• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hi

I've been reading this forum and stuff all over the web. I'm a successful (well hopefully) 2017 DV winner.

Case Number: 2017OC000007Xx
Submitted DS: 29 May

From what I can tell/guess from the Bulliten I might be called for an interview in February?

At that time I will be overseas till mid March. Is it possible to RE-schedule an IV for the date of my choosing or is it to the whim of the consulate?

With a 7XX number am I likey to miss out on a visa altogether if my IV is rescheduled?

I leave for OS mid January - would it be wise to have my medial and police check done before I leave just in case?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but you guys here are really informed. Appreciate any info or light that could be shed to ease my troubled mind :)

Cheers

Bowie

Hi

I've been reading this forum and stuff all over the web. I'm a successful (well hopefully) 2017 DV winner.

Case Number: 2017OC000007Xx
Submitted DS: 29 May

From what I can tell/guess from the Bulliten I might be called for an interview in February?

At that time I will be overseas till mid March. Is it possible to RE-schedule an IV for the date of my choosing or is it to the whim of the consulate?

With a 7XX number am I likey to miss out on a visa altogether if my IV is rescheduled?

I leave for OS mid January - would it be wise to have my medial and police check done before I leave just in case?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but you guys here are really informed. Appreciate any info or light that could be shed to ease my troubled mind :)

Cheers

Bowie

The better wway to handle this would have been to delay submission of the DS260. The process of rescheduling is handled by the embassies. Some are pretty good about it, sometimes things get delayed. It's a bit of a lottery. Really, all you can do is wait and see when you get the interview and then make you plan - you get at least 6 weeks notice...

The better wway to handle this would have been to delay submission of the DS260. The process of rescheduling is handled by the embassies. Some are pretty good about it, sometimes things get delayed. It's a bit of a lottery. Really, all you can do is wait and see when you get the interview and then make you plan - you get at least 6 weeks notice...

Thanks for the reply Britsimon. Doesn't seem very hopeful.

Hi Everyone! I am one of the later selectees for DV 2017 - CNOC13XX
I thought I had missed out on this lottery (third time entering) so I was shocked to discover only last week that I had been selected for further processing. Thinking I had missed out, my plan was to head over to the US in Feb next year and go the E3 route, but it looks like waiting for the GC interview will be a much safer bet (though having to wait potentially an extra 6 months feels like torture - and yes I know others have had to endure much longer wait times!).
I am currently living in Vancouver, Canada, so assuming I do get an interview (I like to think my CN is safe) it will be in Montreal. I'll probably visit home in February next year where I will collect high school/birth certificates etc and maybe even have some vaccinations done to get them out of the way. Of course the medical and police certificates will come later.

Thank you so much to everyone that has contributed to this forum!

Hi guys! My husband and I are very excited as we've been selected in the second draw! Our case number is 2017OC000011XX. Please tell us that we're safe and don't need to worry about our case number being too high! :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a question about form DS-260... I am originally from Australia, but currently reside in Germany. For some random reason, when I first registered here, a German government official misspelled my middle name by adding a letter to it, such as "Kiersten" instead of "Kirsten". So because of that, I guess I am technically known by this name here. And the German visas in my passport show that incorrect spelling.

Now, in form DS-260, there is this question, "Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?". Do you think I will have to add this misspelled version of my name there to be on the safe side? I want to avoid any delays after our interview and am worried that they might want to do more background checks on that incorrect spelling of my name.

You're safe and don't need to worry about our case number being too high!

:cool:

Add the other version of the name. There is no harm in doing so.

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to thank you all for the info in this forum, and Britsimon in particular for his website. After 10 years of entering the DV lottery, I was selected in the second 2017 drawing (2017OC000013XX). If my case number becomes current, looks like my interview (in Montreal) won't be until mid next year, but I'm really excited to see this process through.
Thank you again for this wonderful resource!

@bm2017
That's amazing! A whole decade.. am really happy for you! I would have been entering in earlier years as well but wasn't really aware of the program until recently. From the people I've spoken to about it, the DV isn't widely known about at all. I can't really understand why?

@bm2017
That's amazing! A whole decade.. am really happy for you! I would have been entering in earlier years as well but wasn't really aware of the program until recently. From the people I've spoken to about it, the DV isn't widely known about at all. I can't really understand why?

I know a number of people who've heard of it but assume it's a scam, because it sounds too good to be true.

anyone here that will be having her/his interview in Fiji?

Hey Leekehi

I will be interviewing in Suva but I have delayed my DS260 submission and will be submitting sometime around October/December. But my case number is 5XX so hopefully it gets processed by March and I get scheduled for either April/May or June at the latest. What is your case number? Have you already submitted your DS260?

Hey Leekehi

I will be interviewing in Suva but I have delayed my DS260 submission and will be submitting sometime around October/December. But my case number is 5XX so hopefully it gets processed by March and I get scheduled for either April/May or June at the latest. What is your case number? Have you already submitted your DS260?
My case no . Is 11XX and yes i have submitted my DS260, and have recently requested to be reopened.. To make some changes ..