• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hi,
Im from egypt my interview date was on 10th of april and i was by the consular that my documents seems correct but we need further processing, i asked how long will it take shetold me within a month but now i passed 37 days without updates
They kept my and my family's passports and all my original documents
I didnt take any document or number from them, so can you help me with my case? In terms of how long should i wait, how could i check for case updates and why they kept my documents?

Hi,
Im from egypt my interview date was on 10th of april and i was by the consular that my documents seems correct but we need further processing, i asked how long will it take shetold me within a month but now i passed 37 days without updates
They kept my and my family's passports and all my original documents
I didnt take any document or number from them, so can you help me with my case? In terms of how long should i wait, how could i check for case updates and why they kept my documents?

1. You wait as long as it takes. There is no "standard" time.
2. You can check CEAC, but ignore the status updates you see there - they are meaningless. You are either in AP, or you are not.
3. They kept documents because they "expect" to issue your visas.

1. You wait as long as it takes. There is no "standard" time.
2. You can check CEAC, but ignore the status updates you see there - they are meaningless. You are either in AP, or you are not.
3. They kept documents because they "expect" to issue your visas.

many thanks for your reply and i just want to mention that when i use my case number to check my visa status through CEAC it gives me this message "Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number" and im sure of my case number so, please advise.

i checked it and it was administrative processing on 12 April then ready on 27 April so should i contact the embassy asking for updates from them or just wait?

Hello All,

im a DV-2016 winer from Morocco i passed the interview on March 24th all went good and the CO told me "your visa approved" and i will receive my passport within 10 days, but after 5 days i received a call from the US consulate and told me that i have to provide a new contact person address in US and the one i provided when i filled out DS-260 is not accepted ( i think the reason of refusing the address is that one week before my interview a friend provided the same address as we are both going to be hosted by the same person).

it's been now 50 days since a passed the interview and still haven't received my passort and whenever i contact them they tell me "your case is still under administrative processing and we will contact you once the process is over".

when i check my status on their web site it says "issued" since a passed the interview.

to let you know im single and not married have no children.

has someone went throught this please (address matter) ?
I cant answer u man. but did u give them a new address of your host?.

Hi all i am DV 2016 selectee ,my interview was on December 1 ,at the time I didn’t finished my degree ,so the consular told me that to bring my original degree when i am finished it ,then after i finished that submitted the requested document on April 25, then in May 6,my status on CEAC ,from AP changed to ISSUED ,then also on May 9 ,i got an Email that told me to collect my Visa after 7 working days, so now am happy ,thx for JESUS and his MOTHER SAINT MEARY!!!
congratulation! I think you are from Ethiopia? right? I need to ask you, how did you send additional document? In my case my husbands medical did not reach for the interview time, but during the interview the co said congratulation you will collect your visa after 10 days but when I check visa status after 10 days it says administrative process, even he did not tell us how to send the medical file.
any one also can tell me how to get information

congratulation! I think you are from Ethiopia? right? I need to ask you, how did you send additional document? In my case my husbands medical did not reach for the interview time, but during the interview the co said congratulation you will collect your visa after 10 days but when I check visa status after 10 days it says administrative process, even he did not tell us how to send the medical file.

If you are in Ethiopia, you have to send via DHL courier center where you have choosen at the time you registered appointment date.

hello AP guys in here. I haven't been here for a while, just checked now and felt I need to tell you something. please remain patient and hopeful. It's a tiring thing I know very well. For some cases, it's really a complicated issue that involves many factors and procedures, but be sure there someone taking care of your cases and you are not abandoned-as i thought myself while I was waiting :) the number of updates is not significant as Britsimon reffered before, but I wouldn't equate it to no update at all either. I myself was feeling so happy when checking my case and see that it had been updated. Try to relax and take care of things you already do in your lives and let the process to take its time. Good luck to you all!

Hi,
I was interviewed at US Embassy Cairo on 12 May, the CO told us that we are qualified for DV Visa but there's a problem with my daughter's passport (her passport was issued when she was 1 month old with a photo with that age, and now she's almost 3, so normally the photo no longer looks like her)

So, the CO took all documents of my family and gave us back our daughters' passport and told us to change it with a recent photo !)
I issued a new passport for her with a recent photo and sent it back by courier and the Embassy received it on 17 May.
Today, I received a call from Embassy asking us to come again on 15 June to take our fingerprints, and when I told the caller that our fingerprints were already taken on the interview day, she told us sorry they weren't captured by the system so we need to take them again !!

Does that seem normal ? Did anyone have an experience like this ?

Hi,
I was interviewed at US Embassy Cairo on 12 May, the CO told us that we are qualified for DV Visa but there's a problem with my daughter's passport (her passport was issued when she was 1 month old with a photo with that age, and now she's almost 3, so normally the photo no longer looks like her)

So, the CO took all documents of my family and gave us back our daughters' passport and told us to change it with a recent photo !)
I issued a new passport for her with a recent photo and sent it back by courier and the Embassy received it on 17 May.
Today, I received a call from Embassy asking us to come again on 15 June to take our fingerprints, and when I told the caller that our fingerprints were already taken on the interview day, she told us sorry they weren't captured by the system so we need to take them again !!

I'm sure some have experienced similar. Regardless of whether they have or not - you must comply.

Hi,

It's not completely unusual for them to have experienced a problem with capturing the fingerprint and needing to do it again.