• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

Hello there,

I'm CN AS11XXX and I'd like to inquire about preliminary prediction ,given today's data....
can we assess the safety of my number, based on dv 2013, which its draw results are the most similar to dv 2016 (throughout recent years..)
DV 2013 - total 105K selectees , 16K (Asia) Iran - 6K, Nepal 4K. Bangladesh already excluded, and Asia went current as of July.
Whereas dv 2016 - 91K, Asia 15K, Iran 4.5K, Nepal 3.8K

Many thanx for your dedication over this forum :)

Yes but still want to be assure that my friend are wrong .

Your friend is confused, presumably because there were 3800 selectees from Nepal. He or she does not understand how the case numbering works. May we refer you both to britsimonsays to read up on it.

Hi everyone,
I found out last week that I won the DV 2016. My CN is EU00011xxx.
I haven't filled my DS 260, as I am traveling for the next 2 weeks with limited internet access. I have a few questions:
- Do I have to fill it asap or can it wait 2 weeks? Will it imply anything on the date of my interview?
- Is my CN a good number?
Thanks a lot, this forum is great!

Hi everyone,
I found out last week that I won the DV 2016. My CN is EU00011xxx.
I haven't filled my DS 260, as I am traveling for the next 2 weeks with limited internet access. I have a few questions:
- Do I have to fill it asap or can it wait 2 weeks? Will it imply anything on the date of my interview?
- Is my CN a good number?
Thanks a lot, this forum is great!

Waiting a few weeks (even a couple of months) will not delay anything in your case.

Yes your CN is lovely (and safe).

Waiting a few weeks (even a couple of months) will not delay anything in your case.

Yes your CN is lovely (and safe).

Thank you!
Other question:
If I do get the green card, once I officially receive it, do I have to move to the US immediately? Or can I stay in my country (France) for about a year before I move permanently to the US? Thanks!!

Thank you!
Other question:
If I do get the green card, once I officially receive it, do I have to move to the US immediately? Or can I stay in my country (France) for about a year before I move permanently to the US? Thanks!!

Once you get approved you have up to 6 months to activate it. You can then leave immediately for up to 12 months to tie up loose ends back home...

Once you get approved you have up to 6 months to activate it. You can then leave immediately for up to 12 months to tie up loose ends back home...
What does "activate it" mean?

So just to make sure I understand what you mean. Let's say I get it in Feb 2016. I have to activate it before August 2016, meaning, I suppose, that I have to go to the US before August 2016.
Then, I have the right to go back home immediately until August 2017 maximum. And starting August 2017, I'll have to live permanently in the US (minimum 6 mo/year).

Is that right?

Thanks so much, this is extremely helpful :)

First, thank you for your response guestgulkan!
Out of curiosity, why is dv 2014 a better source for comparison?
Another question if may I ---- isn't the variation of selectees every year , a result of KCC studying the statistics and putting efforts to maximize visa issuance with minimum winners missing out?? with regard to 2016 reduction towards 91K - shouldn't this number keep me a bit optimistic??

thnx again!

First, thank you for your response guestgulkan!
Out of curiosity, why is dv 2014 a better source for comparison?
Another question if may I ---- isn't the variation of selectees every year , a result of KCC studying the statistics and putting efforts to maximize visa issuance with minimum winners missing out?? with regard to 2016 reduction towards 91K - shouldn't this number keep me a bit optimistic??

One thing: are you from Nepal or Iran? If you're from Nepal then your number isn't good.

DV2014 is better because it's more recent. Your number isn't certain so you need to pay close attention to DV2015.

I think KCC is trying to notify the exact number of selectees they require, so there will be fewer disappointed people compared to previous years.

I am from ROA, I realize that predictions are based on recent years, and until 2014 (and including) my number was always current, however its uncertain for this year.
I just want to believe that the 91K figure will enable ROA countries going current eventually, despite the rising of Nepalese and Iranian success rate.

I also know that this discussion is to early indeed , and I appreciate your response, you must know that I am another concerned high CN who wants to achieve his dream... :)