• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Dear Britsimon

I was wondering if you could tell me your opinion about my situation

I'm a DV selecte with CN 2015AF77XXX

Do I have a chance to get the visa?

thanks

Dear Britsimon

I was wondering if you could tell me your opinion about my situation

I'm a DV selecte with CN 2015AF77XXX

Do I have a chance to get the visa?

thanks

Of course you have a chance. However, since you are so close to the cutoff for this year it is not a slam dunk certainty - just a good chance. You would most likely have a September 2015 interview.

Although I'm not "new" here, this is my first post as a 2015 DV participant in this forum. So greetings to all. I have been keeping my eye on the "September 2014 Last Chapter" thread for months now and it really was hard to see people loose out at the final stretch. This year, I also have the unfortunate misfortune of belonging to the Backbencher's Club with a CN of AF84xxx. Britsimon, I saw somewhere among the plethora of posts you have made, you predict a cutoff of 100k for Africa 2015. Is this because of Nigeria not participating this year's lottery? I know it might be too early to ask , but from the last results I haven't given up, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm from South Africa.

Hi Guys,
I'm from Egypt with CN AF 16xxx..I have filled form DS260 already, can any experienced one could predict my interview date? Will it be in Feb 2015 for example? Thanks in advance.

Although I'm not "new" here, this is my first post as a 2015 DV participant in this forum. So greetings to all. I have been keeping my eye on the "September 2014 Last Chapter" thread for months now and it really was hard to see people loose out at the final stretch. This year, I also have the unfortunate misfortune of belonging to the Backbencher's Club with a CN of AF84xxx. Britsimon, I saw somewhere among the plethora of posts you have made, you predict a cutoff of 100k for Africa 2015. Is this because of Nigeria not participating this year's lottery? I know it might be too early to ask , but from the last results I haven't given up, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm from South Africa.

Over the past year, I have predicted many numbers, and obviously you tend to get swept up in the emotional aspects. A few months ago I was thinking that AF might cutoff as early as 85k I think I only shared that fear with Vladek, because it seemed way too negative. I was also thinking that 90s were possible and I was hopeful, especially recently that there would be a big jump to get to 100k ish. Rafikbo is at 102k and emotionally I wanted him to get his chance because he has done so much in providing the CEAC data. So with low density at higher number ranges, I became convinced that others would be more accurate than my own horrible gut feeling and that is why I started going with 100k as the target.

Now then, this year, Nigeria is out. A large country like that has multiple impacts to this process. One impact is their visas become available for all regions, so that is positive for high numbers (all regions). However another impact is that because Nigeria was limited in the draw AND had high fraud levels it created a lot of holes. The lack of those holes is negative for high cn holders in AF.

So I don't know the highest AF cn yet, but I suspect it should be around 100k in 2015. Your number is higher in the range than last year, I.e, 85 out of 100 is higher than 85 out of 116. And as I mentioned the density below your number will be higher than last year.

For all those reasons I imagine your number is riskier than 85k last year, despite the additional visas. However is is a very complicated equation with even more factors than I am mentioning, so all you can do is wait. If I were you I would try and put this all out of your mind for a few months at least. This is a long waiting game and you will have to wait for about 1 year from nw. Best of luck to you!

Thank you a lot Rolex...kindly, would you like to double confirm my understanding that for example this Visa Bulletin For March is launched in Jan ..right? and the date shown the interview month...right?

Not quite - and it is confusing.

The VBs are named - so the one just recently published is "the August" visa bulletin. It was released in July, and covers the August and September months.

Hi,

I was selected for 2015 CN 14XXX - AS, based on the last released VB, do I have a chance of becoming current next year? will there be a light @ the end of the tunnel?

Thanks.

I am a registered Nurse in Sudan. But not qualified in US. I am a winner of DV2015 Am I qualify for DV does the Labor certification required for DV winners?

I am a registered Nurse in Sudan. But not qualified in US. I am a winner of DV2015 Am I qualify for DV does the Labor certification required for DV winners?

You're not doing an employment based GC application, so labor certification is not required. However, in order to practice nursing in the US, you will need to go back to school and be certified in the US.

The educational qualification requirement for DV is a High School diploma equivalent to US 12 years of high school, or 2 years work experience in the past 5 years.

Hi everyone!

Congrats on being selected in the 2015 lottery! I was selected in the 2014 lottery and am leaving for the US in less than two weeks. I made a site about my experiences from application until now which has proved helpful to other winners. If you want to check it out - www.americanstateofmine.com
Feel free to reach out on the contact form too!

Hi guys,

1.) In filling the DS260 form, i came across a questions which demanded if I have undergone any medical examination recognised by the U.S and if No, why? But many advice it is good to arrange for medicals after the interview date has been scheduled. So how do i answer this question?

2.) I also came across another question demanding the listing of all places I have lived since age 16. I have been out for Education, Seminars and Research trips which all lasted between 3 to 9 months to other countries and other areas within my home country. Am I supposed to list all these areas as places i have lived in? or does this question simply refers to permanent change of addresses?

3.) Again, I’m currently resident in another where i want my interview. Does a situation like this have any influence on KCC scheduling your interview?
Of course you have a chance. However, since you are so close to the cutoff for this year it is not a slam dunk certainty - just a good chance. You would most likely have a September 2015 interview.
Hi
I'm actually new here and I'm from Cameroon with CN 2015AF00071***. However, I'm currently resident in the UAE where I would like to have my interview. Can this have an influence on my interview date and do I have any chance.

Hi guys,

1.) In filling the DS260 form, i came across a questions which demanded if I have undergone any medical examination recognised by the U.S and if No, why? But many advice it is good to arrange for medicals after the interview date has been scheduled. So how do i answer this question?

2.) I also came across another question demanding the listing of all places I have lived since age 16. I have been out for Education, Seminars and Research trips which all lasted between 3 to 9 months to other countries and other areas within my home country. Am I supposed to list all these areas as places i have lived in? or does this question simply refers to permanent change of addresses?

3.) Again, I’m currently resident in another where i want my interview. Does a situation like this have any influence on KCC scheduling your interview?

Hi
I'm actually new here and I'm from Cameroon with CN 2015AF00071***. However, I'm currently resident in the UAE where I would like to have my interview. Can this have an influence on my interview date and do I have any chance.

1. Unless you have done the medical required already your answer should be NO. YOu should not have the medical until you see your number is current (around 1 year from now.
2. If you were over 16 and lived in a foreign country for more than 12 months then you might need a police certificate. All clearly detailed here http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
3. You have your interview wherever you live. THat doesn't affect much but you may need more translations of documents as they should be on Englisjh or the local official language where you interview. English is safest.

AF71k in 2014 just went current for September. So - you can expect the same sort of time next year - September interview.

hey,Britsimon
is this a lower case or uppper am new here please help. 2015AF00038***

That is a pretty good number as the max AF numbers will be around 95 - 100k. However, some countries are limited so if you are from Ethiopia or Egypt then the number is not so good.

Hi all

My wife was selected for further processing with CN 2015AF00062xxx. We are from South Africa. This seems to be a pretty high number, but within the cutoff predictions posted of +/-100k. Judging by the DV2014 bulletin, this would put our interview roughly in Aug 2015 right? This also seems pretty late, should we not get our hopes up too high?

Hi all

My wife was selected for further processing with CN 2015AF00062xxx. We are from South Africa. This seems to be a pretty high number, but within the cutoff predictions posted of +/-100k. Judging by the DV2014 bulletin, this would put our interview roughly in Aug 2015 right? This also seems pretty late, should we not get our hopes up too high?

You'll be fine with that number. Are you aware of the SAUSA forums for SA winners?