• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

So far there hasnt really been proof of winners so we will have to wait until tmrw or the end of the week to really find out

Happy New Year everyone and best of luck in this new year
Hi everybody. I was a DV2014 winner but I've been checking and following my sister-in-law's case. She won with 2016SAxxxxx9xxx. I haven't seen yet any other winner from SA for the DV2016. She's got a pretty low number so we expect her to have her interview in january, next year.

Good luck and Good night

Well the numbers are in and we have increased just 100 that leaves us with 2 more months for those above 1375 we can only hope that the last 2 months the increase is by 250 for each month which very much possible so we must have every thing ready because there would be little time for AP. Lets hope for the best.

Hi, I'm Tatiana from Buenos Aires, Argentina. DV lottery 2015 winner! i've sent the DS 260 form in july and i'm still waiting for the second letter, but im starting to lose my hopes :(

Good luck everybody

Hi, I'm Tatiana from Buenos Aires, Argentina. DV lottery 2015 winner! i've sent the DS 260 form in july and i'm still waiting for the second letter, but im starting to lose my hopes :(

Good luck everybody
Hola Tatiana.. mas o menos cual es el rango de tu numero de caso CN?.. en realidad ha sido terrible la espera de ser llamado, al parecer tuvimos la suerte de salir en la DV lottery mas inusual de todas las anteriores. SUERTE!

Hola Tatiana.. mas o menos cual es el rango de tu numero de caso CN?.. en realidad ha sido terrible la espera de ser llamado, al parecer tuvimos la suerte de salir en la DV lottery mas inusual de todas las anteriores. SUERTE!

This is an English speaking forum, so post in English only please

Hi, my CN is around 13**. I consider that i'm always close to the cut-off number (the biggest has been 1075) but without lucky yet. I hope to be lucky in june or at least in july, or i'll lose my faith definitely.

I have some doubts, maybe some of you can help me:

-as i've seen in other forms, we have approximately 2 months between the second letter and the consular interview, is it correct?

-Where can i check the "Unlock date", or is it only available when I receive the 2nd NL?

-and the last one, the web where you can check you status, doesn't allows me to put my CN, says that's its invalid/wrong, but the information that i put is correct. Is it possible that they have technical problems?

thank U very much, as you can see, I'm a bit lose jeje

hi all I am pleased to see SA I have been searching the internet high and low looking for SA,finally I am happy.Anyway I am a dv 2016 winner ,found out about a week ago but since finding out,i have not had a good nights rest because I have been researching and reading trying to make sure that everything is right when I get to the interview, I want to be prepared for anything. I also have a low cn.

hi all I am pleased to see SA I have been searching the internet high and low looking for SA,finally I am happy.Anyway I am a dv 2016 winner ,found out about a week ago but since finding out,i have not had a good nights rest because I have been researching and reading trying to make sure that everything is right when I get to the interview, I want to be prepared for anything. I also have a low cn.

Welcome/Bienvenido!!!

Hi everybody. I was a DV2014 winner but I've been checking and following my sister-in-law's case. She won with 2016SAxxxxx9xxx. I haven't seen yet any other winner from SA for the DV2016. She's got a pretty low number so we expect her to have her interview in january, next year.

Good luck and Good night
hi just letting you know that I to is a dv 2016 winner as you are saying you havnt seen any others,i am one.

Congratulations! where are you from?

Thanks. I am from the nature isle of the Caribbean- Dominica. Not Dominican Republic as always mistaken for but Dominica.

Hi all,
My name is Carlos, from Venezuela but living in Australia, DV2016 winner !!!!! congrats to all winners and my best wishes for the rest... you'll get there.

I would appreciate if anyone can share any info on the process and the interview... I'm not sure how good/bad is our number (CN9**) so not clear when we should be having the interview.... we submitted our DS-260 forms but my name was misspelt on the form (the error comes from when we registered for the lottery so I could not fix it). I have read that I can get it fixed during the interview and is not a major drama..... ??

This is my first time in a forum... ever

Thanks

Hi all,
My name is Carlos, from Venezuela but living in Australia, DV2016 winner !!!!! congrats to all winners and my best wishes for the rest... you'll get there.

I would appreciate if anyone can share any info on the process and the interview... I'm not sure how good/bad is our number (CN9**) so not clear when we should be having the interview.... we submitted our DS-260 forms but my name was misspelt on the form (the error comes from when we registered for the lottery so I could not fix it). I have read that I can get it fixed during the interview and is not a major drama..... ??

This is my first time in a forum... ever

Thanks

Bienvenido Carlos and Maria.

Your number is great - but you should expect to wait around 1 year before you interview. I'm surprised you could not change your name - check that. It would be better if your DS260 is accurate.

Bienvenido Carlos and Maria.

Your number is great - but you should expect to wait around 1 year before you interview. I'm surprised you could not change your name - check that. It would be better if your DS260 is accurate.

Thanks for your reply Britsimon.... I was checking your website earlier today, useful stuff.

We already submitted the DS260 and I believe they can not be changed/amended. I'm thinking on sending an email to them to have some documentation with me when I interview to show that I realized the error and tried to get it fixed.

Would you happen to know how much funds you need to demonstrate? I was told you have to show funds...

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Britsimon.... I was checking your website earlier today, useful stuff.

We already submitted the DS260 and I believe they can not be changed/amended. I'm thinking on sending an email to them to have some documentation with me when I interview to show that I realized the error and tried to get it fixed.

Would you happen to know how much funds you need to demonstrate? I was told you have to show funds...

Thanks

During the 1 year you will wait, you will probably need to change things on the DS260 - you can unlock by emailing KCC.

About funds - we generally recommend around $10,000 saving per adult. This article has more info - http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

Many thanks for the info, really helpful...
I'll wait later in the year to do that because I'll get a new passport sometime in the year
Any advise to ease the wait!!!!
I thought more or less the same about the funds, makes a bit sense
Cheers
Carlos