• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Hi every one I'm a DV winner 2014 from Sri Lanka, My interview is on sept, has anyone went to the interview and got through by showing only i134(Except w2 or any proof of income related to tax)

Hi every one I'm a DV winner 2014 from Sri Lanka, My interview is on sept, has anyone went to the interview and got through by showing only i134(Except w2 or any proof of income related to tax)
The i134 on its own becomes Obsolete, without the supporting documents !
At least ask your sponsor to give you his bank statment, to show some funds...

My dv lottery visa journey 2014 - Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hi All,

I have looked at this forum a million times throughout my journey and have found it sooo amazingly helpful I thought I would share my experience in the hopes that it might help some people. my special thanks to these members, Britsimon, SusieQQQ, Lionhawk, mandb, samlanka, and lakshanpereraa for their support and encouragement provided through this process.

Pre-Interview

In My case I was very nervous to getting the documents on time because I knew that qualifying on work experience is very difficult (I didn't have A/L but I have a BSc (Hons) degree (UK) + 2 years and 5 months of work experience as a Software Engineer. )

So I compiled some very important documents (evidence) for my interview,

1. My BSc Degree certificate and Transcript
2. British council Sri Lanka verification for my degree certificate and transcript (Certification of UK qualifications)
3. Letter from my employer explaining about my job role, responsibilities & etc.
4. Recommendation letter from my senior Manager (Seiner Software Engineer)
5. My job appointment letter (It has my stating salary, job title and etc.)

Interview Day

My Interview was scheduled on 14th of August @ 1.00pm. On the day of interview, I went to the embassy at 12.30pm. About 10 persons were waiting. At 1.45pm I was called to give my documents, later finger prints and pay the visa fee. It took may be 20 - 30 minutes. Then I waited for about 10 minutes before to be called to the window by a very friendly male officer for interview. The interview itself lasted less than 5 minutes.

CO: Raise your right hand ... do you swear to tell the truth n ..nothing but the truth?
ME: I did.
CO: asked me to sign the DS230 form
ME: I did.
CO: Do you have A/L ?
ME: Answered
CO: Where did you get your bachelor from?
CO: What's your current job?
CO: What's your current salary?
CO: After that he took a yellow paper and wrote the name with visa collection date and told congratulation, you are qualified on your education and also with your work experience. You can collect your visa on next week.
ME: thanks.

I walked out of the doors at 2.30pm. It was such a quick and easy process. I actually couldn't believe how easy it was.

Today I picked up my visa packet (Passport with visa stamp and a sealed envelope). Once again thanks for every forum members who support throughout my visa journey.

:):):):)

Hi Guys

I have urgent situation, could please someone can advice how mush sponsor (I134) should show as yearly income for 2 adult & 2 child.

Case-2014AS000104**

Thanks Britsimon,

Can you say anything about attached details?

That is just a blank form. If you want instructions on how to fill it, google 134 instructions and you will see the official link to instructions which is very good.

That is just a blank form. If you want instructions on how to fill it, google 134 instructions and you will see the official link to instructions which is very good.

Thanks for the Information Britsimon.

We faced the interview & they advised based on work experience my wife is OK :D but our sponser income was not enough. they gave us a week to resubmit the new I134, that's why I was asked help from you regarding How mush sponsor need to show. however we found another friend & she is a businessmen, she has send us the 1040 form is this form correct. (form is on the way)

We faced the interview & they advised based on work experience my wife is OK :D but our sponser income was not enough. they gave us a week to resubmit the new I134, that's why I was asked help from you regarding How mush sponsor need to show. however we found another friend & she is a businessmen, she has send us the 1040 form is this form correct. (form is on the way)

A 1040 is the correct form for a business person. The minimum earnings must exceed the federal poverty guidelines for the combined family numbers. So if they are a family of 4 and you are 3 they need to exceed the Federal poverty guideline for 7 people. For a business person it is based on taxable income.

A 1040 is the correct form for a business person. The minimum earnings must exceed the federal poverty guidelines for the combined family numbers. So if they are a family of 4 and you are 3 they need to exceed the Federal poverty guideline for 7 people. For a business person it is based on taxable income.

is this mean "For a business person it is based on taxable income" let's say her taxable income mach to the 7 people Federal poverty guideline which is $36,030 then it 's enough for sponsor am I correct ?

Is this person filing out the I-134 and sending their 1040 has proof of financial strength or simply just sending you their 1040?

fist sponsor sent us I134 & it was not enough, and 1040 is from 2nd sponsor

My suggestion is make it clean and simple. That second sponsor should actually fill out a new I-134, and send it with their 1040 and proof of status ID which can either be a copy of their passport if they're a USC or a copy of their GC if they're a LPR.

HI All

Are there any member ,that Colombo embassy requested any additional document to submit to the embassy later such as I134 or anything (DV lottery) ? I was issued yellow sheet which is mentioned that New I134 need to submit & I want to know can we go inside of the embassy by showing that yellow color sheet to submit that additional document.

Case - 2014AS000104**

Hi Britsimon

As per the interview, Consular officer has approved my wife visa & they took all passports( full family) & asked to submit new I134form to process myself & 2 child visa. we have submitted it(I134 & proof) on 4th of September to embassy guard room. I need help regarding below questions.

So - how they contact us ,is it via phone or mail.
- are there any way to check dv visa online
- if so how do we check it.
- is this mean we are on AP

Case - 2014AS000104**

In our case, we were asked weather we want to postpone the visa printing, And we agreed and we came home, we thought that It will not be a problem to keep in touch with embassy.

But things are not happening as we intended , the people who work there are not at all helpful and they do not care. How ever I was able to get hold of one in consular section and they said that our visas were already ready and you can collect them. Had to call then more than 30 times in different days.

Other thing was when we went to collect visas, they said that they are calling us since they have our contacts when the visas are ready. Don't worry, they will most probably call you. If you have doubts that we had at the time, get hold of someone in embassy over the phone and ask them how they are going to proceed from here. In your case you also need to know that your I134 is accepted, So, you must try to know that fore sure and the rest you do not have to worry.

Do not take anything word for granted the people say in the reception for sure. I would only trust if something is from the consular section.

All the best.