• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Would you get disqualified if you have mistakes in the DS260 form? I'm taking about mistakes no fraud.

Would you recommend to hire immigration lawyers to ease the process? I just don't see a need for that besides they charge around 3k

Thanks guys

Would you get disqualified if you have mistakes in the DS260 form? I'm taking about mistakes no fraud.

Would you recommend to hire immigration lawyers to ease the process? I just don't see a need for that besides they charge around 3k

Thanks guys

Don't hire a lawyer for heaven's sake. Just fix the mistakes !! As britsimon indicated, you can get KCC to 'unlock' the DS260 so you can change it. Or if they are minor just point them out at interview (though you have so much time to spare that you may as well correct them).

Hi all..I am from Trini..I got 18xx...losing hope..i think for a smaller region, they should be going faster than whatever number they have reached.

I am a selectee for the dv2015 for south america. My case number is SA2015 17xx. On previous years the cap wouldcut off just before reaching the 1800's any idea why this year's the numbers on the visa bulletin are moving so slow? Will they pick up the next 3 months?
By this time last year they were calling the 1500's already and the cap for next june is 1175.

Hi I'm a winner dv 2016 my case number is 4xx I was wondering when my interview will be maybe Decemeber this year? What do you think?

I've been reading a lot of these forums thank you for the information, I need advice on the marrying before the interview thing. My boyfriend and I been thinking what is the best option whether to get married now and send the info to KCC or wait for me to get to the US and get married after the fiscal year. I'm very nervous of getting married now and then getting my visa denied, that really scares me because Ill be loosing a great oportunity..
In your experience, what do you think is best? Would getting married jeopardize my visa?

I've been reading a lot of these forums thank you for the information, I need advice on the marrying before the interview thing. My boyfriend and I been thinking what is the best option whether to get married now and send the info to KCC or wait for me to get to the US and get married after the fiscal year. I'm very nervous of getting married now and then getting my visa denied, that really scares me because Ill be loosing a great oportunity..
In your experience, what do you think is best? Would getting married jeopardize my visa?
If you can present the proof of your genuine relationship (photos, correspondence, joint accounts, addresses, anything else you can think of), marrying now should not be a problem for your visa. In fact, a lot of people are doing this.
On the other hand, if you get the GC first and than marry and sponsor your spouse, it will take years before he can join you as LPR, and it is much costlier.

Thank you! I know that's what most people recommend . In your experience, with my case number SA 4xx in Venezuela when do you guys think I would get my interview? Anyone else on this forum from Venezuela?

Hi everyone,

I got a few questions, appreciate all the help I can get

Selectee for further processing DV2016

1) How complicated would be to move your interview from your nominated location to the US? I scheduled Sydney (Australia) but I'm bit concern with the potential waiting times in US (as more people are processed through the US)
2) Is there any complications/issues if I change my status after filling my DS-260 form? My employer is considering me for a position in the US, hence they would go with an L-1 visa for me. I just don't want to do anything that could jeopardize my potential green card.

Thanks guys
Carlos/Maria

Hi everyone,

I got a few questions, appreciate all the help I can get

Selectee for further processing DV2016

1) How complicated would be to move your interview from your nominated location to the US? I scheduled Sydney (Australia) but I'm bit concern with the potential waiting times in US (as more people are processed through the US)
2) Is there any complications/issues if I change my status after filling my DS-260 form? My employer is considering me for a position in the US, hence they would go with an L-1 visa for me. I just don't want to do anything that could jeopardize my potential green card.

Thanks guys
Carlos/Maria

That can be done, but timing might be something to think about.

Your CN (2016SA9XX) means you may not get current before Spring/Summer of next year. So - if the L1 can be processed between now and then, you might well be able to process in the USA.

Far fewer cases are processed in the USA - and there are many field offices - so the problem we normally have is that the IOs don't know DV cases well at all.

The L1 is a "dual intent" visa (one of the few that are) which means you can process an application for an L1 without it affected your DV case or vice versa.

That can be done, but timing might be something to think about.

Your CN (2016SA9XX) means you may not get current before Spring/Summer of next year. So - if the L1 can be processed between now and then, you might well be able to process in the USA.

Far fewer cases are processed in the USA - and there are many field offices - so the problem we normally have is that the IOs don't know DV cases well at all.

The L1 is a "dual intent" visa (one of the few that are) which means you can process an application for an L1 without it affected your DV case or vice versa.

Thanks for your reply, the intention is to process the L1 visa in Aug so I can go to the US in late Oct.

Based on your experience and my case number what month you think my interview would be??

Thanks for all this great info

Thanks for your reply, the intention is to process the L1 visa in Aug so I can go to the US in late Oct.

Based on your experience and my case number what month you think my interview would be??

Thanks for all this great info

It is hard to be precise until we know more about the numbers, but you will probably be current around March/April/May.

Last Bulletin for 2015 coming up soon. Good Luck to everyone still waiting. I still believe we will hit 1600

Hi everyone!! Im from venezuela and i have a couple doubts

I got a few questions (Like a thousand :():

My CN is 2016SAXXXXX9XX when will i get my interview? i saw something about a visa cutoff numbers but im not pretty sure about that
if i forgot to put my wife's second last name in the DS-260 do i have to fill it again?
which documents do i have to take with me at the interview?
i was reading about a "Affadavit of support" form, i already filled the DS-260 but i havent recieved the I-134 form?
o i need a certified translator for my documents?

Thanks for all, is good to find such a good forum

My CN is 2016SAXXXXX9XX when will i get my interview? i saw something about a visa cutoff numbers but im not pretty sure about that
if i forgot to put my wife's second last name in the DS-260 do i have to fill it again?
i was reading about a "Affadavit of support" form, i already filled the DS-260 but i havent recieved the I-134 form?

Interview will be towards the summer 2016. You will be scheduled for an interview when the cut-off number is greater than your case number. Check out the visa bulletin here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

In your selectee notification letter there is a link that will take you website with all the info about the procedure and the documents. Also, check out Britsimonsays.com

Affidavit of Support is the form filled out by your sponsor in the US, if you have one. This is to prove that you will not be a public charge in the US. You can also prove that by showing your bank statements/assets at an interview too.

You can email KCC asking them to unlock the DS260, so that you can make the changes. There is a lot of time before your interview, so I say you should unlock the form, fill in missing names and re-submit. Having the names listed helps them do the proper background checks. How to contact KCC is also in your selection letter.

Documents not in English or in the official language of the country you are having your interview in have to be translated. I personally prefer to have all the documents translated into English The translator has state that the translation is accurate and he/she is fluent in both languages (there is no requirement for a professional translator, but you can choose to hire one).

Hi mrtolix I'm also a DV2016 selectee from Venezuela my CN is 2016 SAxxxxx4xx and I have a lot of questions like you. I'm nervous about the visa procedure and the interview. Do you know if you have to translate all the documents before or after you take them to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores?? Also do you know how do we pay for the Immigrant Visa fee $330 and when ??

Hi mrtolix I'm also a DV2016 selectee from Venezuela my CN is 2016 SAxxxxx4xx and I have a lot of questions like you. I'm nervous about the visa procedure and the interview. Do you know if you have to translate all the documents before or after you take them to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores?? Also do you know how do we pay for the Immigrant Visa fee $330 and when ??

Creo que la traducción no tiene relación con apostilla, ya que la apostilla como tal es una certificación internacional, al igual que tu estoy lleno de dudas... tengo entendido que el fee debe pagarse cuando recibas la 2NL, best regards

Creo que la traducción no tiene relación con apostilla, ya que la apostilla como tal es una certificación internacional, al igual que tu estoy lleno de dudas... tengo entendido que el fee debe pagarse cuando recibas la 2NL, best regards

Please post in English only, this is an English speaking forum.

Please post in English only, this is an English speaking forum.
Sorry about that:

I think the translation is not related to apostille because the Apostille is an international certification, I am also full of doubt ... I understand that the fee must be paid when you receive the 2NL, best regards