• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello i am a Kenyan and my wife was one of the winners of 2015 but in her application she only submitted my name-husband and unknowingly missed the name of our children. In filing the ds-260 form can we include that we have children and their names in the family category and they are not immigrating with us ? If this disqualifies us then can what is the option available because we can not pay the fee in vain.

What do you mean she "unknowingly missed the name of our children"? Like she didn't know you guys have kids or you had the kids after the submission?:confused:

Anyway, failure to list your existing spouse or kids at the time of the eDV registration is ground for denial at the time of the interview. There's no 'safe way' to handle this. You cannot submit the DS form and not list the children as that will be perpetuating the lie originally told on the eDV application. You also cannot go ahead and list them on the form and indicate that they are not immigrating with you. That is another lie as no parent with qualified children will immigrate and leave their children behind and that option also shows the IO you/your failed to follow the eDV instruction of listing all your children at the time of the registration.

The only option available to you is to forget about this selection and try again with DV2016 and this time be sure to follow the instructions.

Hello ,

the first guideline is specific for the i-864 form . The second one doesn't say any about that . Any experience with that ? which one is used for the i-134 form ?

Thanks !

Yes the listed guideline is specific to the form I-864, it is however equally applicable to form I-134. It's the only guideline in use and it gets updated yearly.

Hi Brisimon ,
May I ask one question, I don’t really understand the poverty guidelines, I mean is the person which ever states who lives can fill up the affidavit support to the person who is going to live any state other than the person who fill up the affidavit form , besides is the poverty guideline of state will be considered for the person who is going to reside permanently or the person’s residing state who fill up the affidavit form for the dv winner?
Anyway I am a bit confused:
If a dv winner can get a person to fill the affidavit for him who lives other state than the dv winners want to live permanently ?
Or the dv winner should reside where the person’s state who signed the affidavit form for him, because the person who is going to sing for me is living another state and the person’s state whom I gave to live permanently is different ?
Rolex123

The applicable guideline is related to the State of the person issuing it. Depending on the kind of support the sponsor indicates they're willing to provide, you don't necessarily have to live in the same State with him/her.

Hello i am a Kenyan and my wife was one of the winners of 2015 but in her application she only submitted my name-husband and unknowingly missed the name of our children. In filing the ds-260 form can we include that we have children and their names in the family category and they are not immigrating with us ? If this disqualifies us then can what is the option available because we can not pay the fee in vain.

The website (and indeed the original instructions) state unequivocally that this will lead to a disqualification.
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
As sm1smom said, your only option is to forget about this year and apply again, and be sure to read the instructions properly before filling in the entry next time, especially the bit about filling in all children under 21 whether or not they live with you and whether or not they will immigrate with you.

Usually is a denial case ! But they ask you to do a DNA test to prove the paternity ...
So its your choice to go a head and see...

Vladdy my friend, what are you saying here? They only do paternity tests for people trying to prove the children are theirs when there is some doubt about it, not when they left them out of the application. They are very clear this is always denial. They do not say "may" be disqualified, they say "will": "If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas.

Vladdy my friend, what are you saying here? They only do paternity tests for people trying to prove the children are theirs when there is some doubt about it, not when they left them out of the application. They are very clear this is always denial. They do not say "may" be disqualified, they say "will": "If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas.

I remember there was a case about the DNA test !
May be it wasnt a similar case than :(
So than now its clear now.
Thanks susie

Hello guys ,
on the ds-260 form , I did not write a place (address) I stayed for two weeks in my one year stay (same city) in Italy . Would the police certificate I would be required to bring from would include that (places stayed) ,and hence create a discrepancy with the form ? Should I send then a request to edit my ds-260 form ?
Thanks !

A couple of small question to all:

1 my private school were I did my degree is closed now for bankrupt. What I have to write on the ds260? There's no more contact.
2 on the military I was left at home for over numbers what I have to write in the ds 260?
3some of my older job company doesn't exist anymore. What address and telephone should I write?

For vaccination. My children are not vaccinated and we want no vaccinate them. If I fill I601 for religious belief, how many possibility I have to get GC?
Thanks
O

1 my private school were I did my degree is closed now for bankrupt. What I have to write on the ds260? There's no more contact.
2 on the military I was left at home for over numbers what I have to write in the ds 260?
3some of my older job company doesn't exist anymore. What address and telephone should I write?

For vaccination. My children are not vaccinated and we want no vaccinate them. If I fill I601 for religious belief, how many possibility I have to get GC?
Thanks
O

1. Write the details anyway. They can check on whether the school was legitimate or not, so they don't need to contact the school.
2. Not sure what you mean.
3. As above, write the details anyway.
4 Re vaccinations. You can apply for a waiver for vaccibations, but you may find that takes a long time. If you want to go down that path, I suggest you do it asap.

Thanks for answers
About 2: i was left at home because in my year there were so much people called for military service that they decide to leave at home a lot. Me as well.

Do you know which vaccinations are mandatory? I called the medical institute in my country. They told me that they cannot vaccinate child below 15 yo. So they required the suggested vaccination...in my country 4: tetan difte epathite b polio but the American site requires from 9 to 11 vaccinations. Who is right? If I fill I601 how long can take to have GC if approved?

Do you know which vaccinations are mandatory? I called the medical institute in my country. They told me that they cannot vaccinate child below 15 yo. So they required the suggested vaccination...in my country 4: tetan difte epathite b polio but the American site requires from 9 to 11 vaccinations. Who is right? If I fill I601 how long can take to have GC if approved?

This is confusing. Are you against vaccinations for religious reasons or not? If they suspect you are lying about this to get a waiver it will not be approved. Reports from people previously is that it is a difficult and long process to get the waiver. You may be successful or you may not. Also I am not sure how far in advance you can file for a waiver as a DV selectee. If you look here : http://www.uscis.gov/i-601-addresses , the only option for a DV winner seems to be if you have received a denial at interview and are looking to remedy that. That could be a deal breaker given the timing issues with DV, especially if you have an interview later in the year. (Edit: I did a bit of a search and it looks like my conclusion here is correct; it seems for any immigrant visa application you cannot do the waiver in advance. You get refused with a note that a waiver is available, and then you apply for the waiver.)

Do a google search for CDC immigrant vaccinations. It lists the required vaccinations. Not all are required by all applicants though (depending on age etc). The panel doctor will administer vaccines as necessary to each applicant. You will not be able to skip the medicals even if you get a vaccination waiver as they do other checks as well.

Last edited:

Thanks
O

Failure to immunize your kids as part of the required medical exam makes them, and by extension you inadmissible under INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iii). Yes, you may file a waiver under religious grounds, however, the waiver cannot be filed prior to your interview date:
  • Waiver of ineligibility—INA 212(g). If an immigrant visa applicant is inadmissible under INA 212(a)(1)(A)(i), (ii), or (iii) but is qualified to seek the benefits of INA 212(g)(1)(A) or (B), 212(g)(2)(C), or 212(g)(3), the consular officer shall inform the alien of the procedure for applying to DHS for relief under the applicable provision of law. A visa may not be issued to the alien until the consular officer has received notification from DHS of the approval of the alien's application under INA 212(g), unless the consular officer has been delegated authority by the Secretary of Homeland Security to grant the particular waiver under INA 212(g).
Of-course like Susie posted above, you will need to attend the interview first and be found inadmissible before you can file an I-601. Following the denial, the steps for filing are:
  • An applicant seeking a waiver under INA 212(g)(2)(C) (8 U.S.C. 1182(g)(2)(C)) must:
    Complete the Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility;
  • Provide written evidence that he or she qualifies for a waiver under INA 212(g)(2)(C) (8 U.S.C. 1182(g)(2)(C)) by meeting the three below requirements. If the waiver application is for a child, the parents must satisfy these requirements:
    (a) He or she is opposed to vaccinations in any form;
    (b) The objections are based on religious belief or moral convictions (whether or not the applicant is a member; and
    (c) The religious belief or moral conviction (whether or not as part of a recognized religion) is sincere.
  • Once the post receives the completed Form I-601 from the applicant, the post should send the entire waiver package to the USCIS office abroad having jurisdiction over the consular district.
  • The post will collect from the applicant the USCIS waiver fee indicated in 8 CFR 103.7, either in the form of a cashier’s check in the amount payable to USCIS or in cash, and provide the applicant with a receipt.
  • If USCIS approves the waiver, and the applicant has no other ineligibilities, you may issue the visa.
source: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86936.pdf

Bearing in mind the cost and long drawn out process involved with filing an I-601 and the high possibility of a denial, you might as well forget about getting a GC or immigrating to the US if you're not willing to get your kids immunized.

Hi there,
I am selected for the DV2015 with case number: EUooo14***, initially i entered the lottery as a SINGLE but my girlfriend and I planning to get married in May 2015. How should I submit correctly DS260 in order to take my future wife with me? Thank you in advance!

Hi there,
I am selected for the DV2015 with case number: EUooo14***, initially i entered the lottery as a SINGLE but my girlfriend and I planning to get married in May 2015. How should I submit correctly DS260 in order to take my future wife with me? Thank you in advance!

Hi, this is my first post over here, but I think you should wait and get married before submitting the DS-260 form. Based on the info for DV2014, your number should be called on february, maybe march. If you submit your application on may, you should allow at least three weeks to enter the system, then you should be called at any moment. They will notify you 4 to 6 weeks in advance. So far we have, apply in may, enter the system in june, receive notification letter, get interviewed in july. These are my guesstimates, I hope someone with more experience can confirm or deny this. Good luck! ;)

PD. You can add your wife on the CEAC website, then on your application you should indicate that you're married and that she's immigrating with you.

Dear Sirs,

I would like to ask about if i filled the DS-260 but i made a mistake in the education question i put only my University degree details but I didn't add the secondary school details, so what shall i do? is it a big problem?

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post over here, but I think you should wait and get married before submitting the DS-260 form. Based on the info for DV2014, your number should be called on february, maybe march. If you submit your application on may, you should allow at least three weeks to enter the system, then you should be called at any moment. They will notify you 4 to 6 weeks in advance. So far we have, apply in may, enter the system in june, receive notification letter, get interviewed in july. These are my guesstimates, I hope someone with more experience can confirm or deny this. Good luck! ;)

PD. You can add your wife on the CEAC website, then on your application you should indicate that you're married and that she's immigrating with you.

Your timeline is wrong. KCC needs at least a month to process the form, and it will schedule appointments about 2 months in advance. If he wants an interview in July he should submit early April at the latest.

Btw: They don't schedule appointments as they complete processing each application, they do it in monthly batches. So if he missed the batch for July, he ends up in August - you seem to think they do a rolling schedule, they don't.

Your timeline is wrong. KCC needs at least a month to process the form, and it will schedule appointments about 2 months in advance. If he wants an interview in July he should submit early April at the latest.

Btw: They don't schedule appointments as they complete processing each application, they do it in monthly batches. So if he missed the batch for July, he ends up in August - you seem to think they do a rolling schedule, they don't.

I see, so it would be advisable to get married earlier in order to save some time.

the school in which i went to to get my high school diploma has been closed years ago....the address where it used to be at is now being occupied by a restaurant, what should i fill in the address section ? i am afraid that the CO will pay a visit to my school to confirm its existence...anyone ?

and speaking of ds 260 is there a deadline for the submission of it ? thanks in advance :)

the school in which i went to to get my high school diploma has been closed years ago....the address where it used to be at is now being occupied by a restaurant, what should i fill in the address section ? i am afraid that the CO will pay a visit to my school to confirm its existence...anyone ?

and speaking of ds 260 is there a deadline for the submission of it ? thanks in advance :)

For goodness sake please enter the schools address exactly as it was. Anything else would be suspicious. If there is any concern about the school, the embassy has other ways to check the school records.

No there is no deadline as such, but in theory you might leave it too late. Around April may of next year is about the latest I would submit the forms.