• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Mom,

One more question for you. So I received the NOA's for both I-765 and I-485 and what I noticed is that my Alien # on both NOA's is different than the one I submitted in the AOS application and what I have on all my I-797 (H1B's)/ EAD cards. I have had only one A# throughout all my immigration history in US.

Is this change normal ?

Technically, you're only supposed to have only one A#, just like a SSN. However those USCIS folks tend to get lazy and fail to cross check or confirm A# listed by applicants on their AOS applications before going ahead and issuing a new oneIt's nothing to worry about though, once you get your GC, you should be using just the newly issued A#. Providing the old one will still help them consolidate your immigration files/record at the end of the day though. So don't worry about the new one.

Hello All,
I finally received my interview letter last week for my 2014AS7XXX. But I have two different times for me and my wife. My time is 7:30Am and my wife's interview time is 8;15 AM. I do not understand why we have two different time :confused:
I asked a friend who had done AOS but he had one DateTime for the interview for both.
Did anyone else have something similar to my case?

Thanks,
Arc

Hello All,
I finally received my interview letter last week for my 2014AS7XXX. But I have two different times for me and my wife. My time is 7:30Am and my wife's interview time is 8;15 AM. I do not understand why we have two different time :confused:
I asked a friend who had done AOS but he had one DateTime for the interview for both.

Thanks,
Arc

My wife and I received two consecutive times for BIO appointments, not had our interview yet....

Hello All,

Thanks,
Arc

Nothing to be stressed over. Some FOs schedule the interview appointments like that, you're not the first applicant to be scheduled as such.

Seems like an inefficient use of time to me. Having 2+ people at once could speed things up.

Just because they have different times stated does not necessarily mean they will be interviewed separately. But then, one or two couples have come back to report that their interviews were conducted with the principal applicant alone first, following which the spouse was later invited into the room. Conducting interviews separately may look inefficient to you but if they have cause to be suspicious of the applicants, this is something they do on a regular basis especially for marriage based AOS cases.

Hello All,

Thanks,
Arc
Yeah, dont worry about that. My 8 years old son had different time that me and my wife :) haha but we had interview all together anyway.

Hello All,

Thanks,
Arc

Me and my wife have 30 min difference as well. Like the others have stated, this should be fine. I have a feeling that interview times get assigned by a computer software.

I'm in the same status as you are and noticed the same difference. The new number is referred as "USCIS A#" instead of just "A#". Not sure if it makes any difference but mine are different numbers as well. I go by the new number throughout the application process.

Technically, you're only supposed to have only one A#, just like a SSN. However those USCIS folks tend to get lazy and fail to cross check or confirm A# listed by applicants on their AOS applications before going ahead and issuing a new oneIt's nothing to worry about though, once you get your GC, you should be using just the newly issued A#. Providing the old one will still help them consolidate your immigration files/record at the end of the day though. So don't worry about the new one.

Thank you @wreck_it_ralph and @Sm1smom - I was not aware of that , but it feels better knowing that this wasn't an isolated case.

again, thank you

1. No one has been rude to you - so I guess your points about rudeness were just some random musings you wanted to type.
2. Susie and Sm1smom (both of whom have been through the DV processes before you and both of whom understand the rules better than you do) have pointed out that the OP cannot get a visa because he has been waiting to go current and can only get a visa when his number has gone current. It is absolutely FUNDAMENTAL to the process. So yes, advising him to submit his paperwork without being current is sending him on a fools errand. Would you also suggest he takes the medicals also - so you would have hiom spend that money with NO CHANCE of success? That is cruel and foolish.
3. I can explain what is rude. In my book, arguing with people who are CLEARLY more knowledgeable and spend countless hours trying to give GOOD advice to people for free. That's rude in my book.

I gave my opinion on the subject, that is all. It's what I would do under these circumstances. In all probability, at this late stage, most people have had their medicals completed, so the money won't be wasted. Nobody has to do what I suggest. No, I haven't dedicated my life to replying to, and helping, people on this forum, but I understand the process very well. The people dealing with our paperwork are only human. They are not machines. There could be someone out there who accepts the file, even though not current. From my experience with DV lottery 2013 it definitely is not an exact science, which is cut and dried. You would be quite surprised at what goes on behind the scenes. I saw it with my own eyes. I personally would not be able to live with myself thinking " what if?".

That's right! Nothing in her experience that could be of benefit to Vivemaroc or the fact that she's asking him to still go ahead and send in his application when his CN is not current. Absolutely nothing!
Correction.....I am not asking anyone to do anything. I am merely stating what I would do in this situation. What I am trying to get across is that there is a humane factor in all this. Miracles do happen, and just maybe the person who deals with the paperwork lets it go through. If it wasn't for the fact that I connected with another human at the FO on a personal level I wouldn't be where I am now.

Ok so we are now on the "miracles happen" route....sheesh. Hey, why doesn't everyone who isn't current just rock up at the consulates, they might let them in too? :rolleyes:

SAgirl, you don't seem to understand something. Even if someone lets it through accidentally to start with - if there is no visa number, there is no visa. Simple.

Just to update on my own case... no activity yet on my expedite request. That sucks. I have made an infopass appointment for the 1st August, so I'll see how that goes!
Britsimon,

Didn't you receive an email about your expedite request, or was that the only activity so far?

Britsimon,

Didn't you receive an email about your expedite request, or was that the only activity so far?

I got the three letters only. No email. I was warned it was supposed to get me a response in 5 days (but could take longer). I suppose they could say the letter was a response of sorts, but other than that it doesn't seem to have done much (in my case). However, it will give me more "ammunition" to politely "demand" action when I go for the infopass.

In my case the delay in getting my GC is sort of useful (I earn more on a contract role and will be expected to take a J-O-B when I have my GC), so this delay isn't 100% bad news, but not getting the case through by mid/late August will start to be quite stressful!

Correction.....I am not asking anyone to do anything. I am merely stating what I would do in this situation. What I am trying to get across is that there is a humane factor in all this. Miracles do happen, and just maybe the person who deals with the paperwork lets it go through. If it wasn't for the fact that I connected with another human at the FO on a personal level I wouldn't be where I am now.

Because I don't believe in flogging a dead horse or arguing back and forth on the internet with people I most likely will never get to meet in life, I ordinarily wouldn't have bothered to respond to this post. But I do think the misconception being put across here needs to de dealt with for the sake of those who do not understand the DV process and may be led astray with this "miracles do happen" bit.

The truth is even if by some 'miracle' the application gets accepted and is forwarded to the the applicable FO (an act I would prefer to refer to as over-sight/error), no IO will go ahead and approve the case. There are checks and balances put in place to guard against such error. Approving an unqualified case is grounds for termination of employment for whoever approves it. This is not a case of human intervention or knowing people. Q.E.D!

I got the three letters only. No email. I was warned it was supposed to get me a response in 5 days (but could take longer). I suppose they could say the letter was a response of sorts, but other than that it doesn't seem to have done much (in my case). However, it will give me more "ammunition" to politely "demand" action when I go for the infopass.

In my case the delay in getting my GC is sort of useful (I earn more on a contract role and will be expected to take a J-O-B when I have my GC), so this delay isn't 100% bad news, but not getting the case through by mid/late August will start to be quite stressful!

This is very stressful for me because I want to get it and leave for a vacation ASAP. I normally have an Infopass scheduled for this Thursday, but I'll cancel it since they responded my expedite request just a week ago.

This is very stressful for me because I want to get it and leave for a vacation ASAP. I normally have an Infopass scheduled for this Thursday, but I'll cancel it since they responded my expedite request just a week ago.

I would have thought keeping the infopass was the best way to reduce the stress. Get the interview date - and then you can go on vacation relaxed....