FBI name Check Pending

Hi everyone,

I am kinda confused with my situation. I don't know if I am under name check. So I pased my GC interview last Tuesday, and I got a letter from USCIS yesterday. They sent me a temporary card which they said I could use as a temporary evidence for having permanent residency and in the letter it says the green card will come in the next six months? Does it really take so long? or am I under name check? We forgot to ask the office in the interview if I am done with the name and backgroud check, and the office only told us that I would send you a temporary card and green card will come in mail. Does anyone happen to know this situation?

Thanks,

Emma

kelan168 said:
Hi everyone,

I am kinda confused with my situation. I don't know if I am under name check. So I pased my GC interview last Tuesday, and I got a letter from USCIS yesterday. They sent me a temporary card which they said I could use as a temporary evidence for having permanent residency and in the letter it says the green card will come in the next six months? Does it really take so long? or am I under name check? We forgot to ask the office in the interview if I am done with the name and backgroud check, and the office only told us that I would send you a temporary card and green card will come in mail. Does anyone happen to know this situation?

If you've received a temporary green card, then I would imagine that means that you are approved (which implies that your name check has been completed) and shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Those of us who are still waiting for the name check to be completed do not have a temporary card and are still "pending"...

28 months and going for an all-time record...

:confused:

Thanks, Steveva2001. Thank you for your information. It seems a good news. Yeah, name check sucks. From reading this thread, I was scared. I wish you all good luck.

THanks again,

Emma

I recd a letter from the congressmans office (this was a response to my 2 letters to his office) informing me that my fingerprints had expired and hence I was scheduled for the 2nd fingerprints last week. I just hope that after this theres no medical and interview for the 2nd time. 20 months and still waiting..I think its a good idea to start writing to the senator and congressman immediately after your interview if you are not approved at the interview even if you are never given a reason why your file is pending like in my case.

Immigration rang!!

Hi,
I just thought I would post something postive for a change. On wednesday morning, an officer from immigration rang to say that she had sent me a notice for additional evidence and to renew fingerprints, that she had recieved the finger prints but wondered how she had recieved them so quickly :confused: (I had on a previous info pass gotten an appointment to renew finger prints because they had expired and they were already on their way to her when she sent the letter ;) ) and, whether I'd forgotten some how to mail Irs transcript which was also requested on the RFE; After I got over the initial shock of hearing immigration on the line I quickly gathered my wits about me and was able to ask some questions:

why are you asking for additional evidence two years after my interview and all documents were approved? :confused: I have already submitted tax returns and had a joint sponsor who also submitted these documents, she did not see them in the file after asking me to hold she looked again and found them, :eek: then she did not see affivdavit for joint sponsor after I assured her I had submitted that as well she looked and found it, :rolleyes: then it was proof of residence or citizenship for joint sponsor was missing and again after looking she found it, :eek: but even after finding all those things that were missing she still insisted that I needed the Irs computer print out for filed returns for three most recent tax years and then she will adjudicate my case, :( The good thing was that I got the Irs to fax me the computer print out, she said i could hand deliver them, told me to address it to her and deliver it to the 8th floor at 26 Federal Plaza, which I did on friday June 17th. :D
I am almost afraid to think positive because I thought this was over two years ago, I was supposed to be waiting only for background check results. :)

Even though it's not over I just want to say to those of you that are waiting like me, visit them, write them, and then visit and write some more do anything to bring attention to your file because I waited and waited and didn't do anything much, it was only after a friend got married,filed went to his country of birth for interview no fbi check crap, came back on passport stamp and found his welcome letter and greencard waiting in the mail, all in less than two years, I got mad and started hounding them every two weeks so do everything you can even if it means jumping up and down to light a fire under their asses. :mad:

romit said:
After being frustrated :mad: , got up this morning, wrote the letters and mailed (all certified) them to the following to follow up on my case for name check:

1. David Hardy at FBI
2. William Hooton at FBI
3. Senator Barbara Boxer
4. Senator Diane Feinstein
5. Congressman Michael Honda

Will let you know if anything happens.

Just wanted to give you an update on this.
Received a letter from Number 5, the congressman and provided a form to fill in. That was at least quick response. I am sending it back today and let's see what's next in the basket.

also, I sent a 6th letter to FBI yesterday:
6. Michael Cannon at FBI

romit said:
Just wanted to give you an update on this.
Received a letter from Number 5, the congressman and provided a form to fill in. That was at least quick response. I am sending it back today and let's see what's next in the basket.

also, I sent a 6th letter to FBI yesterday:
6. Michael Cannon at FBI
Romit,

The form you received was probably asking for authorization for release of information to your congressman. Please let me know if you hear anything on it. I had filled out a similar form for my congressman's office about a month ago. Average reply time (according to the congressman's office) is about 10 days. When I inquired yesterday about an update on my inquiry, I was told that they have not replied to my inquiry yet. Although, other inquires have been answered. Now go figure :(

EricNeesGC said:
Romit,

Average reply time (according to the congressman's office) is about 10 days.

This is probably similar to the mythical 45 days by which the USCIS is supposed to reply to the Ombudsmans office (and myself) after an inquiry.

That deadline, of course, passed 80 days ago...

:(

OK. I got a reply from the congressman's office. It was same as what I received from the USCIS office. The congressman said that they cannot interfere with the FBI name check neither can they speed it up. Also, his office was strictly advised by the USCIS not to submit any more inquiry under my name for the next 6 months. The saga continues…well atleast they prayed for me to get my green card within next 6 months and volunteered to follow-up if I don’t receive anything till then.

EricNeesGC said:
Also, his office was strictly advised by the USCIS not to submit any more inquiry under my name for the next 6 months.

Hmm. USCIS seems to setting a clear policy as far as 'interference' from Congressional offices are concerned.

Back a couple of years ago, I had cause to have my local Congressman's office push the DC district office to get me a renewal EAD in a hurry... The day I went there, I was kept waiting until the very last moment and then told in no uncertain terms by the person in charge (a little old Japanese lady who came over all very officious and quite unpleasant) that I should not have gotten a Congressman involved... I wanted to tell her that it wouldn't have been necessary if she and her collegues pulled out their collective fingers and gotten my case approved, but I held my toungue, whereupon she gave me a 6-month EAD.

It seems that USCIS staff really hate it when you go to their home turf and more or less prove what a crap job they are doing...

Following this, I made two futher enquiries during late 2003 and early 2004 about my case, and got nowhere, so I stopped trying.

I've heard many people say that, in citizenship cases, they have more success using this tactic, but then there are votes at stake...

Namecheck question?

I have posted this somewhere else as well but did not get any answers. it is more rlated to Name Check so posting it here.
The question is :If there is no update on your status (online) either in I-130 or I-485 after FP has been done....does that mean you have fallen into the Name Check abbyss OR if there are any status change does that mean you are cleared of Name Check?
Experts please advice.
thank you

Zoom zoom, it mean nothing as far as the background /name check goes.
I had multiple LUDs before My case was finally transfered to local office. When they called me for interview I assumed that my background check was cleared.
But als it wasnt. LUD changes are from the uscis side. Receipt of Finger print results , any file movemnet etec etc

Al_aos said:
Zoom zoom, it mean nothing as far as the background /name check goes.
I had multiple LUDs before My case was finally transfered to local office. When they called me for interview I assumed that my background check was cleared.
But alas it wasnt. LUD changes are from the uscis side. Receipt of Finger print results , any file movemnet etec etc

But did you get the message of "FP received...process resumed" when you checked the online status...OR did you just get LUD without any message changes.

FBI FP and FBI name checkes are 2 separate processes. FP takes less than 24 hours. Name check takes infinite time.

EricNeesGC said:
FBI FP and FBI name checkes are 2 separate processes. FP takes less than 24 hours. Name check takes infinite time.

Eric,

Has your LUD changed on the I-485 after fingerprinting? My FP was on 11/02/2005 (Nov/02). That was my last LUD as well. No interview notice todate. Are you in a similar boat?

jac2005 said:
Eric,

Has your LUD changed on the I-485 after fingerprinting? My FP was on 11/02/2005 (Nov/02). That was my last LUD as well. No interview notice todate. Are you in a similar boat?
There was a lud after FP BUT no message changes online.

mojavetoo,

How is going on? I got I-824 approved on June 22. I sent email to ask embassy in guangzhou what document we need for follow to join case. See what happens.

how long for name check ?

Its been almost a year since my wife filed her 485 (I am the primary applicant). In March she had to respond to a medical RFE and when my lawyer inquired on her case status with CIS we were told that her application was pending name check - How long can i expect this process to take.

jac2005 said:
Eric,

The LUD changed after FP but thats pretty much it. It still says "we have recieved your FP results and processing has resumed......"

Your status should change to the above within 3 days after FP. If not, contact USCIS.

eb2dec said:
Its been almost a year since my wife filed her 485 (I am the primary applicant). In March she had to respond to a medical RFE and when my lawyer inquired on her case status with CIS we were told that her application was pending name check - How long can i expect this process to take.
Sorry for the bad news the the wait in anywhere between 72 hours to infinite. It mainly depends on where the benificiary was born.