• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Received my 2NL today for Nov 1 interview in Auckland. Not able to schedule my doctors appointment in NZ until I receive some forms apparently? Is this common?

Hey guys!

Things have been crazy and I've almost had no time to focus on getting prepared for all this.

I was selected (OC) with a CN 6xx (obviously that's not the full thing, but you get the idea). I submitted my DS 260 way back in early June, I think it was, but unlocked it to add some details. Since then, my employment has become slightly messy (I'm currently contracting full time for my past employer, who will soon become my full time employer - again!), and I'm holding off resubmitting my DS 260 until employment is finalised to make the whole thing a little tidier (as I'm currently not "employed"). During this time, my passport has also expired.

I'm noticing that the cut offs seem to be moving through a bit faster than expected, and I'm concerned about the delay in resubmitting my DS 260. I don't mind if my interview is delayed (I was predicting it would be in March/April so that would be fine by me), but I don't want to miss out altogether.

I'll renew my passport over the weekend, but if I hold off for another two or three weeks until my employment contract is finalised, do you think this will be okay?

It may seem like an odd question, but I'm a little paranoid.

Thanks guys!

When britsimon's blog says that some unlockings don't cause delays, is that assuming that the original/unchanged form had started processing and had been looked at at least once already?

KCC said that when you unlock, no matter the change, it will take you to the end of the line IF they hadn't started processing your original form by then.

Many thanks

When britsimon's blog says that some unlockings don't cause delays, is that assuming that the original/unchanged form had started processing and had been looked at at least once already?

KCC said that when you unlock, no matter the change, it will take you to the end of the line IF they hadn't started processing your original form by then.

Many thanks

We have discussed this before. What you report you were told by KCC is ridiculous. You either misunderstood what they meant OR you got through to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. My statement is accurate, and if you want proof there are many examples like the ones below from the latest round of interviews. These two disprove the KCC statement in a couple of different ways.

http://britsimonsays.com/2nls-november-interviews-sent/comment-page-1/#comment-48090

http://britsimonsays.com/2nls-november-interviews-sent/comment-page-1/#comment-48104

Hey guys!

Things have been crazy and I've almost had no time to focus on getting prepared for all this.

I was selected (OC) with a CN 6xx (obviously that's not the full thing, but you get the idea). I submitted my DS 260 way back in early June, I think it was, but unlocked it to add some details. Since then, my employment has become slightly messy (I'm currently contracting full time for my past employer, who will soon become my full time employer - again!), and I'm holding off resubmitting my DS 260 until employment is finalised to make the whole thing a little tidier (as I'm currently not "employed"). During this time, my passport has also expired.

I'm noticing that the cut offs seem to be moving through a bit faster than expected, and I'm concerned about the delay in resubmitting my DS 260. I don't mind if my interview is delayed (I was predicting it would be in March/April so that would be fine by me), but I don't want to miss out altogether.

I'll renew my passport over the weekend, but if I hold off for another two or three weeks until my employment contract is finalised, do you think this will be okay?

It may seem like an odd question, but I'm a little paranoid.

Thanks guys!

There is no problem. Relax.

Received my 2NL today for Nov 1 interview in Auckland. Not able to schedule my doctors appointment in NZ until I receive some forms apparently? Is this common?

Finally, someone else from Auckland! Can I ask what your number is and when you submitted? I'm 0000001XX and submitted on 1st June - still waiting for my 2NL.

Also, I emailed Auckland Consulate about the Doctor's appointment thing and they said "you must wait until you receive a set of instructions which our office will mail out to you only once we have received notification from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) regarding the pool of successful DV lottery winners".

Would be interested to know how long it is between getting your 2NL and receiving the medical check pack from the consulate.

What type of instructions would it be? My 2NL only has the interview date, time and address. It doesn't have a document list or anything.

Finally, someone else from Auckland! Can I ask what your number is and when you submitted? I'm 0000001XX and submitted on 1st June - still waiting for my 2NL.

Also, I emailed Auckland Consulate about the Doctor's appointment thing and they said "you must wait until you receive a set of instructions which our office will mail out to you only once we have received notification from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) regarding the pool of successful DV lottery winners".

Would be interested to know how long it is between getting your 2NL and receiving the medical check pack from the consulate.

Hey fellow kiwi,

My number is OC000004xx and I submitted my DS-260 on May 8th (so very early). I ended up calling the doctors and making an appointment by telling them I had already received my pack. Schedule the appointment for 2-weeks before my interview.

Will let you know when I receive the pack.

Hi all,
Just going thru the forum, man it seemed easy but I am still feeling heavy, the thing is , I have a family of six, my hubby was married before with kids and he had a daughter in between the x wife and I , and we have five kids.My question is, will that affect our application as I am the principal applicant?
Secondly, my husband and I went to NZ attending a visa interview to go to Hawaii for my BA commencement in BYU on June 2016 and we were refused coz of SECTIOn 214 (b), the next question is, will that affect our chance to be approved? If not , what should I write in that part in the form DS 260?

Hi all,
Just going thru the forum, man it seemed easy but I am still feeling heavy, the thing is , I have a family of six, my hubby was married before with kids and he had a daughter in between the x wife and I , and we have five kids.My question is, will that affect our application as I am the principal applicant?
Secondly, my husband and I went to NZ attending a visa interview to go to Hawaii for my BA commencement in BYU on June 2016 and we were refused coz of SECTIOn 214 (b), the next question is, will that affect our chance to be approved? If not , what should I write in that part in the form DS 260?

1. Did you list all your husband's kids on your eDV registration? If those kids were not previously listed, that's a potential for denial.

2. Your previous NIV denial based on INA 214(b) shouldn't impact your DV selection. That previous denial was based on what they considered your inability to overcome perceived immigrant while applying for a NIV. Now that you're actually applying for an IV, having an immigrant intent is not a problem.

1. Did you list all your husband's kids on your eDV registration? If those kids were not previously listed, that's a potential for denial.

2. Your previous NIV denial based on INA 214(b) shouldn't impact your DV selection. That previous denial was based on what they considered your inability to overcome perceived immigrant while applying for a NIV. Now that you're actually applying for an IV, having an immigrant intent is not a problem.
Thank you mom for replying, and yes I listed all of his kids, there are nine altogether, and five of them are ours, and i listed all of the nine children.

Thank you mom for replying, and yes I listed all of his kids, there are nine altogether, and five of them are ours, and i listed all of the nine children.

That's good. The only thing I would encourage you to do is to make sure you're able to clearly demonstrate to the IO you're not likely to become a public charge (since you guys are a large family), even if your embassy typically doesn't request for DV selectees to demonstrate that.

That's good. The only thing I would encourage you to do is to make sure you're able to clearly demonstrate to the IO you're not likely to become a public charge (since you guys are a large family), even if your embassy typically doesn't request for DV selectees to demonstrate that.
ok, thank you , as of now , I have already gathered documents, highest qualification is BA, and currently working as a secondary teacher. We do not have sufficient saving so I am planning on asking for a sponsor , since i think our number will be current next year around June or July maybe, CN 2017OC000011xx. Would education and a sponsor be sufficient?

ok, thank you , as of now , I have already gathered documents, highest qualification is BA, and currently working as a secondary teacher. We do not have sufficient saving so I am planning on asking for a sponsor , since i think our number will be current next year around June or July maybe, CN 2017OC000011xx. Would education and a sponsor be sufficient?

Remember that a sponsor needs to be able to show enough for everyone in their own family as well as everyone in yours - just worth highlighting given the size of your family - so for example if the sposmor's family has 3 people that's 10 people altogether he or she needs to be able to show income for...

Remember that a sponsor needs to be able to show enough for everyone in their own family as well as everyone in yours - just worth highlighting given the size of your family - so for example if the sposmor's family has 3 people that's 10 people altogether he or she needs to be able to show income for...
Noted , thank you very much... one more question please, any ideas of how much income should sponsor have in order to cover for 10 family members?