• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hey OC'ers!
I have a CN number of oc6xx & filled out the d260 very early on (within the first 1-2 weeks of may)..

I haven't received any email notifying me of an appointment yet though... Should I be worried?
Thank you!

Question out of interest more than anything, does the Center in Kentucky process your DS 260 and complete the background checks before your interview is organised by your local office, or does the local office process the form as well?

Background checks are performed on all cases, by KCC/other agencies, based on the DS260. That is done prior to the interview. Sometimes further checks are required after interview, and those are requested by the local embassy, again, with other agencies.

I have been in the US on an F-1 visa, and it has been several months since I last was outside the US. I am on DV2017OC0...14xx so I expect it may not become current until July-September 2017. I am considering a vacation, leaving the US for a few weeks in December 2016 and returning in January 2017. I would probably choose AOS over CP, although I am still considering that and trying to gather information about what would offer me a fast enough processing time in my case.

I have a few questions - would be very grateful for some comments from anyone who can answer them!

1) If I submitted my DS-260 now, would that demonstrate immigrant intent to a nature that would make it problematic to leave and re-enter the US in Dec2016/Jan2017, or cause problems during the AOS process?

2) If I waited to submit my DS-260 until immediately after my trip home in January, would I be breaking the 30/60 rule?

3) If I waited to submit my DS-260 until 2 months following return to the US in January 2017 -- yet keeping in mind I have already received a lottery win and that is presumably on record -- would entry to the US be a problem given that I have won the lottery, and that I did enter and then subsequently complete DS-260 and apply for status?

4) In the same scenario as (3) where I wait to submit my DS-260 until 2 months following return to the US in January 2017, I wouldn't be submitting my DS-260 until some time in the middle of March. Would that risk prolonging my already-tight deadline to get an interview with my high case number, increasing the chance that I wouldn't get my interview before September 2017?

So I finally got around to having my next set of US sized passport photos taken. I'm going to look so unimpressed on my GC once I receive it haha.

I have been in the US on an F-1 visa, and it has been several months since I last was outside the US. I am on DV2017OC0...14xx so I expect it may not become current until July-September 2017. I am considering a vacation, leaving the US for a few weeks in December 2016 and returning in January 2017. I would probably choose AOS over CP, although I am still considering that and trying to gather information about what would offer me a fast enough processing time in my case.

I have a few questions - would be very grateful for some comments from anyone who can answer them!

1) If I submitted my DS-260 now, would that demonstrate immigrant intent to a nature that would make it problematic to leave and re-enter the US in Dec2016/Jan2017, or cause problems during the AOS process?

2) If I waited to submit my DS-260 until immediately after my trip home in January, would I be breaking the 30/60 rule?

3) If I waited to submit my DS-260 until 2 months following return to the US in January 2017 -- yet keeping in mind I have already received a lottery win and that is presumably on record -- would entry to the US be a problem given that I have won the lottery, and that I did enter and then subsequently complete DS-260 and apply for status?

4) In the same scenario as (3) where I wait to submit my DS-260 until 2 months following return to the US in January 2017, I wouldn't be submitting my DS-260 until some time in the middle of March. Would that risk prolonging my already-tight deadline to get an interview with my high case number, increasing the chance that I wouldn't get my interview before September 2017?

Your option described in Q4 is the best. There is no need to submit the DS260 so early for AOS cases. DS260 processing for AOS cases is without delay.

Thank you Britsimon. I've now had a chance to check the processing times for my local USCIS Field Office, and for Form I-485 they are currently (as of Sep 12, 2016) processing cases from Jan 18, 2016. Assuming there's around the same delay this time next year -- when my DV case number (DV2017OC00...14xx) is likely to become current - am I correct in thinking I really have little to no chance with AOS since the processing time for I-485 is likely to be 8-9 months and I'll only have 6-8 weeks available before the end of the FY 2016-2017?

Last edited:
Thank you Britsimon. I've now had a chance to check the processing times for my local USCIS Field Office, and for Form I-485 they are currently (as of Sep 12, 2016) processing cases from Jan 18, 2016. Assuming there's around the same delay this time next year -- when my DV case number (DV2017OC00...14xx) is likely to become current - am I correct in thinking I really have little to no chance with AOS since the processing time for I-485 is likely to be 8-9 months and I'll only have 6-8 weeks available before the end of the FY 2016-2017?

DV cases do not follow the normal timeline published by the FO - ignore their timeline.

It is possible (though stressful) to get an AOS case through that only goes current in September. You submit early (according to the policy memo) and then push your case through Infopasses etc. However, all this is best discussed on the AOS thread. AOS is a different process - so Sm1smom has created a special thread and is the undisputed Queen of AOS. You should read the DV2017 AOS thread (below).

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/

Note he said queen, not ruler or regent. He's just fishing for you to call him the king ;)

:D :D :D :D

Of course, you are the undisputed expert on it :)

Hell no! I was thinking like the English system where Liz is the undisputed ruler. I'm happy to be the court clown.

hi , my case no. is 2017OC000011XX , am I safe? Don't know what to expect as this is my first time entering and got lucky as well...

Hi everyone!

2017OC000007XX here :)

I am a little paranoid about my DS-260 application in that I did not list every single job I have previously worked, since many of these were part time during university, not for very long (eg. 2 months)., not relevant to my current professional career and honestly, I couldn't remember exact dates!

Would everyone advise that I go in and update this to the best of my ability? My CN is not current yet & I submitted mid-June - would it delay my processing?

Hi everyone!

2017OC000007XX here :)

I am a little paranoid about my DS-260 application in that I did not list every single job I have previously worked, since many of these were part time during university, not for very long (eg. 2 months)., not relevant to my current professional career and honestly, I couldn't remember exact dates!

Would everyone advise that I go in and update this to the best of my ability? My CN is not current yet & I submitted mid-June - would it delay my processing?

Since the period is covered by University attendance, there is no need to list all the jobs.

I just realized from reading these last few posts that I had very stupidly not added 10 years of work history, rather only had 3 years-ish when I submitted my DS-260. :eek:

Amazingly, KCC only took 11 hours to reply to me and unlock it!! I'm very very impressed! :) They seem incredibly on top of things!