• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

@bazsouthafrica I have not heard nothing yet. Last time contacted them April 1st. My status updates would always "update" when I contacted them. Strangely enough I had 2 status updates - dates changed on April 27th and today May 3rd without me making any enquiries. I know Britsimon said status updates are meaningless but since I am going a bit "loco" here I thought I mention that. Since you are also from MTL I am curious to know if your status updates changed lately on the same dates? - and if they did it probably means nothing just like B-Simon said - we can only speculate.

Hello

Just to let you all know,i was refused after 5 months in AP reason if you ask me is BS good luck to everyone at least i van go back to my life this was hard months good luck

Hello

Just to let you all know,i was refused after 5 months in AP reason if you ask me is BS good luck to everyone at least i van go back to my life this was hard months good luck

So sorry to hear that. Good luck with moving on from this.

Hello

Really sorry to hear this @Jakelexani

What was the reason (if you care to share it) that they gave for denying you? I may be wrong, but I think that maybe under very certain circumstances, there may be a way to appeal (of course, case dependent). @Britsimon @SusieQQQ You guys can correct me if this is totally wrong.

Hello

Sorry to learn you got denied at the end of your AP. Would you care to share the reason they gave for the denial? Of course you don't have to if you don't feel like. Anyway, best of luck as you move on with your life.

Thank you all for you r support,i wish you all the best and let you r dream
Come true at least smile for me
When you ll get you r visas i believe all you are almost on you r way to better life.All well

Hello

Strange - if I remember correctly you are from EU member state Slovenia, hence the US would have full and unlimited access to your information for the AP security review. No reason for the process to drag on for so long, except in cases where available security information needs to be cross-checked.
Anyways, best of luck.

Strange - if I remember correctly you are from EU member state Slovenia, hence the US would have full and unlimited access to your information for the AP security review. No reason for the process to drag on for so long, except in cases where available security information needs to be cross-checked.
Anyways, best of luck.

It's not just your home country that they are concerned with. Travel history or ties to certain countries will increase AP timelines.

It's not just your home country that they are concerned with. Travel history or ties to certain countries will increase AP timelines.
Right. Quite the type of security information all member states collect on their citizens (and other foreign residents). Obviously, the "automatic cross EU member information sharing part" is not yet quite there yet (as clearly evidenced in conjunction with recent Paris and Brussels terrorist attacks), yet nevertheless the US should have no issues whatsoever to speedily receive targeted personal security clearance information from any EU member state, if so requested on a bi-lateral basis. Anyway, it is what it is for Jakelexani's case...

@Britsimon @EURO2014 My wife and I are from South Africa and Spain respectively. Neither of use has even had a speeding fine. I have traveled through out the southern parts of Africa, and she had been to South America. And right now, it has almost been 5 months since they have put us under AP.

What I am trying to say is I think AP length causation is very difficult to define. It could be an extensive check. It could also be the consulate is very overworked. Or maybe it is a lazy CO. When I finally come out of AP, I will detail everything on this forum. Maybe we can get a better insight into this process...

@Britsimon @EURO2014 My wife and I are from South Africa and Spain respectively. Neither of use has even had a speeding fine. I have traveled through out the southern parts of Africa, and she had been to South America. And right now, it has almost been 5 months since they have put us under AP.

What I am trying to say is I think AP length causation is very difficult to define. It could be an extensive check. It could also be the consulate is very overworked. Or maybe it is a lazy CO. When I finally come out of AP, I will detail everything on this forum. Maybe we can get a better insight into this process...

Your case is quite unlike other cases here.

With your case we know what caused the AP (at least initially) and cannot understand what the heck they are doing to resolve it.
Sometimes AP is for a missing document. The document is supplied, and the AP ends. As long as the AP hasn't crossed a month end, that process is usually quick.
With other cases we are less aware of why the AP started, but "background checks" is the best guess (and that is what Euro and I were discussing).
In all cases AP is difficult to predict precisely and everyone would always like better answers, but the reality is we can't give better answers because we are not always privvy to why the AP started and what is going on behind the scenes.

Honestly I doubt we will ever be able to provide satisfactory answers about AP.