• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

That is really odd. Contact the embassy...

Hi Britsimon
several times I have tried consular section are very busy & one person transfer call to immigrant visa section but the phone has on the auto message & relevant extension does not have member to answer & it saying leave the message. however I have sent fax to the embassy regarding situation but still no call or email, post mail.
any one can answer 100% surely , in the CEAC that our case showing as ISUUED (last update 24th sep) will they contact us if the deadline passed (30th sep)

Hi Britsimon
several times I have tried consular section are very busy & one person transfer call to immigrant visa section but the phone has on the auto message & relevant extension does not have member to answer & it saying leave the message. however I have sent fax to the embassy regarding situation but still no call or email, post mail.
any one can answer 100% surely , in the CEAC that our case showing as ISUUED (last update 24th sep) will they contact us if the deadline passed (30th sep)

I think that is possible. Being in the system as issued is critical. The printing of the visa is possibly delayed (there were delays with the printing system a couple of months ago).

I think that is possible. Being in the system as issued is critical. The printing of the visa is possibly delayed (there were delays with the printing system a couple of months ago).

Hi Britsimon
finally I was able to contact consular section today ( Immigrant visa) & I told them the status & they informed me your visa for all family is ok & they are preparing full pack for us, therefore he said that we can collect our visa on probably on Thursday & wait for call from embassy. they told me 30th September is not a problem as our visa is already issued.

Good lesson for all of us. Having the CEAC status go to "Issued" must be the official record that the visa was completed before 30 Sept.

Hi Britsimon
finally I was able to contact consular section today ( Immigrant visa) & I told them the status & they informed me your visa for all family is ok & they are preparing full pack for us, therefore he said that we can collect our visa on probably on Thursday & wait for call from embassy. they told me 30th September is not a problem as our visa is already issued.

Excellent. Congratulations.

Once you done medical in Asiri hospital, those details will be included to medical report & you will be provided vaccination cards also ,hence in the interview you can handover the medical report to Embassy. they didn't ask vaccination card in the interview.

Excellent. Congratulations.

Hi Britsimon

we pick the visa on last Thursday( October 9th) . below is our interview experience for any members to see.

1. My dv lottery visa journey 2014 - Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hi All,

I have looked at this forum a million times throughout my journey so I thought I would share my experience in the hopes that it might help some people. My special thanks to Britsimon, who has encourage me since in the beginning & other members for their support provided through this process.

Pre-Interview

I knew that qualifying on work experience is very difficult (My wife have A/L only 3 subject including general English) so we have prepared for work experience as kindergarten teacher (Job zone -4 & SVP range 7 -8) & experience of 3 years.

So we compiled some very important documents (evidence) for our interview,

1. Work Experience letter from employer
2. Letter from my employer explaining about my job role, responsibilities & etc.
3. Diploma of Kindergarten teaching

Interview Day

Our Interview was scheduled on 28thth of August @ 1.00pm. On the day of interview, I went to the embassy at 12.30pm. About 6 persons were waiting. At 2.00 pm my wife was called to give the documents, later finger prints and pay the visa fee. It took may be 30 minutes. Then we (wife, me & 2 kids) waited for about 60 minutes before to be called to the window by a very friendly female officer for interview. The interview nearly 20 minutes as my wife need explain regarding the job finally consular officer except the job as qualifying job. Then she check the police report of me. Then she check the I134 form & advise us that the income of our sponsor is not enough for 4 member (Wife +me+2kids) but she said my wife visa is approved & for me & 2kids she asked to submit another I134 form & give us yellow paper it has mentioned that new I134 form need & she told us to submit it to the embassy quickly as visa can be finish. then we walked out of the doors at 4.00pm. & it little bit hard day for us as keeping kids for long time was very difficult.

CN : 2014AS00010xxx
Entry Dated : 02nd Nov 2012
1st NL Received : 9th June 2013
Sent Forms to KCC : 27th May 2013
UPS Confirm delivery : 29th may 2013
2nd NL : 12th June, 2014
Police Report: Done
Medicals : Done
Interview : 28th August, 2014
Result: AP
Visa Grant - 29th September 2014
Visa picked up: 09th of October 2014
P.O.E: will be Washington

Hi Britsimon

we pick the visa on last Thursday( October 9th) . below is our interview experience for any members to see.

1. My dv lottery visa journey 2014 - Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hi All,

I have looked at this forum a million times throughout my journey so I thought I would share my experience in the hopes that it might help some people. My special thanks to Britsimon, who has encourage me since in the beginning & other members for their support provided through this process.

Pre-Interview

I knew that qualifying on work experience is very difficult (My wife have A/L only 3 subject including general English) so we have prepared for work experience as kindergarten teacher (Job zone -4 & SVP range 7 -8) & experience of 3 years.

So we compiled some very important documents (evidence) for our interview,

1. Work Experience letter from employer
2. Letter from my employer explaining about my job role, responsibilities & etc.
3. Diploma of Kindergarten teaching

Interview Day

Our Interview was scheduled on 28thth of August @ 1.00pm. On the day of interview, I went to the embassy at 12.30pm. About 6 persons were waiting. At 2.00 pm my wife was called to give the documents, later finger prints and pay the visa fee. It took may be 30 minutes. Then we (wife, me & 2 kids) waited for about 60 minutes before to be called to the window by a very friendly female officer for interview. The interview nearly 20 minutes as my wife need explain regarding the job finally consular officer except the job as qualifying job. Then she check the police report of me. Then she check the I134 form & advise us that the income of our sponsor is not enough for 4 member (Wife +me+2kids) but she said my wife visa is approved & for me & 2kids she asked to submit another I134 form & give us yellow paper it has mentioned that new I134 form need & she told us to submit it to the embassy quickly as visa can be finish. then we walked out of the doors at 4.00pm. & it little bit hard day for us as keeping kids for long time was very difficult.

CN : 2014AS00010xxx
Entry Dated : 02nd Nov 2012
1st NL Received : 9th June 2013
Sent Forms to KCC : 27th May 2013
UPS Confirm delivery : 29th may 2013
2nd NL : 12th June, 2014
Police Report: Done
Medicals : Done
Interview : 28th August, 2014
Result: AP
Visa Grant - 29th September 2014
Visa picked up: 09th of October 2014
P.O.E: will be Washington

Thanks for posting tag Nav2014! As you know work experiences cases are more difficult, so it is good to have some of those to refer to. Also the battle on the I134. You did well to get that resolved. Congratulations once again!

Hi,

I'm a 2013 Winner from Sri Lanka and went through a bit long DV process.

Now I'm in USA and willing to help if you need any help regarding the DV process.
Let me know if you need any help or info.

Regards,
C. Ruwan
Hello ruwan.i am 2015 winner from sl.what is anual income need for a sponser?
regards.
nishard

Hello ruwan.i am 2015 winner from sl.what is anual income need for a sponser?
regards.
nishard

The amount is set according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines (link below).

The way to read the table is to combine the family number of the sponsor and the DV selectees family. So - for example, in the case above where NAV2014 has a family of 4 and let's assume the sponsor also had a family of 4 then the sponsor would have needed an income of at least the 8 person household level - i.e. $40,090

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm

Last edited:

The way to read the table is to combine the family number of the sponsor and the DV selectees family. So - for example, in the case above where NAV2014 has a family of 4 and let's assume the sponsor also had a family of 4 then the sponsor would have needed an income of at least the 8 person household level - i.e. $40,090
thanks alot.

8 ==> $50,112 .....not?

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Best!