• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Hi mrtolix I'm also a DV2016 selectee from Venezuela my CN is 2016 SAxxxxx4xx and I have a lot of questions like you. I'm nervous about the visa procedure and the interview. Do you know if you have to translate all the documents before or after you take them to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores?? Also do you know how do we pay for the Immigrant Visa fee $330 and when ??

Let me know if you have any news...

Hi mrtolix I'm also a DV2016 selectee from Venezuela my CN is 2016 SAxxxxx4xx and I have a lot of questions like you. I'm nervous about the visa procedure and the interview. Do you know if you have to translate all the documents before or after you take them to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores?? Also do you know how do we pay for the Immigrant Visa fee $330 and when ??

You don't need to do the Apostille for the translations for your interview. I have done the Apostille in the past for other purposes, but no one really cared about it.
You will pay the fee at the interview.
You would need to make sure you follow the instructions. Follow the link provided in your selection letter. Also, It is very important to follow the embassy specific instructions, check out ther website (you should find the info about fees and translations there).

You don't need to do the Apostille for the translations for your interview. I have done the Apostille in the past for other purposes, but no one really cared about it.
You will pay the fee at the interview.
You would need to make sure you follow the instructions. Follow the link provided in your selection letter. Also, It is very important to follow the embassy specific instructions, check out ther website (you should find the info about fees and translations there).
So you mean I don't need to do all the Apostille process for the interview?? I read somewhere that I needed them along with the translation.. I got the appointment at the Ministerio here in Venezuela for Nov 24th!! I'm nervous what if I get my interview before that date? It's hard here in Venezuela to get all your documents in order..

Still waiting for the next visa bulletin do you have any idea about when will it be published?
I dunno maybe in a couple of weeks, but based on visa bulletins from past years with your CN you could be called for interview in March April 2016. I recommend you to ask for the appointment at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores as soon as you can, no matter if you don't have all the documents ready because they are giving the appointments in 4 or 5 months... I got mine for November and I'm very stressed about the whole thing, you know how things are here...
Best regards

So you mean I don't need to do all the Apostille process for the interview?? I read somewhere that I needed them along with the translation.. I got the appointment at the Ministerio here in Venezuela for Nov 24th!! I'm nervous what if I get my interview before that date? It's hard here in Venezuela to get all your documents in order..
That is what I mean, yes. However, you should always try to get official informtion from your embassy's website.
You may need the Apostille for other purposes though, since you are immigrating.

Well it was nice. Sorry that we couldn't get to 1600 at least. I know there are a lot of us that missed it but don't give up. Lets try for DV2017

Hi all ... greetings from Venezuela, 2016SA3XX. For all my colleagues from Venezuela you must ensure all civil and education docs are 1. Stamped with the Apostille at the MRE 2. Full translated into English READ CAREFULLY THE US EMBASSY @ CCS WEBPAGE (sorry I'm still not allowed to post links). This is what the US Embassy in Caracas says. So, bearing in mind there's probably no second chance for an interview try to get all documents in order and don't let the immigration officer refuse your application because you didn't complete them all. We all have been given plenty of time (almost 6 months) to get all our docs in order, but we are still on time to ammend and prepare any doc.
Regarding the Apostille appointment keep o checking the MRE website every 5 minutes due to there are prompt appointments continually releasing so you don't have to wait until the end of November, which is extremely risky. Remember to translate (with an official translator) all docs after Apostille. I'm affraid you can not use any "gestor" for the Apostille.
Concerning payment, due to Venezuelan exchange control fees are paid in VEF at 12.80 rate.

I wrote to the KCC this week in order to get to know the status of my application and the current status of my forms is "pending further embassy review", which is something I don't know if is good or not. Due to this is the first all electronically process I don't know whether this Embassy validation is kind of new.

Let's keep in touch guys and the best of the luck for all of us.

Abrazo!

Hi all ... greetings from Venezuela, 2016SA3XX. For all my colleagues from Venezuela you must ensure all civil and education docs are 1. Stamped with the Apostille at the MRE 2. Full translated into English READ CAREFULLY THE US EMBASSY @ CCS WEBPAGE (sorry I'm still not allowed to post links). This is what the US Embassy in Caracas says. So, bearing in mind there's probably no second chance for an interview try to get all documents in order and don't let the immigration officer refuse your application because you didn't complete them all. We all have been given plenty of time (almost 6 months) to get all our docs in order, but we are still on time to ammend and prepare any doc.
Regarding the Apostille appointment keep o checking the MRE website every 5 minutes due to there are prompt appointments continually releasing so you don't have to wait until the end of November, which is extremely risky. Remember to translate (with an official translator) all docs after Apostille. I'm affraid you can not use any "gestor" for the Apostille.
Concerning payment, due to Venezuelan exchange control fees are paid in VEF at 12.80 rate.

I wrote to the KCC this week in order to get to know the status of my application and the current status of my forms is "pending further embassy review", which is something I don't know if is good or not. Due to this is the first all electronically process I don't know whether this Embassy validation is kind of new.

Abrazo!

Some Venezuelans have been caught out before by the requirement for translating into English, so thanks for highlighting that.

Re the email from KCC - it's standard wording and just means they are done processing your forms and the next step ( ie the embassy review) is the interview.

Hi guys,
Is it necessary to update the form if I got a new passport? or just take both passports with me for the appointment....
thanks

J

Abrazo!
Hi! How do you find this appt releases on the Mre website?? How do you get that?? I dont think 6 months is enough for getting your docs ready here in Vzla... They take forever to process all the things you need, plus universiry docs take some time too.

J

Hi! How do you find this appt releases on the Mre website?? How do you get that?? I dont think 6 months is enough for getting your docs ready here in Vzla... They take forever to process all the things you need, plus universiry docs take some time too.

Hi cmara25. There´s something on the MRE website that keeps updated all the appointments and it is shown on it. I f you already have an appointment you must cancel it (if the initially date is no good for you) and start requesting a new appointment. If shown dates are to late just refresh your browser and new dates will come out. That´s what I did and as far as I know what most of the people looking forward an Apostille are doing. In my experience I first got a date for late November (too late for my CN 2016SA3XX). After I knew this thing I cancel it and got into the MRE´s website and start refreshing until a better date pop out. Now my date for requesting the Apostille is late August, plenty enough of time to get my documents certified and then translated. According to my plan I expect to have everything ready by mid September expecting to have an early interview call for October.

Regarding University docs remember that since a couple of weeks ago you no longer need to validate them in the ME, you just have to make them valid internationally throughout the Apostille. Other documents you need are your birth certificate (with valid signature from the SAREN 4 days and they deliver the doc to you), your police records (one week at the MIJ in plaza La Candelaria and you must request it online), your university Diploma and grades, vaccination record (I got all the shots in May for free in the Alcaldia and yesterday I got in 15 mins the yellow cardboard certificate at La Urbina MS) and the medical examination (due by late September in my planning). Cause I'm single I'm not too much into proving my civil state, but if you're married try to certify, Apostille and translate your wedding certificate in order to prove you are married (some people also bring pictures of the couple and wedding to the interview). I'm working on an Affidavit just to leave no weeknes for the interview but I also have a few savings in USD just to prove I'll not be a social charge for the Federal system. So, I know is kind of impossible to complete everything, I also live in Caracas but my advise is to make a list of everything you need in order to get ready for interview.

I'm not an expert in this matter but I´ve spent tons of hours searching on the internet for the proper info. I really want to move legally to the US. Everything you need to bring to the interview is clear enough at the US Embassy in Caracas website. My advise for you is to do the same. Come on, you can do it! Let´s all do this!

Hi guys,
Is it necessary to update the form if I got a new passport? or just take both passports with me for the appointment....
thanks
Yes! It is necessary. I had that same question about a month ago and i called KCC. They told me to write an email letting them know i wanted my DS260 unlocked for editing my new passport number. My old passport expiring date was not in compliance with the six months validity for the interview so i had to get a new one at a SAIME office. I told them my current passport was lost and after five minutes i was able to get an appointment for a new one at their website. After having my new passport handed at my house, I wrote to KCC and they unlocked the forms three weeks later. You still have to bring both passports and both DS260 to the interview as the girl at KCC told me.

Regarding University docs remember that since a couple of weeks ago you no longer need to validate them in the ME,
That was only for high school education documents. All my university documents including my diploma were received last thursday for validation at the MPPEUCT offices.

I'm not an expert in this matter but I´ve spent tons of hours searching on the internet for the proper info. I really want to move legally to the US. Everything you need to bring to the interview is clear enough at the US Embassy in Caracas website. My advise for you is to do the same. Come on, you can do it! Let´s all do this!
Couldn´t agree more with you! :)

Updated VB has been released today and SA CN under 475 will be called for interview in October shortly.

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 9,100 Except:
Egypt: 8,000
Ethiopia: 8,000
ASIA 2,800 Except:
Nepal: 2,400
EUROPE 9,150
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 275
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 475

Abrazo!

Hello friend how are the things going? The new visa bulletin have just been published, for south america will be around 400 visas, have you been notify of the interview?

Hello friend how are the things going? The new visa bulletin have just been published, for south america will be around 400 visas, have you been notify of the interview?

Hi MrTolix. Indeed in the VB were called around 475 CN for SA. So far no interview notifications for no one. I heard it will take one or two weeks to get the email with interview date since the VB issue, but it will also depend if KCC has finished all paper work regarding your DS260. So we are all still waiting for any news.

Honestly, checking email often makes me anxious.

Abrazo.

Hi MrTolix. Indeed in the VB were called around 475 CN for SA. So far no interview notifications for no one. I heard it will take one or two weeks to get the email with interview date since the VB issue, but it will also depend if KCC has finished all paper work regarding your DS260. So we are all still waiting for any news.

Honestly, checking email often makes me anxious.

Abrazo.

Great lets keep in touch, im working in the apostille and some translation, im also trying to call the embassy to ensure of all the requirements