• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

I am from ROA, I realize that predictions are based on recent years, and until 2014 (and including) my number was always current, however its uncertain for this year.
I just want to believe that the 91K figure will enable ROA countries going current eventually, despite the rising of Nepalese and Iranian success rate.

I also know that this discussion is to early indeed , and I appreciate your response, you must know that I am another concerned high CN who wants to achieve his dream... :)

91.5k selectees is good news in that there won't be as many sad people.

AS region still fairly high at 15000 - so before we can be too certain about your number we would need to understand the highest case number for the region (and ideally identify the holes etc). We would also want to look at the country specific numbers. However, at this point you could feel fairly comfortable.

Do you recommend hiring a lawyer for all the paperwork?

Also, could you just confirm that I understood correctly in post #55? Thanks so much!

What does "activate it" mean?

So just to make sure I understand what you mean. Let's say I get it in Feb 2016. I have to activate it before August 2016, meaning, I suppose, that I have to go to the US before August 2016.
Then, I have the right to go back home immediately until August 2017 maximum. And starting August 2017, I'll have to live permanently in the US (minimum 6 mo/year).

Is that right?

Thanks so much, this is extremely helpful :)

Yes, with the caveat that your visa expiry may be shorter than 6 months depending on the date of the medical. You need to enter the U.S. before your visa expires, you cannot get a DV expiry date extended.
Also be aware that from that date, even though you spend the next year out you are still required to file a return with the IRS.

Waiting a few weeks (even a couple of months) will not delay anything in your case.

Yes your CN is lovely (and safe).
Hi Brisimon,
1. What about the case number AF00021xxx?
2. Any idea if this can goes ok since the number of selectee is less than last year?
3. I m expecting a new spouse on November, do u thing if unlock my DS will delay my process?
4. If update the personal info such as Nationality: long story short: having Egyptian citizen now (since 2 years ago), before I had Palestinian travel document living in Egypt, this travel document has been expired, I have Egyptian birth certificate now, do u I have to update my personal info and calling for the previous status? Or should I wait until the interview.
Note: Palestine country is not listed into the nationality/country list into the DS. Thanks in advanced!!

Not unless you want to spend money for no good reason.

Or unless the selectee is a pain in the butt and just wants to argue with us here (in which case they should certainly hire a lawyer who would be delighted to listen with the meter running).

Hi Brisimon,
1. What about the case number AF00021xxx?
2. Any idea if this can goes ok since the number of selectee is less than last year?
3. I m expecting a new spouse on November, do u thing if unlock my DS will delay my process?
4. If update the personal info such as Nationality: long story short: having Egyptian citizen now (since 2 years ago), before I had Palestinian travel document living in Egypt, this travel document has been expired, I have Egyptian birth certificate now, do u I have to update my personal info and calling for the previous status? Or should I wait until the interview.
Note: Palestine country is not listed into the nationality/country list into the DS. Thanks in advanced!!

1. Lovely number - very safe.
2. Lower selectee numbers will make next year much calmer.
3. You are expecting to give birth to a spouse???? Wow - modern technology. If you have a spouse, adding usually takes just a few weeks - so that should not delay you (and even if it does - so what - it is still going to be fine).
4. This is not about travel documents - this is all based on where you were born (and where you can prove you were born). So - I assume you were born in Egypt?

1. Lovely number - very safe.
2. Lower selectee numbers will make next year much calmer.
3. You are expecting to give birth to a spouse???? Wow - modern technology. If you have a spouse, adding usually takes just a few weeks - so that should not delay you (and even if it does - so what - it is still going to be fine).
4. This is not about travel documents - this is all based on where you were born (and where you can prove you were born). So - I assume you were born in Egypt?
Thank you for your response!!!
I have filled th DS-260 already, so what is the next steps? I mean whe they will let me know about the interview? is going to be by email? or need to check online? any advice?
Thank you again!!!!

Thank you for your response!!!
I have filled th DS-260 already, so what is the next steps? I mean whe they will let me know about the interview? is going to be by email? or need to check online? any advice?
Thank you again!!!!

Once your number is current you get an email - and that number instructs you to check your appointment date online.

I won the DV 2016.i have been to the USA before and i applied for social security and was given because i had a work permit. do i need to let them know i have a social security number

I won the DV 2016.i have been to the USA before and i applied for social security and was given because i had a work permit. do i need to let them know i have a social security number
No, you won't be asked for you SSN as part of the DV CP process (not sure about AOS). In case you hold a SSN card with work authorisation limitations printed on the card, you will need to have the card replaced once you are a LPR. Your SSN Number will stay the same. PS: presumably you did not apply for social security when you were in the US, but applied for a SSN, right?