• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

I think they are taking longer time this year than the other years to complete APs, it's been 160+ days for us

I have been waiting for 90+ days. Its scary to hear you say that you have been waiting for 160+ days. That's too long.
Are you Eritrean? Do you have any idea why you were placed under AP? were you asked to submit any additional documents?

@DV_hopeful I am just about to hit 100 days mark in few days. Was told all my stuff is on order, was not asked for any additional documents during last 100 days. No idea why placed under AP for so long.

Is there any difference between Administrative processing and mandatory administrative processing

Is there any difference between Administrative processing and mandatory administrative processing

In what context? The meaning or difference (if at all there is) depends on the context in which those two terms are used.

Yes. The word "mandatory".

Apart from that, no difference. AP is not an optional process in which the selectee could decide they would rather not participate.

When I sent the embassy an email they replied me like this.Here it's what they replied me.

You recently were interviewed for a Diversity Visa. we regret to inform you that there will be a delay in processing your application due to the need for mandatory administrative processing. Mandatory administrative processing may take from 2-6 months to complete, but the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa cannot guarantee when our office will receive authorization to proceed with visa issuance. We will inform you when processing is complete..

As always, we recommend that you take no action(s) to quit your job or dispose of property or make final arrangements until you have received

When I sent the embassy an email they replied me like this.Here it's what they replied me.

You recently were interviewed for a Diversity Visa. we regret to inform you that there will be a delay in processing your application due to the need for mandatory administrative processing. Mandatory administrative processing may take from 2-6 months to complete, but the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa cannot guarantee when our office will receive authorization to proceed with visa issuance. We will inform you when processing is complete..

As always, we recommend that you take no action(s) to quit your job or dispose of property or make final arrangements until you have received

It just means you're on AP, don't read any meaning into the exact words used in the response. The email basically means they need to carry out additional checks as required for any case needing further clearance before it can either be approved or denied.

It just means you're on AP, don't read any meaning into the exact words used in the response. The email basically means they need to carry out additional checks as required for any case needing further clearance before it can either be approved or denied.
Thanks @Sm1smom

Greetings Guys I was put on AP to Verify My O and A Level Certificates.
the 1st week of May i went for an interview, after the CO returned my passport and other documents but remained with my O and A Level certificates. she gave me a pink form saying AP on education documents. i was told not to do anything but wait for them. AP is so worrying coz no idea wen they will contact u or say anything. my question is if it Ap is not about secuirty reasons and its about the reasons mentioned by the CO does its processing speed or its the same speed as other cases

Greetings Guys I was put on AP to Verify My O and A Level Certificates.
the 1st week of May i went for an interview, after the CO returned my passport and other documents but remained with my O and A Level certificates. she gave me a pink form saying AP on education documents. i was told not to do anything but wait for them. AP is so worrying coz no idea wen they will contact u or say anything. my question is if it Ap is not about secuirty reasons and its about the reasons mentioned by the CO does its processing speed or its the same speed as other cases

Where did you do your education and where did you interview?

Hi all i am DV 2016 selectee ,my interview was on December 1 ,at the time I didn’t finished my degree ,so the consular told me that to bring my original degree when i am finished it ,then after i finished that submitted the requested document on April 25, then in May 6,my status on CEAC ,from AP changed to ISSUED ,then also on May 9 ,i got an Email that told me to collect my Visa after 7 working days, so now am happy ,thx for JESUS and his MOTHER SAINT MEARY!!!

Hi all i am DV 2016 selectee ,my interview was on December 1 ,at the time I didn’t finished my degree ,so the consular told me that to bring my original degree when i am finished it ,then after i finished that submitted the requested document on April 25, then in May 6,my status on CEAC ,from AP changed to ISSUED ,then also on May 9 ,i got an Email that told me to collect my Visa after 7 working days, so now am happy ,thx for JESUS and his MOTHER SAINT MEARY!!!
Happy for u man. Thank God. But i thought that these embassies need only high school. well its great u got off AP

yes they need that but i have grade ten high school certificate and Deploma ,thats why they asked me this degree.

Hello All,

im a DV-2016 winer from Morocco i passed the interview on March 24th all went good and the CO told me "your visa approved" and i will receive my passport within 10 days, but after 5 days i received a call from the US consulate and told me that i have to provide a new contact person address in US and the one i provided when i filled out DS-260 is not accepted ( i think the reason of refusing the address is that one week before my interview a friend provided the same address as we are both going to be hosted by the same person).

it's been now 50 days since a passed the interview and still haven't received my passort and whenever i contact them they tell me "your case is still under administrative processing and we will contact you once the process is over".

when i check my status on their web site it says "issued" since a passed the interview.

to let you know im single and not married have no children.

has someone went throught this please (address matter) ?