FBI name Check Pending

romit

Registered Users (C)
FBI name Check Pending or FBI Clearance

I would like to start a new thred on this issue. I am finding many of us having this issue at the interview and thus not getting stamped on the passport after a successful interview.

I had my interview at San Jose on January 13th. The officer showed me a paper that 40-60% of the cases are not approved because of this issue. If you are one of these, please share your experiences afterwards.

I have not heard anything since then. What can we do to expedite this process?

Thank you in advance to all of you who are willing to help.

Romit

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree !

Romit :

I agree with getting the congress man involved. I mentioned that to you in your other thread. It wont hurt afterall you are a US citizen with voting right and it is their obligation to let you know as to what the status of your case is or would be....Good luck

Akshat

I dont know about your case guys, but I applied in April 02 and had my interview in September 03. I have contacted FBI last month and my senator a week ago but no news yet about my case. :( . Idont know what to do. I have been waiting for a name check for almost 19 months.

Thanks amishah, I have already faxed FBI and requested FOIPA. I am waiting to see what they are going to say and make actions.

aminm said:
Thanks amishah, I have already faxed FBI and requested FOIPA. I am waiting to see what they are going to say and make actions.

Would you please explain how exactly you requested FOIPA?

Thank you
Romit

romit said:
Would you please explain how exactly you requested FOIPA?

Thank you
Romit

If you follow the link that amishah sent to me,you will be able to find out what to do exactly.

bb_5555 said:
this is when you get the congressman involved

call your local congressman

I would like to hear from those who had gone through this process of calling congressman, etc. Please share your experiences. How do you determine who is your congressman. how do you call his/her office and what do you tell, etc.?

Thank you.

romit said:
I would like to hear from those who had gone through this process of calling congressman, etc. Please share your experiences. How do you determine who is your congressman. how do you call his/her office and what do you tell, etc.?

Thank you.[/QUOTE
romit, I have a vague memory of reading long ago in the forum on how to contact congressman. Go to www.house.gov, enter zip code, and there you find contact information. Requests should be send to an Immigration service worker. Sorry, if it doesnt help. Thanks for your reply earlier.

steveva2001 said:
I've been waiting 2 years for my security check, so on the advice of someone, I wrote a letter to the Immigration Ombudsman in Washington DC.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0497.xml

I got a letter back today (2 weeks after writing). It was a form letter, but stated that this Ombudsmans office would initiate a formal inquiry to the USCIS on my behalf and that I should hear something within 45 days...
Steveeva2001 What status have you had all that time, since you hadn't had a green card. Goodness with my interview coming, this the second thing I start bothering

steveva2001 said:
I've been waiting 2 years for my security check, so on the advice of someone, I wrote a letter to the Immigration Ombudsman in Washington DC.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0497.xml

I got a letter back today (2 weeks after writing). It was a form letter, but stated that this Ombudsmans office would initiate a formal inquiry to the USCIS on my behalf and that I should hear something within 45 days...

Hi steva2001. thank you for the link!

NBC_June04 said:
Steveeva2001 What status have you had all that time, since you hadn't had a green card. Goodness with my interview coming, this the second thing I start bothering

Well I had my interview in February 2003, and was told at the time that the security check was pending. Since then, on all the EAD renewals I've done, I've just put (c)(9) which is I485-pending, and thats usually how I quote my status... I got a renewal EAD yesterday in the mail, so presumably I'm still 'in status' so to speak.

Good luck with your interview. I hope you don't have to be subjected to the wait that I have been. Personally, I think my file is laying with a bunch of others in the Washington DC district office in some dank, dark corner, growing mould.

steveva2001 said:
Well I had my interview in February 2003, and was told at the time that the security check was pending. Since then, on all the EAD renewals I've done, I've just put (c)(9) which is I485-pending, and thats usually how I quote my status... I got a renewal EAD yesterday in the mail, so presumably I'm still 'in status' so to speak.

Good luck with your interview. I hope you don't have to be subjected to the wait that I have been. Personally, I think my file is laying with a bunch of others in the Washington DC district office in some dank, dark corner, growing mould.
Most likely. Until somebody decide to blow the dust. It's true that there's loads of files. But Behind all those numbers there are alive people with 1000s of broken nerves. It's sad.

we would also like to know if anybody ever got cleared from this FBI name check pending mess and finally received approval letter from USCIS. Please share your experiences if you do or anybody you know had the same situation.

Please please please.

Thank you.

I contacted the Congressman & they refused to make a inquiry with FBI. Their inquiry to the USCIS was replied as Background check pending.
The infinite delays may be attributed to the fact that for GCs there's a CIA check too about which there's almost no info in these forums.

my 2 cents.......

It is a shame. I think we should somehow envolve the media in the situation. They might do something about it then. Tell me what you think guys. They are many people waiting for FBI name check and they can hear our voice if we do something together.

Last edited by a moderator: