• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

20 of us so far :) (Thanks to EmilyW for the original idea in the DV2015)

Name Case Number
MissM88 7xx
JessicaElle 7xx
san92 5xx
GreatestNameOfAll 6xx
AbunjaMak 7xx
Pog 1xx
Rejected Spark 7xx
llotic 8xx
jacinta 2xx
Chriso 4xx
chelsjo 5xx
schatz001 8xx
social casualty 6xx
Wingpin 2xx
onewiseone 8xx
Jasse 8xx
littlechia 5xx
RI1985 4xx
LEOMC 5xx
OzinBerks 5xx
Not that it probably affects things, but for accuracy I'm actually 0xx.

20 of us so far :) (Thanks to EmilyW for the original idea in the DV2015)

Name Case Number
MissM88 7xx
JessicaElle 7xx
san92 5xx
GreatestNameOfAll 6xx
AbunjaMak 7xx
Pog 1xx
Rejected Spark 7xx
llotic 8xx
jacinta 2xx
Chriso 4xx
chelsjo 5xx
schatz001 8xx
social casualty 6xx
Wingpin 2xx
onewiseone 8xx
Jasse 8xx
littlechia 5xx
RI1985 4xx
LEOMC 5xx
OzinBerks 5xx

I think it is significant that we haven't seen any OCer above 8XX - and the distribution of numbers with some "German tank problem" thinking suggests the max will be just over 900. In DV2016 the max case number is 959 (despite KCC pretending it is higher), so it is likely to be around that number again, perhaps even slightly less.

That would suggest OC will be current again, and also hints at a slightly lower selectee count globally.

Guys, I'm freaking out a little bit right now.

I've just gone to fill out my DS260 form and there are two other applicants on my freaking form that sure as hell were not on there when I submitted my application (I screenshotted what I filled in).
I've apparently got a spouse and a child and I've never heard of these people before! I've tried to call the KCC but I can't get through and I literally feel like I'm going to throw up. What the hell?! What do I do?

I've just gone to fill out my DS260 form and there are two other applicants on my freaking form that sure as hell were not on there when I submitted my application (I screenshotted what I filled in).
I've apparently got a spouse and a child and I've never heard of these people before! I've tried to call the KCC but I can't get through and I literally feel like I'm going to throw up. What the hell?! What do I do?
What the... That's so weird!!

Maybe try emailing them and attach your screen shots to the email?

That is so strange

What the... That's so weird!!

Maybe try emailing them and attach your screen shots to the email?

That is so strange
I've ended up sending them an email with the screenshots, but I'm still really freaked out. How can people just suddenly appear on my DS260? Both people have the same last name so I'm hoping that it's an administrative error on KCC's end... otherwise god knows what's happened!

I've ended up sending them an email with the screenshots, but I'm still really freaked out. How can people just suddenly appear on my DS260? Both people have the same last name so I'm hoping that it's an administrative error on KCC's end... otherwise god knows what's happened!
Yep, would be some kind of IT glitch, but it does worry me about privacy and data security!!

Looks like you've been hacked! Do you know this dude?:

Hello My love JessicaElle. I have added me and child to DS260. We can arrange marriage. I love you my love

This was posted and deleted by the OP on May 4, I just retrieved the post. He apparently had access to all of your information, it seems.

This was posted and deleted by the OP on May 4, I just retrieved the post. He apparently had access to all of your information, it seems.
That's the same guy that posted the inappropriately rude message about Simon after claiming he also won the dv lotto then deleted the message

Sh*t how creepy :/

Yep - that moron.

It is very important to keep your info private, and much as I like seeing the faces behind the screennames, it would be better to remove real photos from your profiles (it indicates age, and gets creepy morons interested).

What the hell? No I've never heard of him before. Has he just looked up my number using the "forgot application number" tool? I feel absolutely sick now. What do I do?

Call KCC right now and don't hang up until you speak with a human. I think there's a way to bypass all the menus (I'm sure @Britsimon remembers). There has to be a way for them to block this person from accessing your file.

What the hell? No I've never heard of him before. Has he just looked up my number using the "forgot application number" tool? I feel absolutely sick now. What do I do?

KCC will probably not remove the two additions. Write and explain in detail what has happened. That email will go on your file for when you interview. If you phone KCC, email confirmations of what is discussed.

KCC may advise whether it is worth invalidating their DS260 (wiping out needed data) or whether to leave it alone.

Call KCC right now and don't hang up until you speak with a human. I think there's a way to bypass all the menus (I'm sure @Britsimon remembers). There has to be a way for them to block this person from accessing your file.

Pressing zero bypasses the recording.

No, there isn't a way to block the person - other than the cases staying locked. Jessica can probably ask them to ignore all unlock requests from any other email address other than hers - but remember this person has seen all her personal data so it would be pretty easy to convince KCC to unlock...

I think he needs the original email address for that or other info he shouldn't have. It does sound like you've been properly hacked or otherwise stalked.
Is your screen name close to your actual name? Could he have used a photo you posted to find your real identity elsewhere using image recognition software? Etc?

Pressing zero bypasses the recording.

No, there isn't a way to block the person - other than the cases staying locked. Jessica can probably ask them to ignore all unlock requests from any other email address other than hers - but remember this person has seen all her personal data so it would be pretty easy to convince KCC to unlock...
That's so messed up :( I'd be checking every day to make sure it hadn't been unlocked if that happened to me - and it's a long time between now and a potential interview

People frustrate me sometimes - that's a whole new level of creepy

That's so messed up :( I'd be checking every day to make sure it hadn't been unlocked if that happened to me.

People frustrate me sometimes - that's a whole new level of creepy

This kind of thing used to happen all the time with the old paper based system - winner letters would be intercepted, derivatives added for people desperate to get green catds, and/or then they'd often go as far as blackmailing the winner if they wanted their case number etc. The computer based system has obviously helped but not entirely eliminated the bad guys.