a relationship since none of our docs were under both our names including not having joint bank account, but they were satisfied with all of the above proof of address, they did not ask for anymore.

Scour through all your stuff, you might end up finding something else for proof of address aside from Driver's License ( i got no license either)

You neednt have worried... You had the best proof of being married... hospital bill for having your baby. That in my mind would be far more than enough to suffice for proof of your marriage :)

You neednt have worried... You had the best proof of being married... hospital bill for having your baby. That in my mind would be far more than enough to suffice for proof of your marriage :)

Yes! LOL now I realize I was just too paranoid about it.

I received my Card today, thank God!

Hopefully you guys will receive yours soon!

Day Date Status
Day 0 7/11/2013 Shipped packet via UPS to Vermont Service Center
Day 1 7/16/2013 Delivered
Day 3 7/18/2013 Check encashed by field office for $590.00
Day 5 7/20/2013 Received letter extending GC by 1 year
Day 11 7/26/2013 Bio appointment letter received. Appointment for 8/19/2013
Day 35 8/29/2013 Bio appointment completed
Day 57 9/10/2013 Case transferred to California Service Center
Day 105 10/28/2013 Approval letter received by mail
Day 107 10/30/2013 Card production ordered.
Day 113 11/5/2013 Card mailed from Corbin, KY
Day 115 11/7/2013 10 year green card received. Expires in 2023
:)

Any other updates guys? I called today regarding my case it's about to be 6 months and they told me that I should expect an answer around Thanksgiving. I didn't, call them today and they said it should be around the 6 months marker. Everything looks ok and it should be by the end of this month.

I got a letter from USCIS last night. It was my birthday so it felt like an approval… Unfortunately it wasn't it was a RFE on blue paper.
They need more evidence on my case. I think they are just asking for it just to ask for it. I have sent them a 6 lb envelope with everything you can think of. I'm just going to resend it all and try to come up with a few more things if possible. I can't make up evidence so it is what it is

06-25-13 - I-751 Package sent to VSC
06-26-13 - Package received and signed at VSC
06-27-13 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC
07-01-13 - I -751 Receipt Notice received in the mail
07-10-13 - Biometric appointment notice received
08-01-13 - Biometric walk in successfully
08-22-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to CSC
09-05-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to local USCIS and then back to VSC
12-12-13 - RFE More evidence requested

@ D....just to give you hope. I was going to share this any way so others on this forum would have more insight. I also received a RFE letter. I was not surprised when I received it because I had little evidence as a result of my husband's drug addiction and me protecting my family financially. I didn't post anything here before because sometimes people write ridiculous comments and automatically assume the worst.
I responded to the RFE and was simply honest about the reason for lack of evidence. I addressed everything they asked for in the RFE either by including it or by explaining why I didn't have and providing something to back it up.
I don't think they ask for it just to ask for it. The evidence is either missing or is insufficient.
They received the RFE response package on 12/9 and today I got email and text messages that my card is in production.
This means be honest and if you lack evidence simply give an explanation as to why you do not have it. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much Kacy2013,

It was odd that they asked for more stuff since I sent them a 6 lb envelope. It costed me like $40 to send it. I was able to find more stuff and I'm going to do the same thing. Send it and also send an explanation to why it's not as much as they would want.

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your approval.:D

So my 10 year green card was mailed out. I changed my address over a month ago and verified it was in the USCIS system, however, my card was mailed to the old address. DO you think they will forward my card as they would other mail?

Kacy2013,

Awesome news! Congratulations! I still haven't sent my RFE package. Working on it it's probably going to go out around next week.

I am confident you will be fine. Keep me posted. I am now trying to figure out how I am going to approach citizenship considering my situation and the lack of evidence for a bonafide marriage. I am wondering since I was very honest as to why we didn't have sufficient evidence and was approved anyway if they will look at the file and understand likewise for citizenship. This mystery never ends, does it?

Well we hit a snag on our i751 process. We received an RFE for more evidence. Apparently the ones we sent was not enough. Got the stuff sent out yesterday to Vermont. So now the wait begins again. Congrats to those who got theirs approved. This journey has been more hectic than the first process.

I got a letter from USCIS last night. It was my birthday so it felt like an approval… Unfortunately it wasn't it was a RFE on blue paper.
They need more evidence on my case. I think they are just asking for it just to ask for it. I have sent them a 6 lb envelope with everything you can think of. I'm just going to resend it all and try to come up with a few more things if possible. I can't make up evidence so it is what it is

Well youre not the only one. It happened to me as well and I sent out a big thick package as well to VSC. So fingers crossed for the both of us and good luck on your journey.

I am confident you will be fine. Keep me posted. I am now trying to figure out how I am going to approach citizenship considering my situation and the lack of evidence for a bonafide marriage. I am wondering since I was very honest as to why we didn't have sufficient evidence and was approved anyway if they will look at the file and understand likewise for citizenship. This mystery never ends, does it?

We (my wife and I) submitted her I-751 about 2 years ago now. It took nine months to hear back from Vermont. I-751 was approved with no questions. However, I think we only included the very basic in terms of evidence for the I-751, but we submitted a ton of evidence with the I-485. I should state that we got married in October 2009, filed in December 2009, but we have been dating since 2003 and living together since 2006. So since we have already lived together for over three years before we got married, we had enough time to create a family unit to have the ton of evidence for the I-485.

Well, when my wife went for her citizenship interview the Interview Letter stated to bring the marriage certificate if the application is based on the 3-year rule. We did and my wife stated that the officer didn't ask to see anything except for her GC. Turns out my wife's entire immigration file was sitting on the officer's desk. Everything that we submitted with the I-485 and with the I-751 were sitting in the file. Since we sent in a copy of the marriage certificate with the original I-485 and the officer that interviewed us for her GC three years earlier noted "seen original." (Not to say that you shouldn't bring your marriage certificate with you to the citizenship interview).

I wouldn't worry about the bonafide marriage situation for your citizenship. USCIS already reviewed your marriage twice (I-485 and I-751) so if they had any issues or doubts then they would of addressed them by now. I went to Baltimore with my wife for her citizenship interview and just ended up sitting in the waiting room, because the officer only needed her. My wife stated that the officer was more concern about the citizenship requirements, the two test and her N-400, then our marriage. My wife walked out of the interview ten minutes later with an approval notice and was told her oath letter would come in the mail.

I'm getting ready to send my RFE response to VSC. I sent a very very very heavy package. I think it costed me close to $20 to mail and I'm about to send something heavier. Most of the information required by them is hard to produce when you just don't have it. Pictures, bank statements from several banks and credit unions, car insurance sometimes are not enough for them. I'm basically going to resend everything and also a note explaining to them why is it that I don't have some of the things that they are waiting for. I hope everything works out well. Best of luck for all the people from this forum still waiting for approvals and congratulations to the ones that got them approved.

Sincerely,

D

I'm getting ready to send my RFE response to VSC. I sent a very very very heavy package. I think it costed me close to $20 to mail and I'm about to send something heavier. Most of the information required by them is hard to produce when you just don't have it. Pictures, bank statements from several banks and credit unions, car insurance sometimes are not enough for them. I'm basically going to resend everything and also a note explaining to them why is it that I don't have some of the things that they are waiting for. I hope everything works out well. Best of luck for all the people from this forum still waiting for approvals and congratulations to the ones that got them approved.

I went through the same thing. I had to wait a month for the lease agreements at one of the apt complex we both lived at. Since we moved out of there the apt complex has been bought by other companies and we had to bug them every week to get the lease agreements and finally a month later got the paperwork. Hopefully what we have sent is also good enough as I dont have any other proof our marriage other than that.

Good luck to you as well.