I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center June 2013

Make sure you go in around lunch time 11:00 to 2:00. Most people think they are going to be busy but they are not. Morning time and closing time are going to be very busy! Good luck!

Got the biometrics done on 8/13. Our appt was set for 9am but we got there at 8:15am. Not many people there. We got done within 20 mins in and out. Now onto the next step.....

Hello all,

I am getting ready to file for my wife's GC conditions. So I decided to start the thread for those filing in June. My wife's gc expires in September so we have to send in the packet by the end of the month. Please feel free to join in on the conversation as we move forward in the next step of the journey and good luck to all as well.

Same boat as you and what a late start for us but we are sending in the 751 on monday but should have done this begining of July. I guess its better late than never and still before the 2yr expires.

We will keep you updated, cheers.

Same boat as you and what a late start for us but we are sending in the 751 on monday but should have done this begining of July. I guess its better late than never and still before the 2yr expires.

We will keep you updated, cheers.

Good luck Tony keep us informed of your progress.

I am worried for my application. We filed 4 looong months after my Green Card expired. They told me to wait for interview in about 2-3 months from the biometrics date. They said to not worry because everybody will go through interviews. Were you told the same thing?

Update: Biometrics completed today which was my rescheduled day. Waiting to see what happens from here.

I received and email notification saying that the application has been transferred from Vermont to California Service center.
That's pretty odd considering that I'm in Florida. Shortly after that I decided to call USCIS and inquire about my case. They received my package back in June. See timeline below. The agent on the phone had to transfer me to a supervisor or immigration officer because I was asking too many questions. They said that my case was transferred to a local office and that now they have jurisdiction over my case. This is a normal process when applications are being reviewed for interviews, which I doubt that may be the case because I filed after a divorce. Two days later I got an text message and email stating that my case has been transferred back to VSC. Why is my paperwork being bounced around 3500 to another service center and then a local office.
I understand that sometimes they release application to other service centers to improve the average processing times whey one service center is too busy.

Have you guys had this issue before? Or is someone in here experimenting the same type of case status updates?

06-25-13 - I-751 Package sent to VSC
06-26-13 - Package received and signed at VSC
06-27-13 - Conditional Resident Status Extended Notice Sent from VSC
07-01-13 - I -751 Receipt Notice received in the mail
07-10-13 - Biometric appointment notice received
08-01-13 - Biometric walk in successfully
08-22-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to CSC
09-05-13 - Email/ Text Case update. Case transferred to local USCIS and then back to VSC

If you look on USCIS' website they are transferring case loads to other jurisdictions because of the work load. This may be the case.

I also just received my actual paper Notice of Action : Transfer Notice that my case was transferred from Vermont to California.
My friend also had the same thing so I guess there should be nothing to feel worried about :)

These service centers are known to do load sharing frequently. Most of us who applied at CSC received our GCs already. Folks who applied at Vermont are still waiting. So I think it's good for your application to be moved to CA :)

I received transfer email & text notification but it doesn't say CSC, it says local office. I called USCIS and it says it was transferred to St. Albans Vermont. I understand I should receive a letter in the mail within a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Transfer Notice said this

On September 6, 2013, we transferred your CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

-------

It was clarified in the actual NOA which office it was transferred.

MardzC24.. I've read several posts on other forums where many other people experienced the same thing as me. My notice did not say CSC and when I called I learned it was St. ALbans, Vermont. Apparently some cases are going to St Albans and some are going to CSC.

MardzC24.. I've read several posts on other forums where many other people experienced the same thing as me. My notice did not say CSC and when I called I learned it was St. ALbans, Vermont. Apparently some cases are going to St Albans and some are going to CSC.

Oh great, so you apply to VSC and from there it can go to either VSC or CSC...and since our notices don't say CSC it means they were retained at VSC which is the slower of the 2 #facepalm but can't do much...luck of the draw