• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Just wondering is anyone on here from the caribbean went to primary, secondary and college(A levels)? I'm just trying to clarify the whole education thing because i'm hearing conflicting information about the education route. Thanks in advance for your response.

Just wondering is anyone on here from the caribbean went to primary, secondary and college(A levels)? I'm just trying to clarify the whole education thing because i'm hearing conflicting information about the education route. Thanks in advance for your response.

What is the conflicting information that you are hearing?

Pre-primary is probably not going to count - because it is probably a Pre-K and Kindergarten level.

Don't get confused with what "High SChool" means in your country. The requirement is for US High School. Essentially it is the point at which a child can enter a University (termed college in USA). That is usually at about 18 years old.

In the English system for instance. High school ended at age 16. KIds would get GCSES or O levels at that point. However, in order to enter University they would require 2 years of further education - (3 A level passes typically). It is that point (A level) that is needed.

does it have to be A levels, what if one attended college and received a professional certificate not A levels?

does it have to be A levels, what if one attended college and received a professional certificate not A levels?

If you mean vocational courses then no - that does not work. But perhaps you should be more specific about what professional courses you are talking about. Some courses (like BTEC) are ok because they are general education i.e. not limited to one vocation.

So - again - you should have completed (and passed) 12 years of primary and secondary education. That typically requires 12 years full time education.

From Daily Press Briefing, March 18, 2015

QUESTION: Is there an update on the situation with the number of U.S. diplomats in Venezuela?

MS. PSAKI: There’s not an update. I know there was a deadline, so to speak, earlier this week. But there are ongoing discussions, so there isn’t a public update at this point in time.

And SA winners waiting...

I am from grenada been trying forever without luck, hope this year is my big year.

Hello all! I am from the Caribbean as well namely Antigua & Barbuda. Does it matter about the education aspect if your working experience qualifies you?

Paulineg, I often wondered if the time in which you would have applied has any bearing on your selection. Hope you are successful this time around. This is my second time and hope to be successful as well.

I try to read up as much as possible as to what is expected of this process. The site has been down since the month of April began and was wondering if that is the normal course of things until the checking period begins.

Hello all! I am from the Caribbean as well namely Antigua & Barbuda. Does it matter about the education aspect if your working experience qualifies you?

Paulineg, I often wondered if the time in which you would have applied has any bearing on your selection. Hope you are successful this time around. This is my second time and hope to be successful as well.

I try to read up as much as possible as to what is expected of this process. The site has been down since the month of April began and was wondering if that is the normal course of things until the checking period begins.

Either education or work qualifies you, but the education route is much easier to prove.

And no, the time you apply does not affect it, or it would not be random. In fact, there was an error in the (programming of the ) DV2012 draw where all selectees came from the first few days, and they had to do a redraw because it had not been random.

Either education or work qualifies you, but the education route is much easier to prove.

And no, the time you apply does not affect it, or it would not be random. In fact, there was an error in the (programming of the ) DV2012 draw where all selectees came from the first few days, and they had to do a redraw because it had not been random.
Thanks for your response guys!

When I look at the statistics for my country over the past few years it is scary. The numbers are so small with respect to those who actually got visas, yet the entry was so high. It makes you feel as though you are wasting time!