• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

They asked it on the old DS230 too.. ;)
:) well, undoubtedly you have the better memory. Never knew we had provided our numbers. Thanks again for pointing out the fact, he surely will be happy to include his already existing SSN information.

:) well, undoubtedly you have the better memory. Never knew we had provided our numbers. Thanks again for pointing out the fact, he surely will be happy to include his already existing SSN information.

As I recall you needed to indicate if you had had a number, and if known to enter it. I'm sure many people have lost/forgotten them over time!

Hi! dv 2016 winner here from OC (Australia)... very stressed out. recently engaged (literally after all the problems on the website was able to access and find out i won on the friday morning, engaged the next day.... total coincidence he had been planing the proposal for a month!) now my question is, i need to know when my number will most likely (or IF) go current. it is 2016OC0000047x.... so around 470. Now, i want to organise my wedding for February 2016. Am i taking a risk here? I am under the impression that after (if) my number goes current, i will submit the ds-260 and that will take a couple of months to process and i will then be scheduked for interview. The reason i am so worried is i desperately don't want to have to get married in a rushed courthouse thingo. So i really would like to know when my number is estimated to go current, as obviously after i submit my form i need to be able to change my status once i am married.

Someone please shed some light on this for me!!

Hi! dv 2016 winner here from OC (Australia)... very stressed out. recently engaged (literally after all the problems on the website was able to access and find out i won on the friday morning, engaged the next day.... total coincidence he had been planing the proposal for a month!) now my question is, i need to know when my number will most likely (or IF) go current. it is 2016OC0000047x.... so around 470. Now, i want to organise my wedding for February 2016. Am i taking a risk here? I am under the impression that after (if) my number goes current, i will submit the ds-260 and that will take a couple of months to process and i will then be scheduked for interview. The reason i am so worried is i desperately don't want to have to get married in a rushed courthouse thingo. So i really would like to know when my number is estimated to go current, as obviously after i submit my form i need to be able to change my status once i am married.

Someone please shed some light on this for me!!

Congratulations! Based on recent years, you could be current anywhere between November - January. However, the pool of OC selectees is rather small this year (highest case number we've seen so far this year is in the 900s, whereas last year it went above 2000+), which could potentially mean numbers will go current at a slower rate this year, meaning you'd be more likely to be early next year. What you need to decide is whether you'd like to have your interview as early as possible or not. If you want to increase the likelihood of being interviewed as soon as your number goes current, I would not wait to get married until February. After you get married in February, you will need to add your spouse to the DS-260 and the processing like you said, should take a couple of months. If your form got processed by April, the earliest your interview could be would be June/July. However, in DV2015 there were some substantial delays in processing the DS-260s, some forms taking up to four months or so. While hopefully the this won't happen again this year, it could potentially be a risk. And that would effectively push your interview back until the very end of the fiscal year in August/September. As you probably know, you must interview and get your visa by the end of September, otherwise you will miss out. You may decide it's not worth the wait and do the courthouse thing and then have a proper ceremony at a later date. There's some good info in this thread about getting married and filing the DS260. We won't have a better idea of the rate numbers will go current or if there are any delays in the processing of forms until later this year once the fiscal year for DV2016 has begun.

There's more of us in the OC DV2016 thread as well, feel free to come join us! :)

Thank you so much for your reply violetion! You have some great advice!! I guess I will still try to organise my wedding instead for January/February and be prepared that if need be I will have to go straight to the court the moment my number becomes current if it is too soon before my wedding. Another question I have, is that say my number is current in November/December and I submit my form, I'm assuming that means if processing takes around 2 months (hypothetically) that my interview will be after my wedding. So if I do receive an interview date after my wedding and the day after my wedding unlock my ds-260 to change my status and add my spouse, will that change my processing time by a large amount and therefore my interview will be rescheduled? How long does changing your status tack onto processing time?

Or is my better option that if my number is current in around December and I wait till February to submit my ds-260, do you think I will still be safe for an interview?

I'm so ignorant to the process but realise In my circumstance I need to be very cautious! Thank you so much for your help!!

Thank you so much for your reply violetion! You have some great advice!! I guess I will still try to organise my wedding instead for January/February and be prepared that if need be I will have to go straight to the court the moment my number becomes current if it is too soon before my wedding. Another question I have, is that say my number is current in November/December and I submit my form, I'm assuming that means if processing takes around 2 months (hypothetically) that my interview will be after my wedding. So if I do receive an interview date after my wedding and the day after my wedding unlock my ds-260 to change my status and add my spouse, will that change my processing time by a large amount and therefore my interview will be rescheduled? How long does changing your status tack onto processing time?

Or is my better option that if my number is current in around December and I wait till February to submit my ds-260, do you think I will still be safe for an interview?

I'm so ignorant to the process but realise In my circumstance I need to be very cautious! Thank you so much for your help!!

Hi,
I'm not sure from your posts you understand the process properly. You don't wait till your number is current to submit the ds260, you do it now - unless you want to delay your interview. Your number being current means they can schedule an interview for you, but will only do that if they have already processed your ds260.

Hi,
I'm not sure from your posts you understand the process properly. You don't wait till your number is current to submit the ds260, you do it now - unless you want to delay your interview. Your number being current means they can schedule an interview for you, but will only do that if they have already processed your ds260.

I have advised her to delay the interview by delaying the DS260 submission. Given the fact that she does not want to bring the wedding forward, it would be better to delay (in my humble opinion) so that they both go for interview together rather than getting the interview too soon and trying to sort out adding the spouse in between the interview and the activation (messy). So - the questions Sarah has posted above are similar to ones I have already answered plus some timing assumptions based on those answers. She obviously just wanted a second opinion. :rolleyes:

I have advised her to delay the interview by delaying the DS260 submission. Given the fact that she does not want to bring the wedding forward, it would be better to delay (in my humble opinion) so that they both go for interview together rather than getting the interview too soon and trying to sort out adding the spouse in between the interview and the activation (messy). So - the questions Sarah has posted above are similar to ones I have already answered plus some timing assumptions based on those answers. She obviously just wanted a second opinion. :rolleyes:

That's fine - albeit not what I thought she had indicated - which sounded like she thought the procedure was to only submit DS260 when current. And left unchecked may have confused some other drive-by reader.

I guess this is also one reason why posters are discouraged from sending private messages if there is not personal info involved, would have been much clearer to the rest of us ..!!

That's fine - albeit not what I thought she had indicated - which sounded like she thought the procedure was to only submit DS260 when current. And left unchecked may have confused some other drive-by reader.

I guess this is also one reason why posters are discouraged from sending private messages if there is not personal info involved, would have been much clearer to the rest of us ..!!

Yeah it was through my blog.

Hi all, Considering Nigeria was excluded from dv2016 , Af 35xxx. Is it safe number. And chances for next year interview 50/50

Hello all
We are happy winners of DV 2016
Just wondering when are we going t get the interview... our number is SA9xx
We want to move fwd right away as my husbad might have a job offer
Anyone can help? We submitted the form may 20th.
Thank you all

Hello all
We are happy winners of DV 2016
Just wondering when are we going t get the interview... our number is SA9xx
We want to move fwd right away as my husbad might have a job offer
Anyone can help? We submitted the form may 20th.
Thank you all

Congratulations on the selection. The desire to move forward right away is well understood, but you will need to exercise a lot of patience. Your CN isn't likely to become current before February 2016, and it could equally be as late as April 2016.

No, you won't be asked for you SSN as part of the DV CP process (not sure about AOS). In case you hold a SSN card with work authorisation limitations printed on the card, you will need to have the card replaced once you are a LPR. Your SSN Number will stay the same. PS: presumably you did not apply for social security when you were in the US, but applied for a SSN, right?
i applied for SSN

No you should not worry. There are 91.5k selectees. WE will have some regions go current UNLESS they add some more selectees in a second draw. Off the top of my head I would say OC and EU are no brainers to go current.

Is there any chance of second draw, if so how many they will select as per previous years records.
thanks

Is there any chance of second draw, if so how many they will select as per previous years records.
thanks

I do not think there would be a second draw and if they did it would be VERY small a few thousand out of the remaining 17 million entries. REally - I would not advise anyone to "wait" for the second draw.

I'm not sure that is representative of EU. It is mainly Eastern EU countries, including the two limited countries that will have low case numbers. I suspect we may see EU CNs a bit higher than 24000 (possibly 27000/28000 based on DV2015 comparison for 27k selectees).

Given such a low case number we will not doubt see slower VB progress and I expect we will see CURRENT in EU....