• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Dear Sirs,

I would like to ask about if i filled the DS-260 but i made a mistake in the education question i put only my University degree details but I didn't add the secondary school details, so what shall i do? is it a big problem?

Thanks

You should correct that. If you have submitted the firm you will need to request tha it is unlocked for your correction.

When an applicant gets an interview notification, do they get any link to medical forms with that message ? Is it a good idea to book medical at any time or to wait for the notification letter to arrive ? The embassy instructions state not to book a medical exam till you have been scheduled for a visa interview ? Any light on this ?

When an applicant gets an interview notification, do they get any link to medical forms with that message ? Is it a good idea to book medical at any time or to wait for the notification letter to arrive ? The embassy instructions state not to book a medical exam till you have been scheduled for a visa interview ? Any light on this ?

When your CN becomes current or you get your 2NL, you contact your PD to schedule the medical. The PD will give you the applicable medical form.

Your best bet is to always follow embassy /KCC/ USCIS instructions....
Why are you even asking if it is a good idea to ignore what they say?

You should correct that. If you have submitted the firm you will need to request tha it is unlocked for your correction.
Hi,
I also did the same but why i need to add secondary school if i already add Engineering University degree 5 years which of course higher than high school???
Should i correct it or its optional???

Hi,
I also did the same but why i need to add secondary school if i already add Engineering University degree 5 years which of course higher than high school???
Should i correct it or its optional???

It isn't optional - it should be corrected. The reason is that the requirement to be met specifically refers to a level of elementary and secondary education. So, some COs have been known to pass selectees with higher degrees, but others have asked for the high school proof (which is actually more accurate).

It isn't optional - it should be corrected. The reason is that the requirement to be met specifically refers to a level of elementary and secondary education. So, some COs have been known to pass selectees with higher degrees, but others have asked for the high school proof (which is actually more accurate).

However is my University is the 2nd biggest governmental university in my country? so its impossible in my country to join this university without passing the high school with high grades as well...... Also, should i translate the certificate of the secondary school as well to English?? Or only show them my University degree???

However is my University is the 2nd biggest governmental university in my country? so its impossible in my country to join this university without passing the high school with high grades as well...... Also, should i translate the certificate of the secondary school as well to English?? Or only show them my University degree???

You are trying to argue rules with logic - that doesn't always work! :rolleyes:

Certainly you should have your secondary school certificates/info available, whether you need to translate to English or not depends where you will interview. Embassies should normally accept documents in English OR the local official language.

You are trying to argue rules with logic - that doesn't always work! :rolleyes:

Certainly you should have your secondary school certificates/info available, whether you need to translate to English or not depends where you will interview. Embassies should normally accept documents in English OR the local official language.

No , i don't need to argue with the rules, thank you for your explanation but the thing is , it doesn't make sense and its not logic that i have a higher guaranteed certificate from a big governmental Engineering University and they need a lower grade one of Sec school !!!.... So, should i contact KCC now to unlock form 260, then i add the info of my Sec. school and resubmit it again? How long time usually it takes to unlock it? Thank you for your help.

No , i don't need to argue with the rules, thank you for your explanation but the thing is , it doesn't make sense and its not logic that i have a higher guaranteed certificate from a big governmental Engineering University and they need a lower grade one of Sec school !!!.... So, should i contact KCC now to unlock form 260, then i add the info of my Sec. school and resubmit it again? How long time usually it takes to unlock it? Thank you for your help.

If I'm not mistaken the instructions tell you to list all educational institutions attended. You have not followed the instructions. DV is really such a simple visa to get...if you follow the instructions. There have been a good number of people on the forums who have been denied because....they didn't read the instructions properly so didn't follow them.
You really should follow the instructions, or you might find yourself still arguing that "it doesn't make sense" to the CO as he denies your visa.

Yes, as I previously stated, I would advise you to correct it. I don't think it will take long to unlock it - but considering your case number and country you won't be current for months anyway so you have plenty of time.

If I'm not mistaken the instructions tell you to list all educational institutions attended. You have not followed the instructions. DV is really such a simple visa to get...if you follow the instructions. There have been a good number of people on the forums who have been denied because....they didn't read the instructions properly so didn't follow them.
You really should follow the instructions, or you might find yourself still arguing that "it doesn't make sense" to the CO as he denies your visa.

Thank you Susie for your reply , again i don't argue, I'm just wondering. Anyway, I'll contact KC to unlock it and add the Sec school details.

Yes, as I previously stated, I would advise you to correct it. I don't think it will take long to unlock it - but considering your case number and country you won't be current for months anyway so you have plenty of time.

Thank you Britsimon, can you confirm me KCC e-mail which i should send them? as far as i know its: (KCCDV@state.gov) And i should mention my case no, full name, birth date...right? Anything else?

Hi All!

If my number probably will become current in October-2014, do anyone have an approximate idea of when you will be notify? August? September? what happens previous years?

Thanks in advance

Hi All!

If my number probably will become current in October-2014, do anyone have an approximate idea of when you will be notify? August? September? what happens previous years?

Thanks in advance

The numbers for October will be released in about 2 to 3 weeks. We usually get the numbers here slightly ahead of the official VB release. The notifications are sent out by email about a week after the VB is published. The email itself does not contain the appointment details, it simply advises the recipient to check the ESC (status check) website. So, if you are current in October you will have your 2NL around mid August.