• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

1. Unless you have done the medical required already your answer should be NO. YOu should not have the medical until you see your number is current (around 1 year from now.
2. If you were over 16 and lived in a foreign country for more than 12 months then you might need a police certificate. All clearly detailed here http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
3. You have your interview wherever you live. THat doesn't affect much but you may need more translations of documents as they should be on Englisjh or the local official language where you interview. English is safest.

AF71k in 2014 just went current for September. So - you can expect the same sort of time next year - September interview.
All my docs are in English. I guess i just have to seat back and relax with my fingers crossed. 1 year is a pretty long time for a lot to happen.
thank you Britsimon

Hello there, i have master of arts degree in social anthropology but i do not have the original certificate of the degree. Instead i got only a letter or a temporary certificate which certifies that i am graduated from Addis Ababa University in social anthropology with Master of Arts Degree. Do the embassy accept this letter or temporary degree? if not what shall i do?

Try to get the Temporary. but what is important is the minimum that is highschool certificate grade 10 and 12. highschool and preparatory certificate

Hello there, i have master of arts degree in social anthropology but i do not have the original certificate of the degree. Instead i got only a letter or a temporary certificate which certifies that i am graduated from Addis Ababa University in social anthropology with Master of Arts Degree. Do the embassy accept this letter or temporary degree? if not what shall i do?

They will want to see you high school level certificates and any certificates or transcripts after that.

They will want to see you high school level certificates and any certificates or transcripts after that.
hi Britsimon, thank you

i have original cert. of high school and Bachelor degree. what i don't have now is the original cert. for my MA degree

But being very qualified could help you prove that you won't become a public charge. The temporary degree would probably suffice for this purpose, I guess.

But being very qualified could help you prove that you won't become a public charge. The temporary degree would probably suffice for this purpose, I guess.

Maybe and maybe not, really depends on the CO he or she ends up with. Ph.D students processing AOS sometimes get asked to provide an affidavit as prove they will not become a public charge.

I know what you are getting at (which is thea higher liklihood of the CO assuming someone very qualified would have no issue getting well paid), but in practice a qualification is not "proof" that someone will avoid becoming a public charge. So, as Mom is saying someone highly qualified might be able to provide proof that they will not become a public charge and showing a higher degree will not satisfy that need.

Hi There,

I see that my question in relation to translation to supporting documents got overlooked. Any answers or ideas ?

I am going to get about 5-6 documents translated into English. The translations will be done by the same person so

1) is it sufficient to get one statement from the translator in relation to their competence and accuracy or does every translation have to bear the statement that translation is accurate and translator has competency to translate ?
2) do we have to get the original document, its photocopy and one translation to the interview, therefore 3 copies for each document or do we have an additional copy of a translation, 4 copies for each document ?

Cheers and thanks for help

Hi Brisimon ,
May I ask one question, I don’t really understand the poverty guidelines, I mean is the person which ever states who lives can fill up the affidavit support to the person who is going to live any state other than the person who fill up the affidavit form , besides is the poverty guideline of state will be considered for the person who is going to reside permanently or the person’s residing state who fill up the affidavit form for the dv winner?
Anyway I am a bit confused:
If a dv winner can get a person to fill the affidavit for him who lives other state than the dv winners want to live permanently ?
Or the dv winner should reside where the person’s state who signed the affidavit form for him, because the person who is going to sing for me is living another state and the person’s state whom I gave to live permanently is different ?
Rolex123

Hello i am a Kenyan and my wife was one of the winners of 2015 but in her application she only submitted my name-husband and unknowingly missed the name of our children. In filing the ds-260 form can we include that we have children and their names in the family category and they are not immigrating with us ? If this disqualifies us then can what is the option available because we can not pay the fee in vain.
Usually is a denial case ! But they ask you to do a DNA test to prove the paternity ...
So its your choice to go a head and see...