FBI name Check Pending

re:

romit.
u mentioned that u wrote letters to 5 different people for name check. do u think that helped in clearing ur GC.

also does going to the local INS office help... i mean can they do anything
TIA

Passport Stamped

Applied I-485 Packet (Family based) on Feb - 7 - 2005
Received EAD on June 9 - 2005.
To day (8/5/05) we have an interview at Seattle DO, she didn't ask any thing she checked our family members passport, after that asked general questions from application and stamped my passport.
Every thing took max 10 min.

I140helppls said:
romit.
u mentioned that u wrote letters to 5 different people for name check. do u think that helped in clearing ur GC.

also does going to the local INS office help... i mean can they do anything
TIA

I believe enquiring at Local INS helped in my case.

re:

romit.
thanks for ur response. when i went to local ins office in tampa they said they have no info abt GC and i shopuld call Customer service #. also if i go thru infopass, no appointment is available.
btw can u please post ur I485 RD.

I visited the ny federal plaza and after a long wait of 4 hours before my turn heres the new story. my file has been sent to the vermont service centre which is very unusual. The officer at the counter said it was not a normal procedure as my interview and all other formalities have been completed at the NY office. Now they need to make an inquiry and then get back to me. My case has been a clear straight foward case which has just been prolonged for no reason given till today. has anyone heard of anything similar? i have only heard of cases from service centres transfered to the the local offices.

Waiting for name check since march 2004

I married a USC, applied to the San Jose office on Dec 15th, 2003. Had the fingerprinting, EAD, interview by March 2004. Since then its been stuck on name check. I renewed my EAD and requested for AP which was approved in May 2005.

I have gone to the office once every 2-3 months. I still hear the same response - name check pending. Any ideas???

Hi

Hi guys,

I apologize for posting question when someone who created this thread in order to get an answer for them.

I moved to California in May on Fiance visa. I applied for Adjustment of Status (I-485) and EAD(I-765) in middle of July.
I tried to expertise to get EAD as soon as possible with my lawyer but they did not issue EAD on same day that they were used to do.

But for some reason, i got the Notice of Action (I-797) for I-485 interview on the first week of September even though it is only one and half month since i submitted I-485.

I was excited to be able to have an interview so much faster that i thought and could get stamped for greencard on the interview day because my lawyer told me it takes about 3 months to get Greencard in California now.

But problem is, I will have Fingerprint and Biometrics 2 days before of the interview. According to some website, it may take more than 60 days to procedure FBI clearance, so I believe there is no way for me to be stamped on the same day. I wonder they may waive my FBI clearance due to my visa i came to USA with. ( I submitted climinal record from my home country for fiance visa).

My question is, do you think there is any possibility for me to be stamped on the same day of the interview even though my situation is kind of weird????
Or they would get my passport stamped even thougth they do not have FBI clearance yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the same name check issue "IP error".
Anyway, I tried to contact the FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton but she is no longer in charge of the name check program.
Is anybody knows who is in charge now?
I tried to email the FBI, faxes... I even contacted the congressma office. But they have no contact with the FBI. They can help you with the USCIS as they have their special Unit but not with the FBI

What to do after name check clearance

Hi there,

I got a reply from my congressman saying the FBI completed the name check and the results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

I wonder if you guys out there experience the same thing like me. Should I get any formal approval letter from USCIS Headquarter? Will they submit the result to USCIS local office? Normally how long will it take? Anyone knows? Thanks !!!

Background Check/2nd FP Notice..?

Hi Gurus - Here is my Background info.

a)Applied AOS - I-485 , I-130 on 10/31/03 (Marriage -USC)

b)Interview - 08-June-04 - Could not stamp my passport because background Check was pending

c)Applied and recieved EAD by Oct-04 (Efile)

d)Infopass Appt 01-FEB-05 to check on I-1485 status -
They said my case is waiting on Additonal Security Check

e)Applied AP and Recieved by Jun-04 (Efile)

f) Applied for EAD renewal Jul-04(Efile)

g) Called NSC 800 number to check on case Status 04-AUG-05

h) Got a reply from USCIS on 18-AUG-05 that my case is waiting on FBI fingerprinting ( as they have expired) with an Appointment to go to the Biometric processing centre ,There was no mention of pending Background Check or something

My Question is can I assume my Background Check is complete ? or they need to re-process my fingerprint to move on to my background check again ..I would really appreciate if someone can shed some light on this

Thanks in Anticipation

GCwaitLA

My wife and I moved out of the state where we had our AOS interview, the approval of which is pending the results of the FBI name check.

I was told that my file does not need to be transferred because I have completed the AOS interview, and the approval is pending FBI background check.

Last week I got a letter from USCIS that my case has been moved to the USCIS office in the state I have moved to. Will I have to go through the interview again?

Confused...

green card finally arrived

finally the wait is over..... I recd a letter from the vermont service center informing me that i was approved for the green card.Recd the card in the mail 3 days later. I think writing to the congressman and senator did help though it took 6 months to even get a response from them.Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the advice and all the best to all of you.

bb_5555 said:
this is when you get the congressman involved

call your local congressman
I tried calling my Congressman but since it has to do with FBI and national security, he declined to offer any help and asked me to wait till I hear back from them.

I also called my senator but got similar reply. I was told that there are about 200,000 people waiting for FBI name check in Detroit area alone and there are people waiting since Jan 2003.

I had my interview done on Aug 3, 2005 and my name check has been requested since June 2004. Officer did not issue my GC because he did not receive Name check report from FBI.

Not sure what else I can do to expedite this process. If anybody can help me it will be great.

I am on H-1B and I have a EAD through my I-485 (based on marriage - wife US citizen). I need to change my job and am wondering if there is any procedure involved if I want to use my EAD.

I will appreciate if anybody in a similar situation can let me know how I should go about it.

stuck_for_gc said:
I am on H-1B and I have a EAD through my I-485 (based on marriage - wife US citizen). I need to change my job and am wondering if there is any procedure involved if I want to use my EAD.

I will appreciate if anybody in a similar situation can let me know how I should go about it.

You can accept a new job offer and start working by showing your EAD and SS cards. You do not need any approval or file any papers. Three months before your EAD is about to expire, apply for a renewal or else you may be working illegally.

I am in the same boat as you are. I resigned from the job where I was working on H1-B and accepted a new offer and just showed them my EAD and SSN.

Eric

PRUSA said:
SlowJedi, did you get a copy of your FBI file via FOIPA request?
Nope, it's been six months, during which I also sent two faxes with the same results. Fron now on I will send one e-mail a day to the Name Checkers, just for the sake of it. I don't really think it'll get any results, I'll just do it. I've been here for 15 years, I know my file is clean, I'm just tired of this "system".

SlowJedi said:
I, for one, believe strongly that this whole process is done like this on purpose, with the goal to wear your patience thin and then force you out of the country. There are NO incentives whatsaever for the INS or FBI or DHS to improve the process. NONE! I mean look at it from the Average Joe Mcdonald point of view: "You want us to pay taxes so you can get your GC or Citizenship faster? You dang foreigners..." This is what you hear from these idiots who never even paid taxes, spend half of their adult lives on Section 8, welfare, student loans, and Medicare,
Unfortunately you are the one who is immigrating. That is the right to be a citizen, that you can do whatever you want to and if you want to be in welfare you have that right too. And that is in all countries.

and shop at Goodwill stores or fleemarkets,
Since when you must judge other people choice of buy for cheapy stuff. There are people of all classes in fleemarkets.

whereas every third foreigner makes $55K a year after being in this country for only 3 years. I just watched "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks again the other day. What a wonderful movie. Americans didn't even notice the movie, they prefer to watch Star Wars, American Wedding, and Scary Movie 3 while munching on the 3rd Big Mac and three lbs of french fries before going to the next meeting of Weight Watchers. What a dumb culture!!!
Again, you are the typical immigrant who wants to critize other's culture in a way that sounds like shouldn't exist hello? and want to live in here. So then for what you immigrate if you don't like the culture in here? Amazing. So that means that a person who choose Star Wars is less for you? you are the typical person that WHY people get more and more angry with immigrants like you. IF you don't like it so go back to your country and let the others do whatever they want to. I am not going to your country and say that everything is wrong. And yes I prefer all Star Wars movies more than The Terminal. Even the Terminal, Saving Private Ryan are very good movies I can't compare it with Star Wars because are two different types of movies, BUT you just show how close mind you are. Dare to critize others people choice of movies!! shame on you!.

I don't believe for a second that this process will get any better EVER! From everything that's going on here in this country, there are all the signs that it will get only worse. Be prepared for more delays under justifications of tighter security requirements, lack of personnel or computer equipment, etc. I'm absolutely positive that the INS and FBI guys are actually reading this forum and laugh their asses off, they probably even have their internal competitions on how to screw these pesky foreigners as much as they can. We put so much emotions into this process evidenced by this forum, but it's all completely emotionless for them! They don't give a damn!!! and never will!!!
Well with those comments you are not making any better.

All immigration services in all countries in all times where always created as a protective service for the citizens AGAINST newcomers!
You just sait it, it happen in ALL countries. Did you know that if you marry in the UK that doesn't mean that you can stay and adjust your status even you marry a UK citizen withint the country? Bad huh? ohh see! there are LAWS and RULES that we don't like in every single part of the world. Probably won't take so long as here but apparently the entire population of 10 countries are moving to the US. Just look the statistics. It has been a 200% increment in the immigration since the last 2 years, doesn't mean that the law, budget and infraestructure has changed.
Some things you will understand if you travel more and KNOW more cultures.

It's even worse here, in the country that was started by the immigrants who now don't want anybody else to come here! Do you ever notice that the most vicisous people at the immigration offices are the ones that hardly speak any English and you can tell that they came over here only about a couple of years ago??? Those are the ideal type that the immigration offices hire.
Well, they can say "see we are giving opportunities to the new immigrants" :rolleyes: You can be all the frustrated you want, but using and critizing with harsh words the culture that you are getting in you are not making any easy for you and nobody else. We need a positive output not negative behavior and very wrongfull doing of you. Yes is bad, I don't say the contrary. It can be improve and all that is true and nobody say that is not. But is necessary to understand what is in your limits and USCIS is federal and is a long long way to change it. It is frustrating, unfair and all that. Unfortunately the people that are making things in the legal way are the one who are suffering the most. We are in the middle of everything. Few budget, no immigration process that really use a technology capable to reduce time and make everything more efficent and unfortunately people who at the same time are making fraud, using fake documents and abusing the system.

The only way to get anything done is to file a Mandamus law suit, I don't see it any other way. I'm sick and tired of kissing their asses and begging for answers, I'm disgusted to even talk to these stupid Senators and Congressmonkeys, who are nothing more but a bunch of morons elected by morons. I'm used to paying for results, I'd rather spend $10,000 on results then 37 cents on a letter to Hardy that I know he'll use as a coaster for his coffee mug. I wish George Orwell were alive and tried to immigrate to this country, he would write an even better book than "1984".
Well, you just call everybody in your State a moron...as I said that hatefull negativity the only thing that will cause you is a heart attack. Slow down and breath. If you see that what you are paying is not getting any result, why you continue to pay?
But see, you are free to say whatever you want to say and nobody will cut you a tongue or hand for that :p COLOR]

Screw it!!!

Go to sleep and breath. You will have a heart attack or get too much pimples in your face ;)

And no, I am not an American citizen. And yes my husband is an American citizen. And yes I am agree that is frustrating, I have been many times tired to wait even I just beginning the process, but I realized that if I want to live here with my husband and have a happy life and should understand many things and learn. After I critized how difficult is even to get something done with the goverment of my country and others friends around the world I realize that in every single country everybody eats potatoes, if you understand what I meant. Yes all goverment sucks, apparently they just hired the worst of the worst, but that is not true, because I know many people in the goverment and I know how capable they are. But because many of us are stuck in the system I am not going to use insult and call people names and all that.

Have a nice day :)