FBI name Check Pending

Just called the service center to make an appointment, but there is already nothing available in San Jose. All I got is San Francisco on August 23rd... can't believe e-filing is taking much much longer than I expected...Suggest anybody who may need to renew your EAD do it as soon as possible.

Does anybody know if I can still work even my EAD expired? When I interviewed, the officer said there shouldn't be a problem with that paper stating my application is pending for name check but I'm not sure if that's true. And now I have no choice but to wait for even the fringer print appointment... :mad: :mad: :mad:

sunny78 said:
Just called the service center to make an appointment, but there is already nothing available in San Jose. All I got is San Francisco on August 23rd... can't believe e-filing is taking much much longer than I expected...Suggest anybody who may need to renew your EAD do it as soon as possible.

Does anybody know if I can still work even my EAD expired? When I interviewed, the officer said there shouldn't be a problem with that paper stating my application is pending for name check but I'm not sure if that's true. And now I have no choice but to wait for even the fringer print appointment... :mad: :mad: :mad:

All together I had to go 5 times for finger printing in San Jose and every time I got an appointment very next day. Alos I never saw it was that crowded. May be it was just me. Try calling again and you might get a different person and might help you.

Romit Congrats on your green card approval
Meanwhile my wait continues. Its been a mth since my 2nd fp and even though FBI processed it and sent it immediately to the INS seems like i have to wait for another 6 mths before any other activity in my file. I spoke to the congressmans office and they said they couldnt interfere anymore since its been only a mth since my 2nd Fingerprints.Thats the latest update.

mine approved too, after e-filing for AP

romit said:
Below is the email I received from FBI today. No wonder why it was stuck. But they actually cleared it same day next time. I don't know who is telling the truth though. But this gives us advise about what to do and that means, continue to bug USCIS more through whatever means.

-------------------------------------------------
I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August 10, 2004. This submission contained an error and was not accepted by our automated system. However, our records also show another submission received on May 26, 2005, and it was completed on that same day. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

I got my Conditional GC approved few days ago. I was also waiting for the FBI name check thing for long. I checked with FBI, then with USCIS, then talked to congressman, then again with uscis and they said they were going to send my name check to FBI 2nd time. The I waited .....

Recently I filed for AP electronically and after couple of days, I got the green card approval notice in mail.

My guess is that, if you e-file EAD or AP, then it goes to some higher office of uscis and then they followup with local/disctrict office about the pending case. At this point, local office checks to see that your name check already completed and they approve your case.

Timeline for me:
filed I-485: 06/2004
interviewd: 12/2004 (then I was asked to wait for FBI name check clearence)
checked with uscis: 01/2005
checked with gongressman: 01/2005 (they contacted uscis and told me that my case is pending on name check. suggested to wait 6 months b4 inquiring again).
checked with uscis: 02/2005 (they said there was an error in my name check, they are doing to send a 2nd request to FBI)
checked with uscis (though 800 number): 06/2005 (I was told the same thing, case is pending and wait)
e-filed AP: 07/2005
recieved CGC in mail: 07/2005

I hope this helps those who are in the same situtation as I was.
Good luck everyone.

Maruf

Wow, we are getting more and more good news here. This is a good sign.

Just wanna share my experiences of getting an interim EAD less than 90 days after filing. I e-filed my EAD beginning of June and recently tried to call the 800 number for finger print appointment and they told me they were all booked for the next two months which really freaked me out as my EAD expires beginning of August. I read many posts and tried my luck at the local office by presenting a letter from my employer saying something like they will terminate my employment if I don't have my EAD and after much pleading & begging (mostly at the screening window since the lady didn't even wanna give me a number) and anxious waiting, they did give me an intermin one valid for one year, only they I have to pay them again. That's already not important as long as I can get a permit. I can provide more details if someone in the same situation is interested.

The officer also checked my name check status and said the similar thing that the submission in Sept 04 was found to have error with my birth place and they recently resubmitted in May 12, 2005 and it's still pending. My timeline is similar to you guys:
I-485 June 04
Interview Feb 05

Hopefully I'll hear the good news soon.

sunny78 said:
Wow, we are getting more and more good news here. This is a good sign.

Just wanna share my experiences of getting an interim EAD less than 90 days after filing. I e-filed my EAD beginning of June and recently tried to call the 800 number for finger print appointment and they told me they were all booked for the next two months which really freaked me out as my EAD expires beginning of August. I read many posts and tried my luck at the local office by presenting a letter from my employer saying something like they will terminate my employment if I don't have my EAD and after much pleading & begging (mostly at the screening window since the lady didn't even wanna give me a number) and anxious waiting, they did give me an intermin one valid for one year, only they I have to pay them again. That's already not important as long as I can get a permit. I can provide more details if someone in the same situation is interested.

The officer also checked my name check status and said the similar thing that the submission in Sept 04 was found to have error with my birth place and they recently resubmitted in May 12, 2005 and it's still pending. My timeline is similar to you guys:
I-485 June 04
Interview Feb 05

Hopefully I'll hear the good news soon.
Did the officer tell you how the error was detected? FBI informed them or they realized it themselves? or maybe they inquired when you applied for EAD...

I don't think applying for EAD triggers the error detection, since I didn't apply until June 8th but the error was detected in May. No, the officer didn't say who found the error but I guess the FBI returned the error message back to them only recently and they followed up. No idea why it took so long for the error to be turned around, though.

Hi there,

I am a US Citizen sponsoring my wife a green card. Do you know if name clearance is still applied to her case? Because she took the interview with San Jose local INS office last Jan 2005. Haven't heard anything since then, since the officer told us that he can't approve it before name clearance passed. Anyone has similar case like mine?

Thanks.
Bdar

Romit,
I just wanted to congratulate you and to say thanks for all you postings filled with great advise and encouragement I haven't posted very often on this forum but I have logged on and read all of your post almost daily, you and every one else's, this has been a great thread, my I- 485 has finally been approved, and even though I look forward to moving on with my life, I can't help but look back on the waste and destruction immigration leaves in your path, so I will continue to join you and others on this forum waiting and watching to see when and if I can make a positive contribution when and if ever an opportunity presents itself.

Thanks to all of you and tons of good fortune!

bdar said:
Hi there,

I am a US Citizen sponsoring my wife a green card. Do you know if name clearance is still applied to her case? Because she took the interview with San Jose local INS office last Jan 2005. Haven't heard anything since then, since the officer told us that he can't approve it before name clearance passed. Anyone has similar case like mine?

Thanks.
Bdar

I believe all of us/most of us are the same case here. You'll just have to wait or go to the local office to inquire about the status.

Thelca Congrats on your approval.Its good to know that the INS in Ny is moving with cases pending since 2003. Did you contact the congressman or senator to help you? Also were you asked to get your fingerprints or medical done the 2nd time? Please share your details.

Thecla said:
Romit,
I just wanted to congratulate you and to say thanks for all you postings filled with great advise and encouragement I haven't posted very often on this forum but I have logged on and read all of your post almost daily, you and every one else's, this has been a great thread, my I- 485 has finally been approved, and even though I look forward to moving on with my life, I can't help but look back on the waste and destruction immigration leaves in your path, so I will continue to join you and others on this forum waiting and watching to see when and if I can make a positive contribution when and if ever an opportunity presents itself.

Thanks to all of you and tons of good fortune!

Thecla, Thank you and Congratulations for the approval. This forum is great. Just like I have received many advise from this, I tried to give as much as I could.

Just wanted to let all of you know that I received the card last saturday. it is for 10 years!!!

SHORT VERSION

I was interviewed in june of 2003, was told that my name check results were still pending, didn't hear anything from them even though I called and wrote, but at the begining of this year I started making info appointments every two weeks and then applied for an AP and EAD renewal in march ( which I just received on the 15th ) they sent me a RFE in june, for tax papers and the officer also called on the phone as well (something I can't get over) she said that she would ajudicate when she received the evidence and true enough less than three weeks later, an approval.

I think you guys are right, about them waiting for the fees for the renewal EADS and APS

Any suggestion...?

Hi Thecla!

I applied I-485 November 2002 and interviewed March 2004. Till today it’s pending for the same reason, name check. Recently after so many inquiries they send me a letter to do FP again. It would be my 3rd time. Any suggestion…?

Shafique

OK...I received the results for FOIPA today. Here is what the letter says...

This is in response to your Freedom of Information-Privaacy Acts (FOIPA) request noted above.

A search of the automated indices of our central records system files at FBI headquarters located no records responsive to your FOIPA request.

Although no records responsive to your FOIPA request were location in our automated indices, we are require to inform you that you are entitled to file an administrative appeal if you so desire. Appeals should be directed in writing to the Co-Director, Office of Information and Privacy, U. S. Department of Justice, Suite 570, Flag Building, Washington, D. C. 20530, within 60 das from the date of this letter. The envelope and the letter should be clearly marked “Information Appeal.” Please cite the FOIPA request number assigned to your request number assigned to your request so that it may easily be identified.

The letter is signed by David M. Hardy, Section Chief, Records/Information Dissemination Section, Records Management Division.

So guys and gals...what do you think my next step should be ?

Thanks

Eric

Thelca when were your 2nd fp done and how long was the gap till you recd your green card approval? Thanks for your reply in advance

Sorry I haven't logged on in a few days, I did my second fingerprint on may 19th and I actually received my greencard in the mail yesterday.

I wish I knew which one thing I did that triggered this action or if it was a combination of several things, but I did everything I could think of, I visited them bi- weekly for about two months using info pass, I renewed my EAD and applied for AP as well. The only thing I didn't do was write my congressman because I didn't think it would do any good unless I was applying for citizenship. Call USCIS, write them, visit them...... often!

The last time I visited them was Thusday July 21st because I had no intention of waiting indefinately for card in the mail. Card was ordered on friday July 15th recieved on the friday 22rd. They used the photo submitted with my I-130 back in 1996.

On August 11th I will be off to visit my home which I haven't seen in 13yrs, as I said before, you folks on this forum have been great especially this thread, I want thank you all again for putting your experiences out there, you are providing so much support and inspiration to many, I want to say that even though at times we have all been frustrated, you all have kept up the "no question is a stupid question" rule very well, and for that I am truly grateful, THANK YOU!!