• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

I m also from Baghdad and paid the GC even i m still on AP according to alien number provided at interview , i know at the end of the month the allocation for visa is return back to DOS if one put on AP , so my quetsion is the Alien and DOS number that were given at the interview mean they will be in same visa allocation or not related ( return to DOs or remain at embassy )? In other word , dose these numbers give a little pit more hope in speed up get visa after clearance from AP ?
Even in miliSecond lol

I m also from Baghdad and paid the GC even i m still on AP according to alien number provided at interview , i know at the end of the month the allocation for visa is return back to DOS if one put on AP , so my quetsion is the Alien and DOS number that were given at the interview mean they will be in same visa allocation or not related ( return to DOs or remain at embassy )? In other word , dose these numbers give a little pit more hope in speed up get visa after clearance from AP ?
Even in miliSecond lol

That's actually a very interesting question. If you have an A number it does imply to my mind at least that you can't "lose" your visa number. Simon, any thoughts?

May Baghdad embassy use this clever way in order not to lose the visa allocations ? As the winners are dr , and the CO said it is so cool to have two DV visa for dr ! And also the CO told me to pay the fees online .
As i see for all doctors winners that I knew them here for this and previous years , all them were at AP ( till now i know 5 persons ) .
just my simple estimation .

Last edited:
Mr.Simon ,
When i was browsing the old emails from the embassy , i noticed that ,
After interview they sent me inquiry about my brothers names and last tens years travel history with years of travels ,
I had already answered these questions at a paper in the interview provided by CO BUT i found that i was uninttended mis-spelling of one my brother name ( forget last word in his name cuz i replied to email from ipad and was so confused as they told me i m at AP ) also one year of travel to 2014 instead of 2015 .
I provided the same questions at paper with no these mistakes and on email i did misspelling ,
dose this mean i am not give correct information ?!!!
(The year of travel was at passport and my brother name clearly show i mis spell just last word)!! ! , my another question shill i send them email explain that or not ? Ur opinion

Even in miliSecond lol
That's actually a very interesting question. If you have an A number it does imply to my mind at least that you can't "lose" your visa number. Simon, any thoughts?

To be honest, I'm not sure what the heck Baghdad is doing. Perhaps they have some sort of different process - so perhaps the end of month "accounting" does not apply to them. Because it is just one embassy, it's hard to guess.

Mr.Simon ,
When i was browsing the old emails from the embassy , i noticed that ,
After interview they sent me inquiry about my brothers names and last tens years travel history with years of travels ,
I had already answered these questions at a paper in the interview provided by CO BUT i found that i was uninttended mis-spelling of one my brother name ( forget last word in his name cuz i replied to email from ipad and was so confused as they told me i m at AP ) also one year of travel to 2014 instead of 2015 .
I provided the same questions at paper with no these mistakes and on email i did misspelling ,
dose this mean i am not give correct information ?!!!
(The year of travel was at passport and my brother name clearly show i mis spell just last word)!! ! , my another question shill i send them email explain that or not ? Ur opinion

Personally, I wouldn't contact them. You are just guessing that this might be an issue they are looking in to. It might not be. Your contact could just add fuel on a fire, which might be almost over. It's your call....

I am DV winner of 2016 from Eritrea. Since the US Embassy in our country didn't handle the DV CASE, I have done the interview on 18, Feb 2016 in US Embassy of Addis ababa, Ethiopia. The CO put my case in AP. My case updated once in 19th of Feb,since then there is NO update.I send an email to the embassy but they didn't replied it. How long does the AP take ?

I am DV winner of 2016 from Eritrea. Since the US Embassy in our country didn't handle the DV CASE, I have done the interview on 18, Feb 2016 in US Embassy of Addis ababa, Ethiopia. The CO put my case in AP. My case updated once in 19th of Feb,since then there is NO update.I send an email to the embassy but they didn't replied it. How long does the AP take ?

As you can read in this thread - the time of AP varies from a few days to a few months. The updates in CEAC are meaningless, and there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. Patience is all....

@Alem1991 140 ? ! - that makes me very optimistic - I am only at 77
@bazsouthafrica - did you reach 120 yet ?
@Britsimon Simon from your experience are AP wait times becoming longer and longer?

I think the longer periods of AP are similar to the waiting times seen routinely for Iranian cases. Last year and the year before we were seeing 4 to 5 month delays for those cases. They are about the same this year. Where your case is in AP for those types of reasons (enhanced background checks) you can probably expect that sort of timeline. Given the fears over terrorism, I can't imagine those checks would have become shorter and there is a chance that there are longer timelines even due to volume of workload.

Many APs cases for different reasons resolve much faster than that (and Baz in particular is experiencing a bizarre delay). BUT once your AP has gone over a couple of months (without you being asked to provide a missing document of any sort), it really is fairly clear that it is a background check type of AP, and for those it is not a shock to see cases resolving after 4 to 5 months.

@Britsimon Thank you sir, Baz (119days) and I (77days) are processed in the same place (Montreal - Canada) so it makes me believe that I will be waiting like BAZ at least 120 days. I have lived in Canada (Canadian Citizen for 20 + years) however applied based on being born in Poland and I do not see how "they" would have a problem confirming my documents that I provided on initial interview. I had everything in order and was not asked for any additional stuff. Was also told that Visa will be issued next day. Is it possible that my wife is dragging my AP - her background check may be a little more challenging since she is from Philippines ?

In our embassy from my survey
Case 2012 AP 112 days then issued . . My friend .
Case 2015 AP 108 days then issued . . From data base .
Case 2015 AP 60 days then issued . . From data base .
Case 2015 AP 165 days then issued . . My friend .
My case till now 47 days .
First , Most cases are approved after AP ( but not all ) . From britsimon says .
Second , we are more luck than those will be on AP near the physical year end . ( still have a time and visa didnt not reach the 50k)
Third , last two month are the months of clearance of AP , I think and hope our visa on hand before that date .

@gabam was on AP nearly 7 months! So - no records yet this year in this forum ;)

It is kinda strange both of bblo and baz are via Montreal. I don't recall Montreal really coming up as a "problem" embassy in the past, and quite honestly I wouldn't have thought any of SA, Poland or the Phillipines are difficult cases. That said I know of one case in London where they were waiting on Portugal to confirm high school docs and that went on past the 3 or 4 months that was left in the fiscal year for that unfortunate person :(

Hoping you both get resolved quickly.

@Britsimon Thank you sir, Baz (119days) and I (77days) are processed in the same place (Montreal - Canada) so it makes me believe that I will be waiting like BAZ at least 120 days. I have lived in Canada (Canadian Citizen for 20 + years) however applied based on being born in Poland and I do not see how "they" would have a problem confirming my documents that I provided on initial interview. I had everything in order and was not asked for any additional stuff. Was also told that Visa will be issued next day. Is it possible that my wife is dragging my AP - her background check may be a little more challenging since she is from Philippines ?

It's hard to tell why. One of the possible factors is someone with a similar name being on a no fly list or something like that.

I think you have probably seen the info from Martin about name checks - but if not I have included a link below.

Like Susie, it is intriguing that Montreal is involved in both cases. They (the embassy) might simply be struggling with procedures, or batching their work in some way. However, all we can do is speculate - and of course, be patient.

http://britsimonsays.com/administrative-processing-fbi-name-checks/