FBI name Check Pending

Name Check

How do I find out that USCIS has asked for my Name check ? Do they do name checks for everyone ? if yes then how do some get approvals of I-485 within 3 months and some in a month or so ? ANY IDEAS ?

Thanks,
JMJ

EricNeesGC said:
I wrote to FBI on April 21st and still waiting for them to reply. I applied through DORA (Dallas Pilot Program) which claims to process family based I-485 within 90 days. However, for people for Middle Eastern countries, the wait is....well still waiting. I know someone from India got hers approved within 65 days. So, atleast the Dallas (non-middle eastern) applications are being approved in a timely manner.

If you don't mind, along with timeline, lets add the country of birth also. This way, we would konw which countries are being targetted in particular. I am from Pakistan.

Thanks

I am from India.

romit

hey guys, I think we should all write to senators that are liberal and would open the issue some how. I am pretty sure writing to some senators such as those from Texas(conservative) or simillar states would not work because they dislike us anyways. . We should do something together,we are humans and should not be tritten this way. Lets put our minds together.

Hello,

I am a new here, but read a lot on this web.

My I-130/I485 has been pending for 20 months because of FBI name chcking.
I'd like to share my experience with you and get some advice from you.

Here is my date:
10/2003: Submitted I-130/I-485
10/2003: Fingerprinting
1/2004: Interview (It was fine and I was told only wating for FBI name checking)
3/30/2005, sent a FOIPA to FBI with basic personal info. which was advised in this web.
4/27/2005, got a return letter from FBI to ask more personal information.
5/10/2005, faxed a letter back to FBI with more detail personal info.
5/17/2005, received a letter from FBI in which I was told "a number has been signed to my FOIPA request".

I wonder if any one had the samilar situation and what is your suggestions for what I should do next?

Thanks.

Oct2003 said:
Hello,

I am a new here, but read a lot on this web.

My I-130/I485 has been pending for 20 months because of FBI name chcking.
I'd like to share my experience with you and get some advice from you.

Here is my date:
10/2003: Submitted I-130/I-485
10/2003: Fingerprinting
1/2004: Interview (It was fine and I was told only wating for FBI name checking)
3/30/2005, sent a FOIPA to FBI with basic personal info. which was advised in this web.
4/27/2005, got a return letter from FBI to ask more personal information.
5/10/2005, faxed a letter back to FBI with more detail personal info.
5/17/2005, received a letter from FBI in which I was told "a number has been signed to my FOIPA request".

I wonder if any one had the samilar situation and what is your suggestions for what I should do next?

Thanks.

I also requested a FOIPA but I did not get what you are describing here. I simply got a reply from FBI which says "No Records found". I guess that is something good according to some postings here. However, I might be wrong.

anyways, please also check this link. it has some good info.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177154

Hope this helps.

I got the same letter which says"no record found" but how can we use this for our case? why has it been pending for this long? Whom should I talk to?

I don't think I had any "Bad" record unless my name is very popular or because I moved before I submitted my application. Who knows.

I have recd a letter fromthe local INS office with a scehduled date and time this week for my 2nd fingerprints in order that FBI can do the check.I had my 1st fingerprints done in August 03 and recently when I called the FBI line I was infpormed that there were no records and it was sent back to the Ins the very next day. I dont understand why they would want my 2nd fingerprints now when my records were clear. Is anyone in this thread aware of something similar and does it also mean that my medical will be reqd again? I also recd a letter from the senetors office and this new activity in my case has been thanks to the senators inquiry. I just hope it doesnt lead to another long wait.
receipt dt: dec 01
1st fingerprinting: Aug 03
interview: dec 03
2nd fingerprints: june 05

what's that 800 number to inquire?

nagavijay said:
Called the 800 Number

I'm in a similar situation, my interview went well except this "name check" monster. Could you give me the 800 number you called to inquire about your case?

thanks
maruf

asg98 said:
recently when I called the FBI line I was infpormed that there were no records and it was sent back to the Ins the very next day.

asg98,

Can you please tell us which number you called? The person at the number that is published usually tells you to email or fax the request and a reply may take up to 4 months. If you know someone who confirms it right away over the phone, I am sure we all will appreciate the contact info.

Thanks

I had called on these 2 nos which people on this thread were kind enough to share 304-6255-5590 and the 2nd was 202-324-3000. One nos gave me details about my fingerprint records and the 2nd one was connected to an answering machine with the same message that I would have to send out an email for my name check. No reply to the email as yet. Hope that helps.

asg98 said:
I had called on these 2 nos which people on this thread were kind enough to share 304-6255-5590 and the 2nd was 202-324-3000. One nos gave me details about my fingerprint records and the 2nd one was connected to an answering machine with the same message that I would have to send out an email for my name check. No reply to the email as yet. Hope that helps.

OK, I called the 302 number today and was told that my fingerprinting was completed the same day it was received. However, the name check may still be pending which is dealth by the FBI headquarter office in Washington DC. I was given the 202 number to call and check my status which ofcourse asks me to send an email. So begins the wait cycle...

Hey guys.Finally my waite is over and I got my approval letter today. It has been a long long waite and I cant even believe it is over. I wish every body luck here and hope you get the good news very soon.
Recipt dt 04/15/02
Interview 09/04/03
approved 06/14/05 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
aminm said:
Hey guys.Finally my waite is over and I got my approval letter today. It has been a long long waite and I cant even believe it is over. I wish every body luck here and hope you get the good news very soon.
Recipt dt 04/15/02
Interview 09/04/03
aminm, what is your country of birth if you don't mind? I just can't believe it may take this long. I was born in Pakistan and if you were born there too...does mean I will have to wait a couple years before I am approved.

Thanks

aminm said:
Recipt dt 04/15/02
Interview 09/04/03

Have you done anything special lately before you got approved?

Thank you.

aminm,
Congrats on your green card. Did you have to get your fingerprints done again since you have had a long wait after your interview and first fingerprints? Where did you have your interview?Please share your details.

Hi everybody,
I am an Iranian. I did 2 fingerprinting, first on 01/03 and second one was on 01/05. I emailed FBI twice 6 months ago and also contacted a Texas senator. I dont know if these helped me or not because I have not heard from anyone exept my approval letter so it might have been just the normal processing . what it sux is that I applied for my 4th work permit 2 weeks ago and I lost $175 on that but doesnt really matter now. I wish all of you here the best of luck!

Mass mailing

After being frustrated :mad: , got up this morning, wrote the letters and mailed (all certified) them to the following to follow up on my case for name check:

1. David Hardy at FBI
2. William Hooton at FBI
3. Senator Barbara Boxer
4. Senator Diane Feinstein
5. Congressman Michael Honda

Will let you know if anything happens.

you could have sent them faxes as well they acknowledge the receipts , i have sent faxes to congressperson in my area Anna Eshoo, and they have promised to follow up to get more details but they also mentioned that they cannot expedite the case if its stuck in FBI shit but they will let me know when it was received by FBI and if they need any more information.

involving the senators in our cause is extremely important because more cases they get , higher it is on their agenda to get it resloved at earliest

Last edited by a moderator: