• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

casper21

Registered Users (C)
Hello Sri Lankan Winners !!!

Please share your thoughts/experience here.

CN : 2014AS000027XX
Checked Status: May 03, 2013
1st NL received :
Sent Documents :
Confirmed receipt :

Last edited by a moderator:
C/N AS00022xxx . Planning to do CP coz it's too high.

There are 55,000 visas available, but more than that number of individuals will be selected. Because it is likely that some of the first 50,000 persons who are selected will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, selecting a larger number of entries should ensure use of all numbers, but it also risks some selected persons being left out. Therefore it is very important that if you do win, you proceed to process your visa immediately. Random selection by the Kentucky Consular Center computer does not automatically guarantee that you will receive a visa.

Both lvivesA

CN : 2014AS000027XX
Checked Status: May 03, 2013
1st NL received :
Sent Documents :
Confirmed receipt :

Hello me too from Sri Lanka, my CN is 18XXX is there any possibility for me to call for the interview? Congratz my friend...

i m 2012 winner, now i m visiting in SL for short time. i ll help u with my exp. it may help ur dream. 0775260013

Please share your experiences

I'm a DV lottery(2014)winner from Srilanka.
My case no is 2014AS00016xxx.
When will be the possible date for my interview?
Please share your experiences....:)

Hi,

I'm a 2013 Winner from Sri Lanka and went through a bit long DV process.

Now I'm in USA and willing to help if you need any help regarding the DV process.
Let me know if you need any help or info.

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Dv lottery 2014

I'm a DV lottery(2014)winner from Srilanka.
My case no is 2014AS00016XXX.

I have posted my DV-lottery application forms on 12th of May 2013. But so far I didn’t get any acknowledgement from KCC,so how can i confirm it is received or not?

When will be the possible date for my interview?

Hi Sajeev,

How did you send the forms? through DHL, EMS or normal post? if you sent it thru DHL or EMS you can see the delivery information by checking their (DHL or USPS) websites using the tracking number. If you sent thru normal post you have to call KCC or E-Mail them to see if they received it.

Log in to the DV Lotter Government site (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/) using your 2014 DV Lottery Application Code and there you're are shown the number of KCC (as far as I remember) you can call it and find out. If not you can e-mail them and ask if they received it. Either way they will need your Case #, Name and Date of Birth to verify you so include them in your mail otherwise they will ask you to provide those information before they reply you.
Normally KCC replies to mails within couple of days.

For possible dates of the interview :- the interview date depends on your case number. 2014 DV interviews starts in 2013 October and goes according to the case number. Since your case # is 16XXX i guess it will be falling on the next year. Maybe around the middle of the year. But can't predict it exactly. See the 2013 Visa Bulletins and get an idea of the cutoff numbers of cases processed each month. (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html)

In 2013 Lottery the 16XXX case number from Asia gets current (that means getting processed) in August. 2013 DV Process is still not over ;-)

Hope this answer helped!

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Hello Casper & other 2014 Winners!. I'm also waiting to see what will happen.

Experts!!!

Please share your living experience in USA ? (Jobs opportunities , Cost of living, Foods, House/Rent places & etc...)

Hi all Sri Lankan friends,

My case number is AS00018xxx ... i think if i lucky enough they will call for the interview around next year August.... but i'm not sure whether they will call for the interview :(( i'm dreaming to live in USA.. I can't even do my studies well.... please can anyone advise me on this? am i lucky enough? shall i start to collect my documents? is it too early?

Hi Sajeev,

How did you send the forms? through DHL, EMS or normal post? if you sent it thru DHL or EMS you can see the delivery information by checking their (DHL or USPS) websites using the tracking number. If you sent thru normal post you have to call KCC or E-Mail them to see if they received it.

Log in to the DV Lotter Government site (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/) using your 2014 DV Lottery Application Code and there you're are shown the number of KCC (as far as I remember) you can call it and find out. If not you can e-mail them and ask if they received it. Either way they will need your Case #, Name and Date of Birth to verify you so include them in your mail otherwise they will ask you to provide those information before they reply you.

Normally KCC replies to mails within couple of days.

For possible dates of the interview :- the interview date depends on your case number. 2014 DV interviews starts in 2013 October and goes according to the case number. Since your case # is 16XXX i guess it will be falling on the next year. Maybe around the middle of the year. But can't predict it exactly. See the 2013 Visa Bulletins and get an idea of the cutoff numbers of cases processed each month. (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html)

In 2013 Lottery the 16XXX case number from Asia gets current (that means getting processed) in August. 2013 DV Process is still not over ;-)

Hope this answer helped!

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Hello Ruwan,
Could you please advise me how to get an idea though 2013 visa bulletin? For an example in October 2012 There are 1900 visa bulletins, in Nov 2012 it's 2350 ? Does it mean there are 1900 winner will call for interview on October and 2350 winner will call for interview on November? Kindly advise me, i'm very poor in analyzing data........

Hi all Sri Lankan friends,

My case number is AS00018xxx ... i think if i lucky enough they will call for the interview around next year August.... but i'm not sure whether they will call for the interview :(( i'm dreaming to live in USA.. I can't even do my studies well.... please can anyone advise me on this? am i lucky enough? shall i start to collect my documents? is it too early?

Well, worrying and dreaming is not the answer my friend! but...

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...elp-share-CN-info/page5&p=2634861#post2634861

.....Did you?

Best!

PS:
start here, try read fully
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?550053-2013-DV-Winners-from-Srilanka

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nerandima,

In Visa bulletin you have to check the numbers from Asia region which becomes current each month.
For example in 2012 October Visa Bulletin :
October : Asia : 1900
November : Asia : 2350

This means in October all the winners whose case number is below AS00001900 will have their interview if they have sent all necessary docs to the KCC. In other words 1900 will be the cutoff number for October. In November all winners up to case number AS00002350 will have their interview if their documents are ok and received by KCC. Normally the interview date is informed around 6-8 weeks in advance to the interview. Check the mail which you gave in your filled forms to see if you get an Email from KCC. It's not a long mail, just a couple of lines asking you to check the DV Lottery website giving your surname, DOB and Serial Number. When your number becomes current in visa bulletin it's advised that you check the DV Lottery site at least once every couple of days. Because sometimes the mail sent from KCC ends up in Spam or trash.

Since your case number is in the "18XXX" I guess your interview will be towards the middle of next year. But that may change depending on how fast the cases get processed each month.

Hope this answer helped!

/Ruwan

Hello Ruwan,
Could you please advise me how to get an idea though 2013 visa bulletin? For an example in October 2012 There are 1900 visa bulletins, in Nov 2012 it's 2350 ? Does it mean there are 1900 winner will call for interview on October and 2350 winner will call for interview on November? Kindly advise me, i'm very poor in analyzing data........

Help me

I have been randomly selected for DV lottery 2014 I sent my visa application ( DSP-122, Form DS-230, Part I and II ) by postal mail but i had five mistake in my spouse mother's and father names and Birth palace. now i want to correct that mistakes i want to know how can i do it

please be kind to sent me a reply
Chani