FBI name Check Pending

EricNeesGC said:
The LUD changed after FP but thats pretty much it. It still says "we have recieved your FP results and processing has resumed......"

Your status should change to the above within 3 days after FP. If not, contact USCIS.

Thats what it says as my status - recieved your FP and stuff...I just dont see any movement after that.

EricNeesGC said:
Sorry for the bad news the the wait in anywhere between 72 hours to infinite. It mainly depends on where the benificiary was born.

Its still so strange that no matter what country you belong to that a name check can take so long. I mean even if someone belongs to a country that the US has issues with, why should it be so difficult to sift an innocent person from a criminal suspect? What extra insight does a 12 or 24 months wait give? The only case I can think is if they CANT make a determination but dont want to risk it one way or the other...so they just wait....:(....One other possibility is that they dont have resources who can look deeper into cases with a hit and so everyone gets queued up.

jac2005 said:
One other possibility is that they dont have resources who can look deeper into cases with a hit and so everyone gets queued up.

A hit is an exact match of the first and last name and similar DOB. Well, I was born in Pakistan but I have an english name so I kind of disagree with the hit theory. Its just a particlar country (or countries) they are targetting.

EricNeesGC said:
A hit is an exact match of the first and last name and similar DOB. Well, I was born in Pakistan but I have an english name so I kind of disagree with the hit theory. Its just a particlar country (or countries) they are targetting.

Might be true....but do find other people from your country victims of the same waiting game? That might be interesting to know...if yes, then the country of birth might be the problem. And I was loose when I said "hit" ... what I was saying was that, if they find any vague reason to seek deeper, then there could be a resource unavailability which could slow things down. But nevertheless, its a pain for honest applicants...

jac2005 said:
Might be true....but do find other people from your country victims of the same waiting game? That might be interesting to know...if yes, then the country of birth might be the problem. And I was loose when I said "hit" ... what I was saying was that, if they find any vague reason to seek deeper, then there could be a resource unavailability which could slow things down. But nevertheless, its a pain for honest applicants...
Well…I am yet to run into a Pakistani who is between the age of 16 and 50 and got an FBI clearance in the past 6 months. If there is any such person out there, please let us all know.

I called the fbi to find out abt my 2nd fp and they informed me that my fp were processed and sent out the same day to INS last week.Now I have to follow up again with the congressman and senator so they can help me expediate the process. I certianly dont want to be called for my 3rd fingerprints and so on...thats the recent update

I called the FBI today and they said that they are currently replying to email queries from beginning of January. So now they are running 5 - 6 months behind instead of 4. In early May, they were processing December. That tells you how FAST they are working on the name check issue. Please note that this is just name check query. This does not necessarrily means that they are working on name checks that were submitted in January. I have seen people clearing the procedure whos name check was submitted in March and April 2005. Ironically, they are clearing (atleast some) name checks before the inquiry comes in.

Wierd...very wierd...rather ironic. I guess I have to take some TUMS to digest this.

EricNeesGC said:
I called the FBI today and they said that they are currently replying to email queries from beginning of January. So now they are running 5 - 6 months behind instead of 4. In early May, they were processing December. That tells you how FAST they are working on the name check issue. Please note that this is just name check query. This does not necessarrily means that they are working on name checks that were submitted in January. I have seen people clearing the procedure whos name check was submitted in March and April 2005. Ironically, they are clearing (atleast some) name checks before the inquiry comes in.

Wierd...very wierd...rather ironic. I guess I have to take some TUMS to digest this.

Eric, When can I inquire with the FBI on the status of the name check ? My lawyer made it sound like its just something we cant do anything about but wait. My wife and I went for our fingerprinting and photos in Sep 2004. I have since completed the process and even got my physical GC but she had to respond to a medical RFE for her I-485 in March after which we were told in June by CSC that her application is pending name check!!

Last edited by a moderator:
EricNeesGC said:
I have seen people clearing the procedure whos name check was submitted in March and April 2005. Ironically, they are clearing (atleast some) name checks before the inquiry comes in.

I noted this in another thread - it looks like the lucky people who had to send their applications to the Chicago lockbox are getting clearances and GCs in no time. Many of us from the era before this are stuck in name checks and the like.

romit said:
After being frustrated :mad: , got up this morning, wrote the letters and mailed (all certified) them to the following to follow up on my case for name check:

1. David Hardy at FBI
2. William Hooton at FBI
3. Senator Barbara Boxer
4. Senator Diane Feinstein
5. Congressman Michael Honda

Will let you know if anything happens.

Did anybody ever receive a reply from Senator Boxer's or Senator Feinstein's office after sending an inquiry letter? I haven't received a reply yet.

Approved..........................

blues_traveler said:
Timeline:

May 27, '04: Filed marriage-based application at San Jose (CA) CIS office
June 10, '04: Receipt date
July 12, '04: Fingerprinting at Application Support Office (ASO)
July 17, '04: Recieved EAD card at San Jose office
Jan 13, '05: Interview; I-485 approval pending due to FBI name check
April 12, '05: Faxed FOIPA request to FBI
April 26, '05: Recieved "no records" response to FOIPA in mail
May 1, '05: E-filed EAD
May 6, '05: Photo/signature/fingerprint at ASO for E-filed EAD
May 6, '05: Conditional GC status approved by San Jose CIS (letter in mail)

My name is not a common name. I am pleasantly surprised by the turn of events, as I was expecting atleast a year or two for the FBI name check delay to be rectified.

Best of luck to everyone ! And thanks for the support and information.

blues ..

Something is interesting. My interview was on January 13th too.

I did the same, e-filed my 2nd EAD and my 485 is approved. Today I received the approval letter from San Jose office.

May be USCIS is looking to earn this extra $175 from us. Now I don't care about this $175 any more.

Good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
romit said:
Something is interesting. My interview was on January 13th too.

I did the same, e-filed my 2nd EAD and my 485 is approved. Today I received the approval letter from San Jose office.

May be USCIS is looking to earn this extra $175 from us. Now I don't care about this $175 any more.

Good luck to you all.

Romit - So you have finally got your GC approved then?...

EricNeesGC said:

Hi! I'm new here.. same problem about name check clearing...
I call yesterday to ask and the lady told me they are processing January.. but it is not the date the fingerprints were taken... this is the date they are reviewing the e-mails we sent to ask for the fingerprints.. I sent mine in February 27th... I hope by next mont I can get any response... They take fingerprints of my mom since July-2004 it will be one year next month ...

I'll try to contact my congressman... :mad:

Below is the email I received from FBI today. No wonder why it was stuck. But they actually cleared it same day next time. I don't know who is telling the truth though. But this gives us advise about what to do and that means, continue to bug USCIS more through whatever means.

-------------------------------------------------
I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August 10, 2004. This submission contained an error and was not accepted by our automated system. However, our records also show another submission received on May 26, 2005, and it was completed on that same day. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

romit said:
Below is the email I received from FBI today. No wonder why it was stuck. But they actually cleared it same day next time. I don't know who is telling the truth though. But this gives us advise about what to do and that means, continue to bug USCIS more through whatever means.

-------------------------------------------------
I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August 10, 2004. This submission contained an error and was not accepted by our automated system. However, our records also show another submission received on May 26, 2005, and it was completed on that same day. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division
Congratulations Romit...I assume your green card is not very far away now.

Eric

Congratulations Romit! Finally we got some good news! Hope you will bring us good luck too!

I have a question about E-filing. I e-submitted my application for EAD and Advance Parole renewal but haven't heard anything back from them except for a receipt confirmation. I assume I'm supposed to wait for their notice of scheduled appointments for finger prints and stuff. But I noticed blues_traveler had his done like in one week...so am I doing the right thing? It's been one month already and I haven't received any letter for the appointment...getting nervous...

sunny78 said:
Congratulations Romit! Finally we got some good news! Hope you will bring us good luck too!

I have a question about E-filing. I e-submitted my application for EAD and Advance Parole renewal but haven't heard anything back from them except for a receipt confirmation. I assume I'm supposed to wait for their notice of scheduled appointments for finger prints and stuff. But I noticed blues_traveler had his done like in one week...so am I doing the right thing? It's been one month already and I haven't received any letter for the appointment...getting nervous...

You are not doing the right thing. If you e-file EAD, you are supposed to call 800 number, request for appointment of finger print and do the finger printing. USCIS will not send any notice. At least in my case, they did not send anything.

For advance parole, I don't know. Anybody else, any clues?

Thanks a lot Romit for your reply!

I went back to read the instructions online and found out you were actually right. However, my e-file confirmation receipt actually specifically told me that" you will receive a notice confirming your scheduled appointment with the ...Center as determined and scheduled by the USCIS. Do NOT self-schedule your appointment through the USCIS ..Service Center". I guess it's just a system error then...Can't believe they would make such a mistake and I have been waiting for so long for nothing...I'm really glad I asked you this question now.

Thanks again!