• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

I checked my Dv-260 by coincidence and i found this, my wife has two entry one completed and the other is not. is this normal ?o_O
open

Hello everybody

130 days today and still waiting from Eu i don t know what else to think, several updates ans status changed still in AP i hope this end soon

I checked my Dv-260 by coincidence and i found this, my wife has two entry one completed and the other is not. is this normal ?o_O
open

No. I assume she is the derivative - so it sounds like you added a derivative when completing the DS260.

Hello everybody

130 days today and still waiting from Eu i don t know what else to think, several updates ans status changed still in AP i hope this end soon
Yes, indeed your case seems to encounter long AP security clearance processing, possibly caused by the fact that your name check triggered ID questions which in turn then required additional review and clearance procedures. Nevertheless, under normal circumstances objective is to complete even this extended process within 120 days. However, there are exceptions to the stated objective and your AP process unfortunately seems to fall into this category. Please keep in mind that your hard deadline is September 30th, though. Best of luck!

@harryokid Yes, they kept my passport. But I have just recently asked for it back. @Britsimon: I have no idea what they are doing. I have tried calling them multiple times. All I can do is wait: I am totally at their mercy, so I am not gonna get hung up about it as whatever will happen will happen (nothing I can do about it).

dear friends.
I want to ask about the differences between processing time and administrative process since some embassy have long processing time ( baghdad embassy 60 working date) they dont tell you if you are under AP or its just Processing time.

dear friends.
I want to ask about the differences between processing time and administrative process since some embassy have long processing time ( baghdad embassy 60 working date) they dont tell you if you are under AP or its just Processing time.

A delay of a few days is "processing time". Longer than that is AP.

thank you for the reply. but why the embassy give you congratulation letter? and even I pay the fee of green card.

thank you for the reply. but why the embassy give you congratulation letter? and even I pay the fee of green card.

I guess upon review after the interview they realized there was something they wanted to check. We always say to people, until the visa is in your hand you should not take it for granted. I would certainly not have advised you to pay the GC fee so fast!

? How can you pay the green card fee without the visa? You need your A-number to pay it and you only get that with the visa.

after interview they give me alien registration and dose number of all family member.

Can anyone else tell me if they ever heard of people being given alien numbers without visas? I've never heard of this before. Normally you only get your A number when you get your visa package back. Why on earth would they issue an A number to someone who doesn't have a visa???

(As an aside it seems Baghdad, like London and now Sydney, doesn't require children under 14 to appear in person for IV interviews. I know this observation doesn't really belong here...)

(As an aside it seems Baghdad, like London and now Sydney, doesn't require children under 14 to appear in person for IV interviews. I know this observation doesn't really belong here...)
yes they dont need children under 16.
after the interview they give you a paper for each member of the family with the Alien Registration no.

Can anyone else tell me if they ever heard of people being given alien numbers without visas? I've never heard of this before. Normally you only get your A number when you get your visa package back. Why on earth would they issue an A number to someone who doesn't have a visa???
I have the same question.

Baghdad's practice is that of putting the cart before the horse - beyond ridiculous!